JBaez requests Ex Parte Hearing with Judge Strickland

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That's an interesting point. Although, I tend to disagree on one point you mentioned. I don't think Casey would lose the support of her family if she did indeed attempt to throw them all under the bus. I don't think Cindy would turn her back on her. Actually I think Cindy would relish becoming the ultimate martyr.

OMG-------You just may be right on here. I figured she was feeling the heat and scared but maybe she is going to "crawl" under the WHEELS. WOW! Thanks for that insight.

Whose the bus coming for? George, Cindy, Ray Kronk, Tony L...those are my guesses....

Uh-oh: none of them had access to Casey's car. With the decomp smell. Bummer for her.

OK. I just went back and read this all again. What JB seems to be saying is that he needs access to certain documents/records that are essential to the defense that he can't get because the SA doesn't have them to turn over in discovery. If he asks the SA to get these records he will get them but tip off the SA to the defense plans.

Adoption records popped into my head? Is that possible?

How about military records for B Snow? M Hopkins?

Mental Health records for witnesses?

You know, if I was a betting person, (which I am not) I would bet 14 cents and a steak sandwich that JB is going to get his request. This could be grounds for appeal and the Judge just might err on the side of caution.

So, I called the Orlando Sentinel and asked for Sarah Lundy, the author, and asked her how she got a copy of this motion, since it wasn't online as of yet. She said she had to physically go to the courthouse to get it, that she didn't realize it had been filed til she went looking. I asked her to put it on the Orlando Sentinel's website, and she said she'd try, but she said she wouldn't promise it. ;) She says it's only one page total - JBaez lists 5 points (NO LAW - no surprise there, eh???) on why he should get this hearing: "...he's in search for the truth...he's needing to subpoena things...items cannot be obtained through normal discovery through Rule 3.220, FL rule..."

So he can't go in and say something like "Well you see Judge my client is mad at me and refuses to see me. The last time I did not read the message to the world she wrote and told me to- she threw my laptop on the floor and now she won't speak to me..so what do I do now ?"

:blowkiss:

Could he be seeking medical or psychological records on Cindy and/or George?

Whose the bus coming for? George, Cindy, Ray Kronk, Tony L...those are my guesses....

Uh-oh: none of them had access to Casey's car. With the decomp smell. Bummer for her.
But Casey did mention to Amy that Jesse had access to her car, after the news came out about the air, decomp, results...not that he really did, but if I was a betting person, which I am not, I would say Jesse or Ricardo.

OK. I just went back and read this all again. What JB seems to be saying is that he needs access to certain documents/records that are essential to the defense that he can't get because the SA doesn't have them to turn over in discovery. If he asks the SA to get these records he will get them but tip off the SA to the defense plans.

You know, if I was a betting person, (which I am not) I would bet 14 cents and a steak sandwich that JB is going to get his request. This could be grounds for appeal and the Judge just might err on the side of caution.

Sarah Lundy with the Orlando Sentinel read the 5 points/paragraphs contained in the single page document, which did not specify any particular groups of documents/information or entities whatsoever, to me over the phone. It's extremely vaguely written.

I believe that the request for an ex parte hearing with Judge Strickland, outside the presence of the SA, will be denied.

I do believe that IF, and that's a mighty big IF for JBaez, JBaez can demonstrate in an official court hearing, on the record, with the SA present, etc., that he's attempted to obtain things or information on his own and he cannot do so (meaning he'll have to show Judge Strickland the paper trail wherein he's PROPERLY asked for and been denied such-and-such) then MAYBE Judge Strickland will issue orders for whatever it is JBaez seeks, but Judge Strickland only has jurisdiction within the State of FL.

I agree with you. I'd add to your list tho: Possibly Jesse. Wonder if he's after records from the firm who did the paternity test?

OMG----Have they found a loop-hole?

Dear God,
I put this in your hands all in you hands now. Please help us stand strong for this baby Caylee can receive her Justice.
Thank You so much for the smart peeps here at W/S who hold our hands thru this.
Thank You God!
In Jesus Holy Name---Amen!

:laugh:
So he can't go in and say something like "Well you see Judge my client is mad at me and refuses to see me. The last time I did not read the message to the world she wrote and told me to- she threw my laptop on the floor and now she won't speak to me..so what do I do now ?"

