Jeff Ashton -Retired? Not if he has anything to say about it! ;) ***Updated***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh my! I hope he doesn't bear any guilt or responsiblity for the travesty of justice that happened today.

Nobody stood up for little Caylee more than you, Mr. Ashton, sir.

I want to scream at Casey like Baez said GA did, "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!?" See how many lives you've ruined?
She really doesn't care.

I do see that happening. I doubt many people will buy a book supporting Casey Anthony. Publishers will lose money on those types of books.

If Jeff, Linda or Frank does write a book, I agree it will sell well.

I do worry for Jeff, Linda and Frank. This will hurt them and I thought they did the best they could.

BBM Yes, this will definitely hurt them. It is not at all fair.

our worst nightmare has happened

Yes. It's not enough that the murderer of a beautiful little girl, Caylee, is walking free and will probably make a fortune off her victim, but now we are losing one of the best, Jeff Ashton.

I don't blame him. I think I would retire too.

This case broke him, and I totally understand that.

God Bless him in whatever he does next.

I don't blame him... I was wondering how they were all taking this! I'm sure he has probably been planning this for a little while, though he really doesn't seem old enough to retire. I think this might have forced him to choose to retire earlier than planned. I too think he just lost complete faith in everything after this.

I'm sure he will do well wherever he goes. I hope we see him again! I'd buy or watch anything from him.

I just heard it on HLN. I think this case just did him in. I also think losing it was more than he could handle and maybe he does not look at the justice system like he once did.
I am sure we will find out someday.

My son will leave in 47 days ... Parris Island to become a Marine..

It's been tough enough knowing that my son is leaving me for a dangerous job...it's worse now knowing that my son will be sent off to fight for the rights of people who kill their children and get away with it.

Sorry this is off topic just wanted to say......Beaufort!!! Love it! I do understand what you are saying though. I grew up AF, married Army who grew up Marine Corp---his dad was a DI at PI :giggle:

I do understand it hurts sometimes and we do wonder at times why our rights work the way they do. I have issues with soldiers dying to protect freedom of speech giving those nutjobs the freedom of speech of protest at those soldiers funerals. THAT breaks my heart. However, if we take away the rights of any one person....then we all risk those rights being taken away from any of us.

Thoughts and hugs with you as the Mom of a soon to be service member.

I just got this text too from the Sentinal.
So I wouldn't think this is a rumour?
Did he come out and say this?
Sorry haven't read thru the pages yet.

Another shocking result

I heard earlier that he and Linda never lost a Murder case.
Do you think he may being forced to resign by Atty.Gen?
because many have said he reached too high with the DP?
I'm taking a Xanax and going to bed now.
I am so sick to my stomach and have muscle spasms around my chest

Hugs to all here

I'm asking here because I CANNOt watch the TV coverage
If I see ICAface again and the verdict again
I wiil probably kick the tv screen in!

Just speculating here but I'm willing to bet that this has been the plan for a while. Some government jobs are not that easy to just retire in a matter of days. I'm betting that at some point during this case he felt it was time to retire. He's been doing this for a long long time. He was the first prosecutor to introduce DNA into a court room, so that was the 80's. I'm also betting he has vacation time up the yingyang and will either sell that back or use it or part of it, taking terminal vacation until his actual retirement date.

So Mr Ashton, job well done for these many many years, and may you do well in whatever path you decide to take in the future. Thank you for your selfless duty to the people of Florida.

I just heard the announcement on HLN about JA's retirement. This is sad that he's retiring having lost this case.................a case he was so passionate about.

This is going to be the most unpopular post in the history of WS, but I'm glad he's retiring, and on a loss.

I never felt that his focus or passion was about justice for Caylee.
Like JB, I think his focus was on winning high-profile case. They both game-played and broke rules.

LDB on the other hand was dignified throughout.

JMO

Channel 9 just announced that Jeff will be on The View tomorrow.

Well since JA is retiring on Friday (day after back in court) I hope he gives Baez that "special middle finger" or does something to go out with a bang God love him!!!

I'm thinking a book and a professorship at a highly rated law school. I don't blame him one bit, he richly deserves it! LDB does as well if she chooses to do so. My DH and I had this discussion yesterday...how can these prosecutors go back to normal life after being in the international spotlight. It's easier for defense attorneys, most off them are not civil servants.

I know as a mother how I am feeling inside tonight. I have lost faith in justice.. No matter how many years he has worked to defend justice and victims, once your faith is gone, it's just gone.

I'll keep him in my prayers.

Mine is gone too. I wish eh would have waited so that ICA can't gloat

I got this text while I was out and it makes perfect sense to me. His chin was quivering a mile a minute after the verdict was read in court. He fought for Caylee and I don't know how he could trust in the system after today.

Bless him and the team and all they did. This pain is shared by many.

This is going to be the most unpopular post in the history of WS, but I'm glad he's retiring, and on a loss.

I never felt that his focus or passion was about justice for Caylee.
Like JB, I think his focus was on winning high-profile case. They both game-played and broke rules.

LDB on the other hand was dignified throughout.

JMO

Uh-what trial did you watch?

This is a HUGE loss to the state of Florida. He's an excellent attorney and a blessing to the victims out there. God bless him for his years of service. He cared about Caylee more than her own mother.

God bless him for his service and whatever his future plans are, I hope he finds happiness and success.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back