Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have an iPhone as I believe Jay did, would a boat trip come up as a suggested way to get back to the resort?

I've read , no source so JMO, that theres no way to walk to the place on the coast that the boat is.

Quote didn't work, that was to @BrianJohnson

More drinking, more drug taking, more music, whatever but not any other activities that I'm sure you don't need me to elaborate on.

Everything we've been told by the friends suggests that he exactly did decide that he wanted to leave there and then and in the absence of a soon to be arriving bus set off walking. Obviously we dont know if his intention was to walk the whole way (very unlikely imo) or to get himself get himself to the next village/shop/cafe

We dont know why he went off the road but maybe the searchers do, possibly time will tell

I still think maybe he saw the sea and assumed his resort would be down there and what a scoop it would be to heroically make his way across those mountains.

Decades ago when I was 18 and in Gran Canaria with my mate, we ended up crashing at some girl’s apartment after a night out. Next morning we looked at a map and decided the quickest and most direct way home was across the Maspalomas dunes. It took a couple of hours slipping up and down the sand, stopping to rest, hungover, crying, carrying our high heels … the sun got hotter, there was no one around, we had no water and were burning, and we just about collapsed in hysterics into the arms of a watermelon seller when we got back into civilisation. I’ve thought about how stupid it was a lot over the last few weeks. But for the grace of god and all that.

I find it hard to believe that any of us would be here if we were not intent upon exploring every avenue - which in current parlance means 'conspiracy theories'. It's somewhat ironic that any of us would throw up our hands in horror at the idea of someone's life being dissected when that is the reason we are here. I hope we have all been fully respectful - the rules and the overseeing by admin should ensure that if things get out of hand - but we can't deny that we examine every tiny nuance, past and present.

As for MWT - although his intentions aren't always entirely altruistic, he has in the past conducted investigations which have thrown up valuable information and I don't know that the reasons he may have suggested have been discounted for Jay's finding himself in the middle of nowhere when he could have waited for a bus or a lift back to the hotel. I am distraught for Jay and his family but I do believe that better closure would be felt if they had a clear idea of why he made the decisions he did.

JMO, obviously
There a number of us on here that would have done the same, it's not unusual for a young man to make poor choices, he thought he could walk it, explored around, got lost and tragically fell. It's a very common way to pass away whilst out hiking. As recent news has clearly demonstrated. The police explored the right avenues, but there was way too much conspiracy flying around <modsnip>

RIP Jay Slater.

I remain in the suspicious crowd. I get it, he was off the black top, down a dirt road, possibly even down a dirt path, lost footing, slipped down a steep embankment in to the underbrush.....maybe. Maybe not.

The question for me remains, why?

If anyone stumbles on the GPS coordinates of where his body was found I'd LOVE to know.

RIP Jay Slater.

I remain in the suspicious crowd. I get it, he was off the black top, down a dirt road, possibly even down a dirt path, lost footing, slipped down a steep embankment in to the underbrush.....maybe. Maybe not.

The question for me remains, why?

If anyone stumbles on the GPS coordinates of where his body was found I'd LOVE to know.
It’s likely he had quite a substantial fall (after alcohol he was probably already slightly unsteady on his feet) probably landed in vast undergrowth.. what you’re wearing at that point isn’t very helpful

From what the police have said It seems to me that he fell down somewhere extremely difficult to search - hence the length in time finding him.

The police seem confident that this was a fall I’m guessing things have led them to state this straight away IE his iPhone is smashed, the way the body landed in position all probably leads to it being a tragic accident

I hope it gives Jays family some comfort knowing that this was probably over in a split second and he likely had no idea what was about to happen

Last edited:
ADMIN NOTE:

Good Morning everyone,

Threads are dedicated to the specific case under discussion. This discussion is specifically for Jay’s case. Posts about the Nicola Bulley case, the Esther Dingley case, conspiracy theories, social media drama, etc are all off topic, subject to removal, warning points, and possible loss of posting privileges.

Also, there is a difference between conspiracy theory vs speculative theory based on some reasonable semblance of known fact. If members believe something is a full-on conspiracy theory, WS relies on our members to Report it to Mods to let them review it and take action if necessary. Don’t come on after the fact publicly accusing members of having engaged in conspiracy theories if you didn’t bother to Report it at the time you read it. If you don’t Report it, Mods may not even be aware of such posts as there are hundreds of other cases they are tending to and can’t read every single post in every single thread.

Please use punctuation in your posts so we don’t get headaches trying to figure out what you are really trying to convey.

Thank you all.

I will now go wake up, drink more coffee, hug the dog and the cat, etc and be so much cheerier after all that :)

It’s likely he had quite a substantial fall (after alcohol he was probably already slightly unsteady on his feet) probably landed in vast undergrowth.. what you’re wearing at that point isn’t very helpful

From what the police have said It seems to me that he fell down somewhere extremely difficult to search - hence the length in time finding him.

I hope it gives Jays family some comfort knowing that this was probably over in a split second and he had likely had no idea what was about to happen
I've scanned the region of the reported last ping using several online tools.....to include terrain, altitudes, etc., hence, I'd LOVE to have the exact coordinates of the location of his body...yeah, I know, this ain't my first rodeo, we amateurs have no right, nor need to know. However, if somebody stumbles upon that data, I'd LOVE to have it :)

I'm not a conspiracist, per se, but I do not refrain from asking what I believe to be simple, obvious questions. Like, could someone have been with him, murdered him, at that location, or was he 'dumped' there? Indeed, being so far removed from the region, I have little choice but to trust LE with their answers to these questions, but in my humblest of opinions, naive be those who trust, yet fail to verify. I could elaborate on numerous past instances where I've been led to believe an untruth by someone in a position of authority :)

ADMIN NOTE:

Good Morning everyone,

Threads are dedicated to the specific case under discussion. This discussion is specifically for Jay’s case. Posts about the Nicola Bulley case, the Esther Dingley case, conspiracy theories, social media drama, etc are all off topic, subject to removal, warning points, and possible loss of posting privileges.

Also, there is a difference between conspiracy theory vs speculative theory based on some reasonable semblance of known fact. If members believe something is a full-on conspiracy theory, WS relies on our members to Report it to Mods to let them review it and take action if necessary. Don’t come on after the fact publicly accusing members of having engaged in conspiracy theories if you didn’t bother to Report it at the time you read it. If you don’t Report it, Mods may not even be aware of such posts as there are hundreds of other cases they are tending to and can’t read every single post in every single thread.

Please use punctuation in your posts so we don’t get headaches trying to figure out what you are really trying to convey.

Thank you all.

I will now go wake up, drink more coffee, hug the dog and the cat, etc and be so much cheerier after all that :)
Thank you this clarified a lot for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member