:blowkiss: Nope, he cannot.

I have never heard of asking the Judge for information in private, because if the state knows what he is asking for it will tip them off to a possible defense ?

:blowkiss:Thanks--------I needed that. This is blowin me away.

So, I called the Orlando Sentinel and asked for Sarah Lundy, the author of the article I'd snipped from, and asked her how she got a copy of this motion, since it wasn't online as of yet. She said she had to physically go to the courthouse to get it, that she didn't realize it had been filed 'til she went looking. I asked her to put it on the Orlando Sentinel's website, and she said she'd try, but she said she wouldn't promise it. ;) She says it's only one page total - JBaez lists 5 points (NO LAW - no surprise there, eh???) on why he should get this hearing: "...he's in search for the truth...he's needing to subpoena things...items cannot be obtained through normal discovery through Rule 3.220, FL rule..."

Chezhire, could Sarah Lundy fax you a copy?

I'd also like to add that "my gut" tells me the judge will not be so accomodating to Mr. Baez. From the sounds of the ending of the last hearing, I believe he's on his last nerve. He keeps up his shinannigans, and he's gonna get more than a slap on the wrist. He's pushing it with Judge Strickland.

Sarah Lundy with the Orlando Sentinel read the 5 points/paragraphs contained in the single page document, which did not specify any particular groups of documents/information or entities whatsoever, to me over the phone. It's extremely vaguely written.

I believe that the request for a hearing with Judge Strickland outside the presence of the SA will be denied.

I do believe that IF, and that's a mighty big IF for JBaez, JBaez can demonstrate in an official court hearing, on the record, with the SA present, etc., that he's attempted to obtain things or information on his own and he cannot do so (meaning he'll have to show Judge Strickland the paper trail wherein he's asked and been denied such-and-such) then MAYBE Judge Strickland will issue orders for whatever it is JBaez seeks, but Judge Strickland only has jurisdiction within the State of FL.

If Judge S only has jurisdiction over Florida then who does JB go to for what he wants? Does he have to ask the SC to compel these records? Then if he received them wouldn't he eventually have to disclose them to the SA? Also does Judge S have jurisdiction over the 3 examples I listed above?

Thank you kindly for sharing all your knowledge with us.

If Judge S only has jurisdiction over Florida then who does JB go to for what he wants? Does he have to ask the SC to compel these records? Then if he received them wouldn't he eventually have to disclose them to the SA? Also does Judge S have jurisdiction over the 3 examples I listed above?

Thank you kindly for sharing all your knowledge with us.

The way it's typically done is you send a subpoena to the out-of-state entity via whatever method your state has set up for service of process upon non-resident entities. (Usually called a long arm statute.) Includes sending along extra copies for the recipient state to send with it's LE arm designated to serve the particular entity, and so on. Involves a lot of patience and waiting, plus you have to follow the rules STRICTLY.
An alternative is to enroll co-counsel licensed in that other state and have them file an ancillary proceeding in the entity's home/domiciliary state against the entity to obtain the information/things sought. Much more expensive, but hey - it's always great to have local counsel affiliated asking the entity for that which you seek.

I know what it is---------he gave the guards their depos today.

Maybe somebody of "smarts" should email NG and let her know. That way it will be out in the open faster and JB will know we are LOL at him

The way it's typically done is you send a subpoena to the out-of-state entity via whatever method your state has set up for service of process upon non-resident entities. (Usually called a long arm statute.) Includes sending along extra copies for the recipient state to send with it's LE arm designated to serve the particular entity, and so on. Involves a lot of patience and waiting, plus you have to follow the rules STRICTLY.
An alternative is to enroll co-counsel licensed in that other state and have them file an ancillary proceeding in the entity's home/domiciliary state against the entity to obtain the information/things sought. Much more expensive, but hey - it's always great to have local counsel affiliated asking the entity for that which you seek.

Ok. Thank you kindly. I understand. But I assume the military comes under federal jurisdiction (so out of a local judges hands). Do adoption records or mental health records come under jurisdiction of local (state) judges or does federal jurisdiction cover these?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back