JLM Charged in 2005 Farifax Rape Case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This article horrifies me. Camblos will clearly do anything to "win" his case...I am truly nervous about him defending JM after reading this, and am SO glad the Fairfax judge paired him with another attorney (although I do wish he had dismissed him completely from participating).

Some have questioned if Camblos has a history of dealing with JLM's family. In googling about for information on the murder of Osama Hassan, I saw a familiar surname. I have no idea if there is a connection, but it did sorta jump out at me. http://tech.mit.edu/V118/N50/virginia.10.1.50n.html

Someone else may have already thought this and sorry if I've missed it- I think it could be possible that as Camblos has built his case for JM, he wants to paint a consistent picture of his client; feels in order to win the HG case he should manage JM's image throughout both cases at this point. For example, if he's going the mental illness route, it would be harder to take that angle in HG case if another DA in Fairfax approached it differently for that case. JMO.

Boy, if this is the case, Camblos may find himself over his head and drowning with trying to represent JM consistently in multiple cases....

Camblos is going to try to learn and get a test of his opponent evidence. That's all, the more he can make them pour evidence into this case the better his chances to beat it in the next cases. I Understand the cases are connected in this court setting, that does mean Camblo wont come out swinging to get some of it.

Also im very proud of this young woman for doing the right thing. The tables have turned on JM, I do think he will get life with out a doubt at same time Camblos is going learn a lot of what evidence they have toward his client in a theme.

I wouldn't go that far. Camblo is a good man at heart,He loves to win, he loves to say outlandish things for shock value, very animated type of guy to get the jury out serious mode but into his world of thinking of precise things/ways. It does not make him evil to represent Jm all the time.

He is a family lawyer by trade not a pure defense attorney .. I think personally he is too close to his client and he should be removed from his client. Thats my opinion.

I do think that will happen in the coming months by the feds and state. I don't think le can beat him when he is on his A game. He has very good sway.

This is not a divorce hearing, personal injury or civil rights case where emotion is going to 'hold sway.'

This is a case where a living victim, testimonies of witnesses, photos of brutal vicious harm, and Jesse Matthew's own DNA will be the deciding factors for a jury.

From what I have read about Mr. Camblos, he's not as good as he (or you) thinks he is. Moreover, as CA, his idea of justice was distorted and uneven. He dished out or withheld justice by his own will, not the intent and letter of the law.

He's out of his league in this case. There will be no games or shenanigans tolerated by this judge.

Moreover, this is Virginia, with very strict standards for insanity defense and there is a vast array of stellar unimpeachable experts from the Academy Group and the active members of national law enforcement within easy reach.

Whatever Camblos might try to present by way of defense, there is a mega-ton smack-down near at hand. The evidence is heavy and compelling on the side of the law this time around. The prosecution has a royal flush with aces in the hole. They are well-trained, competent and not likely to play their hand badly causing a mis-trial.

The case is old, the victim relatively unknown and Fairfax is large. This case not likely to have the community notoriety that the Graham and Harrington cases would have in Charlottesville. So a change of venue and other sorts of defense plays are not going to work.

Jesse Matthew's name and family, PC, affirmative action and the influence of his protectors won't affect the outcome of this case.

Jesse Matthew has used up all his excuses, and his second and third chances. He has cooked his own goose. It's time for truth and consequences.

LINKS
http://cvillenews.com/2007/11/05/vote-against-camblos/
http://rule-303.blogspot.com/2007/11/victory-over-camblos.html
http://www.readthehook.com/76703/pac-emerges8230-and-endorses-lunsford
http://www.readthehook.com/81444/news-anatomy-upset-voters-yank-camblos-choose-lunsford
http://www.academy-group.com/

Are you suggesting that JM got special privileges because he is a working class, black male? I am still confused by what you mean by affirmative action and political correctness benefited him.

