Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BUT would it not take longer than 50 mins to walk to that location.
My assumption is he set off from somewhere near Las Portelas (Google Maps Link)

I think the location he set off from is closer to Masca, because he called his friend an hour after setting off and with his battery at 1% this is his last known location. This area technically still is within Buenavista Del Norte, as seen on his Snapchat.

His aunt is in Tenerife searching and has just posted an update to the Facebook group saying that the search hasn’t been moved and that is false information that’s being reported.

I was hoping they had a good reason for the new location.
It is confusing as I thought the statement about a change of location came from official Spanish sources ,rather than a social media rumour.

It might be a case of, like with Michael Mosley, he’s partly obscured by wall, rocks, in a gulley etc. but under their noses the whole time, in the area where there has been extensive searches already and within a couple of miles of his last known location.

Yes you are right.

I initially had the location before as this but it means the last pinged location sent to his friend he has actually walked north not south.

Timings match but he was walking in the opposite direction to where he was meant to be going..
And that's one of the (many) odd things

Also, the Snapchat photo was taken at 7.30am apparently inside the apartment where he'd stayed. By 8.15am he was calling his friend saying not only was he thirsty and lost but that "I can't go back, i don't know where I am" (source - Manchester Evening News, Interview with his friend) and was sounding distressed. That's a really tight-time frame between him leaving where he'd stayed and being in a position where he'd got some place that he didn't know how to get back to where he'd started.

Forgive me if this has been suggested before, but are we sure that Jay actually left the apartment, or could someone else have used his phone to message Lucy? IF you were down to 1% battery, wouldn't you text rather than call?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli