Jian Ghomeshi, well known, well respected radio host fired for Sexual Assault

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Breaking on CP24 LIVE: Two women gave statements to police today r.e. Jian Ghomeshi. Hopefully this will lead to charges. JMO

Toronto police have confirmed that two women have come forward with allegations against Jian Ghomeshi and are investigating.

One is Trailer Park Boys actress Lucy DeCoutere, who alleged in an interview with the Star that in 2003, Ghomeshi choked her to the point she could not breathe and then slapped her hard three times on the side of her head.

The other woman, who wishes to remain anonymous, first talked to a Star reporter on Monday, and alleged that without consent, Ghomeshi grabbed her hair and pulled her down to the floor. Then, she alleges, he delivered three sharp punches to the side of her head while she lay on the floor.

The woman had been invited to a taping of >play in 2002. Ghomeshi was the host of the CBC Newsworld TV show.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...wed_cbc_video_of_bondage_beating_sources.html

I salute these courageous women and I hope that more of his (apparent) victims do the same.

Seems JG had some of the women on video, which he felt was proof of consent (if the ability to blackmail your accusers with video is proof of consent?)

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...wed_cbc_video_of_bondage_beating_sources.html

People in the know said Sunday that he was a "bad man", and that the story would come out soon. I think we all know that he is a bad man. It just gets worse by the day.

Did these women know that they were being video-taped? If not, each woman with a similar story should speak to police so police can verify that the woman(en?) on the tapes are alive and well. Hopefully police will soon announce that the women on the tapes came forward and are fine. He's been doing this for 12 years, the same length of time as Jesse Matthew, suspected in the murders of Morgan Harrington and Hannah Graham (VA). He is 32 years old. Ghomeshi is 47. It wouldn't surprise me if there were earlier victims too.

Is there an "ex-girlfriend" with a grudge or was this a brief romance/abuse experience, like the other stories we've heard. Did any woman stay with him long enough to be an "ex-girlfriend"?

Toronto police have confirmed that two women have come forward with allegations against Jian Ghomeshi and are investigating.

One is Trailer Park Boys actress Lucy DeCoutere, who alleged in an interview with the Star that in 2003, Ghomeshi choked her to the point she could not breathe and then slapped her hard three times on the side of her head.

The other woman, who wishes to remain anonymous, first talked to a Star reporter on Monday, and alleged that without consent, Ghomeshi grabbed her hair and pulled her down to the floor. Then, she alleges, he delivered three sharp punches to the side of her head while she lay on the floor.

The woman had been invited to a taping of >play in 2002. Ghomeshi was the host of the CBC Newsworld TV show.

Three slaps or punches to the side of the head, tackled choked, to the ground. Young women did what he wanted to avoid another punch, then he told them to leave. Same story, different women.
With Jesse Matthew, it was one punch to the side of the head, choke, assault, sometimes murder.

They have MO in common.

OK now I see Jian messed up his career and life on his own by showing CBC the videos. Hopefully, he can also do some time in jail too.

I think he knew the story was going to break. He attempted a pre-emptive strike to silence, or neutralize, what was going to come out about his abuse against women. Did the one from April put on twitter that she taped it? He did everything he could to get ahead of his story, but today no one supports him, and lawyers have interpreted his contract on the news - something about unionized employees can't argue with the morality clause. There will be no $$55 Million in compensation. His life in the field of broadcasting, commentary, and performing arts is over, except for crawling through the gutters.

If everyone is still alive, then there probably won't be much jail time.

Here's something I saw only briefly mentioned once in the many online comments/facebook discussions.
Here's a song he penned and sang lead on all the way back in '86. For some reason he was calling himself "Jean".
Youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-99_hPpdhMk

Lyrics:

Don't get me wrong
I'm not the guy who's going to tease
I'm checking her out
I'm feeling through
I'm making sure is this for me
Like the guy you want to know but you never know if you can believe
Hey what she does to me and what she says to everybody
Checking her out
It's a matter of time
It's a matter of luck
And what we can be
I said ooh I'll move into her
I can see

That I know I'm breaking on through her walls
And I know as time goes that we'll be lovers
I know I'm breaking on through her walls
I know as time goes that we'll be lovers

Not a dream but a fantasy and now it's coming true
Like one of the best and now she's asking "Well how is it for you?"
Not my one desire how could I refuse
Well I see that sparkle in her eye and I say "Well how do you do?"
Not too much
It's a matter of time
It's a matter of luck
And what we can be
I said ooh I'll move into her
I can see

That I know I'm breaking on through her walls
And I know as time goes that we'll be lovers
I know I'm breaking on through her walls
I know as time goes that we'll be lovers

Well it's a fantasy

By itself it would be another cheesy new wave tune but given what we know now it's super creepy. It pretty much reads like his manual on forcing himself on women, deluding himself that he knew what they wanted or would consent to regardless of their feelings. Such cluelessness on normal boundaries or decent behaviour didn't just happen because he got super famous from the Q show.
I feel safe in saying he has been doing this a very long time.

"Breaking Her Walls," eh? Good God, mere misogyny is the best-case scenario here.

The only Q I ever listened to - in part - was the Billy Bob Thornton and here's the funny thing. When I worked in radio, when a guest came in, we asked what they did or did not want to discuss. With the Q Billy show, Ghomeshi broke that trust immediately and spoke about what BBT asked what not to talk about. Obviously now we know that JG does not respect boundaries and regales in another's discomfort when a boundary is crossed. He's the dominant it appears, he calls the shots; as his show grew, so did his ego and his id dissolved to the point that his kink became his ego,, I want to Hate F____ you to a co-worker,, wowzers.

I hope that made sense.

The only Q I ever listened to - in part - was the Billy Bob Thornton and here's the funny thing. When I worked in radio, when a guest came in, we asked what they did or did not want to discuss. With the Q Billy show, Ghomeshi broke that trust immediately and spoke about what BBT asked what not to talk about. Obviously now we know that JG does not respect boundaries and regales in another's discomfort when a boundary is crossed. He's the dominant it appears, he calls the shots; as his show grew, so did his ego and his id dissolved to the point that his kink became his ego,, I want to Hate F____ you to a co-worker,, wowzers.

I hope that made sense.
Makes perfect sense, terrible and compelling.

Two weeks ago, Brown said on his podcast that he was working on a “monster” story that would be “worse than embarrasing for certain parties”. Brown has told the Star that he was referring to a different story, and it had nothing to do with Ghomeshi. Sources connected to CBC and Navigator said they now understand this to be the case.

But when Brown’s podcast came out, Ghomeshi’s concern over imminent publication prompted him to ask for a meeting with CBC late Thursday, Oct. 23. At that meeting, according to sources, he presented “material that we had not seen before.”

LIVE Press conference in about 10 minutes at Toronto Police Headquarters r.e. a sexual assault investigation. Not official that it's about Ghomeshi but CP24 and other news agencies are concluding that it is.

Three people have come forward!

Requesting that people report any videos, chats, photos depicting violence.

Ghomeshi has not been interviewed by police yet.

3 have been in touch with LE so far.......

no statute of limitations on this

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710
Back