Referring to:
Jesse Matthew's academic progress through school. Special classes throughout school, yet still awarded a regular high school diploma. Acceptance into Liberty U and Christopher Newport despite not being academically qualified (as testified by those who tutored him). Traffic offenses dismissed. Cab license approved. Felony charges reduced to misdemeanors. Jesse was not interviewed as a cab driver in the Harrington case when other cab drivers were although he was working that night. Jobs and loans from UVA and Martha Jefferson hospitals.

This is just what is known as far as advocacy for JLM. He abused his many extra chances by choosing deception, evil and crime rather than truth and goodness.

I wouldn't go that far. Camblo is a good man at heart,He loves to win, he loves to say outlandish things for shock value, very animated type of guy to get the jury out serious mode but into his world of thinking of precise things/ways. It does not make him evil to represent Jm all the time.

He is a family lawyer by trade not a pure defense attorney .. I think personally he is too close to his client and he should be removed from his client. Thats my opinion.

I do think that will happen in the coming months by the feds and state. I don't think le can beat him when he is on his A game. He has very good sway.

Just curious as to why you think hes too close to his client?

AndI never said he was evil for representing him.I just said Im not sure Camblos is the man for the job.

From the tone of your post it sounds as if you know Camblos and live in the C-Ville area?

Referring to:
Jesse Matthew's academic progress through school. Special classes throughout school, yet still awarded a regular high school diploma. Acceptance into Liberty U and Christopher Newport despite not being academically qualified (as testified by those who tutored him). Traffic offenses dismissed. Cab license approved. Felony charges reduced to misdemeanors. Jesse was not interviewed as a cab driver in the Harrington case when other cab drivers were although he was working that night. Jobs and loans from UVA and Martha Jefferson hospitals.

This is just what is known as far as advocacy for JLM. He abused his many extra chances by choosing deception, evil and crime rather than truth and goodness.

Taking special classes doesn't prevent one from graduating HS. He got into those universities because he played football. Not being interviewed is a mistake by LE, who knows why they didn't? Overcrowding of jail might have to do with why felony charges were reduced to misdemeanors. I wouldn't say any of that is privileges based on political correctness and affirmative action.

On the contrary, JM was expelled from two schools for rape, despite being a football player, no trial, and no public outrage.

Referring to:

Has it been established as fact that JLM received loans from UVA?

Taking special classes doesn't prevent one from graduating HS. He got into those universities because he played football. Not being interviewed is a mistake by LE, who knows why they didn't? Overcrowding of jail might have to do with why felony charges were reduced to misdemeanors. I wouldn't say any of that is privileges based on political correctness and affirmative action.

On the contrary, JM was expelled from two schools for rape, despite being a football player, no trial, and no public outrage.

Overcrowding of jail? Not a chance.

It was a gentle pressure appeal for mercy and compassion from the DA (possibly at the request of the someone who advised JM what to do when he went to the police station after the Hannah Graham abduction) that got the charges reduced and saved JM's behind once again. I have a hunch that this 'someone' knew about the 'outstanding DNA' that JM had left in Fairfax and the rapes that JM had committed in Lynchburg and Newport News.

JMO

Overcrowding of jail? Not a chance.

It was a gentle pressure appeal for mercy and compassion from the DA (possibly at the request of the someone who advised JM what to do when he went to the police station after the Hannah Graham abduction) that got the charges reduced and saved JM's behind once again. I have a hunch that this 'someone' knew about the 'outstanding DNA' that JM had left in Fairfax and the rapes that JM had committed in Lynchburg and Newport News. G

JMO

I don't know how important it is to the discussion, but it is not at all unusual for plea agreements to include reducing a felony to a misdemeanor. Not unusual at all! IMO. Also, FWIW, there are different levels/classes of misdemeanors and different levels/classes of felonies. Also IMO.

