Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NRG festival wasn't at the Hard Rock Hotel in Adeje or The Hard Rock Cafe in Santa Cruz.

It was at the Hard Rock Cafe in Arona.

Address: Pirámide de Arona Avda. Las Americas s/n Playa de las Américas - Arona, Tenerife 38660 ES
Ebm- their for there.

Yes. The hard rock cafe Arona. Costa Adeje/Playa de Los Americas is, imo, where their accommodation is.

Just because the NRG was in Arona doesn't mean he was staying there but could be staying anywhere between there and Adeje. Don't think it really matters you can walk one to the other in half and hour / 45 mins and it wouldn't have made any difference to poor Jay's plight all of those miles away.

This is apparently the last known location he left from, people in the villa say he left at approx. 8am yesterday morning. Shows bus stops but may be that he had missed the 6am ish bus and decided to walk..

Lucy his friend actually got a lift to the villa yesterday to ask for more info, difficult as these people aren’t known to her or jay, only met at the rave/festival the night before.

I would make a timeline/map but have limited resources at moment at work.

Attachments

• IMG_5900.jpeg
    IMG_5900.jpeg
    62 KB · Views: 59
Just because the NRG was in Arona doesn't mean he was staying there but could be staying anywhere between there and Adeje. Don't think it really matters you can walk one to the other in half and hour / 45 mins and it wouldn't have made any difference to poor Jay's plight all of those miles away.
Bbm

Ebm - adding the bbm acronym
Quite so.

Last edited:
This is apparently the last known location he left from, people in the villa say he left at approx. 8am yesterday morning.

Lucy his friend actually got a lift to the villa yesterday to ask for more info, difficult as these people aren’t known to her or jay, only met at the rave/festival the night before.

That would be fantastic if you get chance thank you.

This is apparently the last known location he left from, people in the villa say he left at approx. 8am yesterday morning. Shows bus stops but may be that he had missed the 6am ish bus and decided to walk..

That's very concerning location-wise if correct because he's walked off from Masca in the opposite direction from where he needed to go.
If correct that would also appear unlikely around the accuracy of MSM reports that his phone had actually registered several hundred feet above the village on a hiking trail. Very challenging for rescue teams.

Last edited:

There is a bus stop outside Bar Restaurant Masca. How far away from that bus stop you have marked as the Villa he was at? Do you happen to know?

On the Facebook page his last location was shown as being the red dot. I though that might be erroneous as sometimes those things can be and that he was on the road at the other two bus stops at Hilde. That would have meant he'd walked north, uphill, rather than south from Masca.

There is a bus stop outside Bar Restaurant Masca. How far away from that bus stop you have marked as the Villa he was at? Do you happen to know?

On the Facebook page his last location was shown as being the red dot. I though that might be erroneous as sometimes those things can be and that he was on the road at the other two bus stops at Hilde. That would have meant he'd walked north, uphill, rather than south from Masca.
So the place the actual ping was sent from could be north of Masca rather than south? Did the earlier media reports not suggest he was indeed north of Masca?

Sorry yes this is confusing.
That's very concerning location-wise if correct because he's walked off from Masca in the opposite direction from where he needed to go.
If correct that would also appear unlikely around the accuracy of MSM reports that his phone had actually registered several hundred feet above the village on a hiking trail. Very challenging for rescue teams.

Yes sorry i am taking this from a poster who said she went to the villa with Lucy (jays friend) now doubting the accuracy of either this or the pinned post.

Sorry yes this is confusing.

Yes sorry i am taking this from a poster who said she went to the villa with Lucy (jays friend) now doubting the accuracy of either this or the pinned post.
You're right, it's confusing. However MSM reporting that local efforts are concentrated on Masca and Los Carrizales which is the area around the pinned post so it might be correct.

Last ping according to fb missing page

View attachment 511371
Personally, I would have stayed on the road and hitchhiked to Santiago del Teide but I grew up in an era when that was very popular. I don't know if young people today would do that sort of thing or even consider doing it. Young people took a lot more risks back in the day, certainly in my country they did. Hitchhiking and caravaning were 2 very popular activities in the 70's but are no longer as popular as they once were.

IMO

He told his friend Lucy (on the 8:50am call) he had cut his leg on cactus and all the various hiking groups warn about cactus in the area. I am inclined to believe the pinged post is the most accurate but take the last known location (villa) with a pinch of salt.

His hotel was in los christianos

He told his friend Lucy (on the 8:50am call) he had cut his leg on cactus and all the various hiking groups warn about cactus in the area. I am inclined to believe the pinged post is the most accurate but take the last known location (villa) with a pinch of salt.

Yes it is difficult to decipher. Such are the difficulties in sleuthing.

Gosh Los Christianos is even further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members