Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think LE has ruled out anything nefarious? I don’t know how law enforcement is there. They surely would clear everyone who Jay was with at the festival and at the party, right?

I hate even mentioning it but…. if raves are anything like they were in my day, there is a lot of drugs around rave culture…. I’m just hoping they ruled out an accidental overdose with a coverup and anything else.

I really dislike that my brain always goes there.

MOO

(Edited for clarification)

Last edited:
Do you think LE has ruled out anything nefarious? I don’t know how law enforcement is there. They surely would clear everyone who Jay was with at the festival and at the party, right?

I hate even mentioning it but…. if raves are anything like they were in my day, there is a lot of drugs around rave culture…. I’m just hoping they ruled out an accidental overdose with a coverup and anything else.

MOO

he does seem to have left the place he stayed at and then set off to go to back to the hotel. From what I have read there doesnt seem to be anything to suggest anything untoward happened.

MOO

Agree, he took a long ride with people he didnt know. Dont know at what time

Agree, he took a long ride with people he didnt know. Dont know at what time
If that were to be the case, though, it would come out quickly. Groups of people (more than one) cannot keep secrets. You know what they say.

I’m just not ready to discount anything yet.
And if his friends are reading this, I mean zero disrespect as I do not know anyone in this situation and am merely throwing out ideas…..

I know discussing alternate theories can be controversial because of any negative impact on those involved, family, etc.

I just hope he shows up and says, “what’s all the fuss about?” Who know…. maybe he did find another party.

The terrain looks pretty unforgiving. I hope he managed to find shade and it’s really getting critical that they find him asap

Sadly I think it’s highly unlikely he found others to head to a party with from the timeline we have of him leaving and heading off to find his way home. MOO

Hopefully the police are keeping an open mind. I think the signs, especially the content of the phone call to his friend around 8.15am, the ping in an area that matches the vague details of where he said he was (or wasn't) does lead that he got lost walking back.
Latest update (below, from stepfather) suggests he went back with the friends he met for a few more beers.
Coupled with his comment about being thirsty (call to his friend) that would have him heading off into a hot day, already dehydrated, into an area with no/little water. Searches already underway today.

My mind keeps going back to the young lad lost in the woods in America and was found alive! Cant remember the name or age but It
was a fair few days he managed to keep himself going until found. Always have hope.

I hope he didn't take any ecstasy/molly, the most popular drug at raves, which suppresses your sense of thirst, leading to dehydration. This is a common hazard when dancing all night on X. People just forget to drink water.
Or they remember to drink water but they forget they've drunken any and end up drinking too much which their body then cannot expel until they come down.

More than once in my youth I had to shout "SMALL SIPS" at friends who'd taken things and were chugging water.
This was more common than people forgetting to drink in my friendship group.

As a friend once said to me on my first journey; "never chug, baby sips. you'll struggle to piss or sweat sufficiently if you chug it."

Coronation Street star has revealed their heartbreak over British teenager Jay Slater, who is missing in Tenerife.

Vicky Entwistle, who is best known for her role as Janice Battersby in the ITV soap, begged her fans to pray for the missing teen. The 19-year-old was in the Canary Islands for a music festival, but mysteriously disappeared after a night out with new friends. Jay was seen in a Snapchat clip laughing and smiling the night before he vanished.

Jay, originally from Oswaldtwistle in Lancashire, was seen wearing a grey sports top with a light green strip on the shoulders and a black bag. He reportedly vanished after making a phone call to his pals saying he was in the "middle of nowhere". Actress Vicky has shared one of the missing posters of Jay that has been circulating online.

She said: "My God Mother’s Grandson has gone missing. His Mother has flown out 7pm. To join the police search. Hope to God they find him. Please pray for him." Fans offered their support to Vicky as one said: "Saw this on Facebook Vicky, it seems to be getting shared far and wide, hopefully there will be some good news imminently with all the love and support out there, just makes it so much harder when abroad! Love and prayers for you all."

Is there any web cams in area that show footage from 3 days ago? I’ve looked but can only see image of Sunday/Monday no actual stream footage. Just thinking if it could be accessed? That would be a lot of hours to go through- many hands make light work

I’m in Guía Del Isora at present which is approximately 18 miles from Masca. The weather today here is very cloudy and cooler than the last couple of days so hopefully it will be better for the search parties.
There is a lot of publicity and a car rental firm is offering free car hire for volunteers.
Pray he is found today.

To get to area there is I think a bus service? They are green in colour I think? More than likely LE would be checking their cams? That’s saying public transport was used? Maybe not, but it’s some distance from apartments to the area of search is it not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member