Referring to:

I think it's been mentioned before but it's quite likely JLM has a learning disability such as Dyslexia or Dysgraphia or a host of other learning disabilities. These do not mean someone is stupid or has a low IQ. Quite often, these are people with a higher than normal IQ who learn differently from the average student. So the special classes you refer to would likely be time spent with a LD teacher or possibly peer tutoring.
These are federally mandated laws that protect the rights of students who learn differently and not a free pass. There are many young men suiting up for football games in D1 programs who probably wouldn't pass your test. Fwiw, I believe he's guilty but I see no special treatment due to his educational prowess, his race, or leniency in traffic court. Most cities want the fines and pleading down is not unusual. Personally, I hope he's charged for Morgan and Hannah.

This is not a divorce hearing, personal injury or civil rights case where emotion is going to 'hold sway.'

This is a case where a living victim, testimonies of witnesses, photos of brutal vicious harm, and Jesse Matthew's own DNA will be the deciding factors for a jury.

From what I have read about Mr. Camblos, he's not as good as he (or you) thinks he is. Moreover, as CA, his idea of justice was distorted and uneven. He dished out or withheld justice by his own will, not the intent and letter of the law.

He's out of his league in this case. There will be no games or shenanigans tolerated by this judge.

Moreover, this is Virginia, with very strict standards for insanity defense and there is a vast array of stellar unimpeachable experts from the Academy Group and the active members of national law enforcement within easy reach.

Whatever Camblos might try to present by way of defense, there is a mega-ton smack-down near at hand. The evidence is heavy and compelling on the side of the law this time around. The prosecution has a royal flush with aces in the hole. They are well-trained, competent and not likely to play their hand badly causing a mis-trial.

The case is old, the victim relatively unknown and Fairfax is large. This case not likely to have the community notoriety that the Graham and Harrington cases would have in Charlottesville. So a change of venue and other sorts of defense plays are not going to work.

Jesse Matthew's name and family, PC, affirmative action and the influence of his protectors won't affect the outcome of this case.

Jesse Matthew has used up all his excuses, and his second and third chances. He has cooked his own goose. It's time for truth and consequences.

LINKS
http://rule-303.blogspot.com/2007/11/victory-over-camblos.html
http://www.readthehook.com/76703/pac-emerges8230-and-endorses-lunsford
http://www.readthehook.com/81444/news-anatomy-upset-voters-yank-camblos-choose-lunsford
http://www.academy-group.com/

I'm not defending Camblos, I think its foolish to slander him for representing JM .? I I don't think affirmative action got anyone off certain things in Jm prior cases, beating traffic court is a cake walk, beating trespassing is a cake walk for a lawyer of his caliber. Not hard to get the client to pay the fine and call it a day.

Camblos is not going do anything in the Fairfax case but sit and watch gather information find and the angle Le is using and on his client. He is a student of the trade. Also sway has a lot of things to do in all cases. He is good at it, he know to do it. He is going build that very early,.

Camblo's is a very very good lawyer. One of the Best lawyer's in that area of Northern Virginia and Virginia. A modern legend if you will . He was not a defense attorney type of guy but guy who use put criminal's in jail, his record is flawless with that. Defense is his not trademark, he is a offensive mind. When I say family lawyer, I don't mean cival courts( divorce), I mean he is a family 1st person, he defends the community and always has.

Why did he take the JM case I'm not 100% sure on why. Like I said before, I think he is too close to his client. Camblos has said nothing bad on Hannah Graham family or any person's in these cases. Unlike the other lawyer for Randy Taylor who said "he doesn't want to know". Camblo is not like that. He do care to know and will get it right. I'm not defending Jm actions or his lawyer here of representing him. I'm stating why bash him ? Wouldn't you want the best lawyer representing you in murder case and all cases. I understand ethic and honor.. This is why I repeat my stance "I think he is too close to his client."

I'm not defending Camblos, I think its foolish to slander him for representing JM .? I I don't think affirmative action got anyone off certain things in Jm prior cases, beating traffic court is a cake walk, beating trespassing is a cake walk for a lawyer of his caliber. Not hard to get the client to pay the fine and call it a day.

