Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
To get to area there is I think a bus service? They are green in colour I think? More than likely LE would be checking their cams? That’s saying public transport was used? Maybe not, but it’s some distance from apartments to the area of search is it not?

Yes, there are buses. I believe vans are being stopped and checked so I would imagine the buses cams will have been checked also.
I think he was staying in Los Cristianos but the apartment he went to was close to where the last ping was which is a long way from where he was staying. Approximately 45 mins in a car.

I’m in Guía Del Isora at present which is approximately 18 miles from Masca. The weather today here is very cloudy and cooler than the last couple of days so hopefully it will be better for the search parties.
There is a lot of publicity and a car rental firm is offering free car hire for volunteers.
Pray he is found today.
Just to add, a couple of helicopters are now going up and down the coast.

I can't remember who it was, who described getting lost in a forest or a jungle and they accidentally kept going around in circles. I hope he's managed to write something with stones or in sand or earth like SOS or Help. But I fear he could be under shade or near water and not visible to helicopters or drones - unless drones can get into tight spaces?

Not Tenerife but my friend was drugged and robbed in Benidorm a few years back. He was found wandering around lost two days later with no recollection of what had happened. His friends said he had appeared unusually drunk and agitated when they last saw him.

I'm wondering if something similar had happened in the case or was attempted. I really home they can find him but it does feel like a needle in a haystack :(

Not Tenerife but my friend was drugged and robbed in Benidorm a few years back. He was found wandering around lost two days later with no recollection of what had happened. His friends said he had appeared unusually drunk and agitated when they last saw him.

I'm wondering if something similar had happened in the case or was attempted. I really home they can find him but it does feel like a needle in a haystack :(
I have to say its crossed my mind. Have the 'two lads' he went with been found?

Article updated:

Famous person in UK has links to Jay and has put out an appeal:

It's somewhere in the Manchester Evening News Live commentary that's linked. Also in there, allegedly British which would explain why they might have told Jay that there was a bus service but that they wouldn't have known the frequency or when it went.
Surely his times could easily be checked using a phone. Why did they not offer him a lift back to his hotel.

Big development. Spanish Police have switched the search operation to the south of the island to the resort areas around Los Cristianos and Playa de Las Americas

From the article posted above:

Jay Slater’s friend Lucy Mae, who had flown to Tenerife with him to attend a three-day rave festival, said around the same time she was growing increasingly concerned for his safety as she described his disappearance as “suspicious and weird”.

Big development. Spanish Police have switched the search operation to the south of the island to the resort areas around Los Cristianos and Playa de Las Americas

The eveningnews are reporting the same thing.

The civil guard spokesperson is quoted as saying it’s due to information they received but was unable to confirm anything else

Surely his times could easily be checked using a phone. Why did they not offer him a lift back to his hotel.
I far as I understand from the reports, his plan was to get a bus, but I assume after waiting around for one, he decided to walk instead. He must have felt full of energy after drink/drugs from partying all night, I see this as the only logical behind how he felt capable of completing an 8 hour hike. The continuation on his route was possibly related to a sunk-cost fallacy, as in I have already come so far, so I should keep on going. But came down from the high in the wrong place, at the wrong time. It also seems possible he attempted to take a shortcut in desperation, which opens up the possibility of hurting himself and subsequently harder to locate off track.

Unexpected. He couldn’t have walked that far without any water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
80schick