Camblos is not going do anything in the Fairfax case but sit and watch gather information find and the angle Le is using and on his client. He is a student of the trade. Also sway has a lot of things to do in all cases. He is good at it, he know to do it. He is going build that very early,.

Camblo's is a very very good lawyer. One of the Best lawyer's in that area of Northern Virginia and Virginia. A modern legend if you will . He was not a defense attorney type of guy but guy who use put criminal's in jail, his record is flawless with that. Defense is his not trademark, he is a offensive mind. When I say family lawyer, I don't mean cival courts( divorce), I mean he is a family 1st person, he defends the community and always has.

Why did he take the JM case I'm not 100% sure on why. Like I said before, I think he is too close to his client. Camblos has said nothing bad on Hannah Graham family or any person's in these cases. Unlike the other lawyer for Randy Taylor who said "he doesn't want to know". Camblo is not like that. He do care to know and will get it right. I'm not defending Jm actions or his lawyer here of representing him. I'm stating why bash him ? Wouldn't you want the best lawyer representing you in murder case and all cases. I understand ethic and honor.. This is why I repeat my stance "I think he is too close to his client."

One of the best in Northern Virginia? Can you site that please? His entire career has been in Albemarle and Waynesboro to my knowledge. And if you watched the way the judge set him straight on the way things are done "up here" it would be quite obvious that he either doesn't know or doesn't care about Fairfax proceedings.

I 100% agree with Solvol. I'm a long time Fairfax County resident and ONLY following this case because I am also a UVA alum. Just because Camblos was hot stuff in central VA doesn't mean anything up here. He's just another small fish in a very large pond in NoVA. I'm sure that's going to be a very hard pill to swallow.

Referring to:

I think you bring up some good points SolVol. Although there are a few I disagree with.

Just b/c you take special classes (i.e. special ed) does not mean you don't- or shouldn't- graduate with a "regular high school diploma". The high school diploma is not only for those in certain level academics. Individual learning differences are taken into account and that's why groups are split up into the remedial, average, and then advanced classes. It attempts to level the playing field and high school diplomas are given to all who pass their own courses. If JM did his work in high school and completed the requirements of his courses then he deserves a h.s. diploma. IMO.

Also, and I think someone else has said this recently, acceptance into LU and/or CNU likely had nothing to do with his academics- not because he was being coddled by some "supporter"- but b/c it's well-established that universities lower their academic expectations if a star athlete is involved. My personal belief is that it was his football status that got him into Liberty and that then got him into CNU. I think that was a function of the collegiate athletic system (good or bad I'm not debating here), and that is highly expected IMO. Now, I do agree that this contributed to him continuing to "pass on through", like he has apparently done so many times in his life. I just don't think it is somehow related to him as a specific individual being singled out and coddled.

Oldwindow, please read some of the articles linked above about why Camblos lost the 2007 election for CA. His record is NOT flawless for putting criminals in jail. Not by a long shot.

Here's one excerpt from one link:

"In June of 1998 there was a terrible car accident on Route 29. Louis Deane and her young granddaughters, Renee and Cheyanne, were killed when 19-year-old UVa student Sarah Roth lost control of her car. Roth skidded 503 feet before colliding with Deane’s car and knocking it clear across the grassy median. She pushed the car for another 196 feet before the family’s car landed upside down in the northbound lane and was hit by another car. (See the police accident reconstruction form for details.) Roth blamed the accident on an insect in the car.

Camblos announced two weeks later that Roth would not be charged with anything - she didn’t receive so much as a traffic ticket, to say nothing of an involuntary manslaughter charge. Camblos said it was because it was only an accident, not rising to the level of a crime, but it was just a month ago that he charged a truck driver with involuntary manslaughter for killing a couple in a similar accident, making clear that accidents are not immune from prosecution."

"Edward and Angela Bourne were driving home to Buckingham County on Route 29 in June of 2005 when they found their car surrounded by six speeding vehicles. The cars forced them off the road, and Angela Bourne was attacked. Her husband defended her, only to be bludgeoned. She tried to help him, but another man restrained her. Eventually their attackers left them, and the couple had to be hospitalized for their injuries. Camblos refused to press charges. The reason, he said, was because the attackers were from Maryland, and extradition requires a felony. Camblos didn’t believe that forcing the Bournes’ car off the road and taking turns beating them qualified as anything more serious than a misdemeanor, apparently figuring that none of the occupants of those six cars would ever cross into Virginia again. The Bournes were angry and confused, and Edward Bourne expressed particular anger with Jim Camblos."

Good man at heart??? I do not believe this for a second. What good hearted, loving person wants to get a serial killer/rapist off with lesser sentencing? That's not justice, IMO.

I totally get that we need good defense attorneys for the system to work. But we don't need drfense attorneys who are more interested in their careers and their fame over the actual reality of what a criminal deserves.

The cases presented in that article floating around (I'll edit with link) show Camblos to be the opposite of good hearted.
I hope he gets thrown off this case.

New paper articles don't define anyone when come to everyday person. The guys is a solid Republican not many represent people of color period in court beyond put the in jail. I'm not trying to make it a race matter. But I see a lot are throwing that angle out and I want to be clear. His ethic are good ,he good person. My stance on this "I think he is too close to client"

I have seen worse than him in court in my life time. I have seen paid mob lawyers. The client couldn't pay the bill and was letting sleep with their wives. Camblos is not a bad guy or mob lawyer. I understand the hate, it not something I would do ( taking the case). But a lot will, for fame and fortune. I don't know, maybe the challenge . I just think ,he never lost with JM and wants to continue that. It's called a common client.

I think he is too close to him(jm) and I think the feds and the state will have him removed. I do think, Its that's going open a can of worms of rail road , even though Jm is guilty as sin in my book.

"Wouldn't you want the best lawyer representing you in a murder case?"

If I ever murder and/or rape someone, I won't deserve anyone defending me. Weird question.

I think you bring up some good points SolVol. Although there are a few I disagree with.

Just b/c you take special classes (i.e. special ed) does not mean you don't- or shouldn't- graduate with a "regular high school diploma". The high school diploma is not only for those in certain level academics. Individual learning differences are taken into account and that's why groups are split up into the remedial, average, and then advanced classes. It attempts to level the playing field and high school diplomas are given to all who pass their own courses. If JM did his work in high school and completed the requirements of his courses then he deserves a h.s. diploma. IMO.

Also, and I think someone else has said this recently, acceptance into LU and/or CNU likely had nothing to do with his academics- not because he was being coddled by some "supporter"- but b/c it's well-established that universities lower their academic expectations if a star athlete is involved. My personal belief is that it was his football status that got him into Liberty and that then got him into CNU. I think that was a function of the collegiate athletic system (good or bad I'm not debating here), and that is highly expected IMO. Now, I do agree that this contributed to him continuing to "pass on through", like he has apparently done so many times in his life. I just don't think it is somehow related to him as a specific individual being singled out and coddled.

SolVol: We also now have "Leave No Child Behind" and it means just that - everyone graduates, on time. No child is left behind. Doesn't mean they receive an adequate education, but they are not held back much less do they not graduate. There are "advanced studies" diplomas available in most Virginia public schools including MHS, from where he graduated. There is also a "modified standard diploma" for those with disabilities, but I don't think we have any evidence that he received one kind of diploma versus any other kind. There are also "standard (and advanced) technical diplomas," which he might have earned. http://www2.k12albemarle.org/Documents/High-School-Program-Guide-2009-10.pdf

Too, there is no evidence he was given money by any major healthcare facility that he then defaulted on such that they sued him. Why, in the first place, would they do such a thing?

The only thing that makes sense is that those suits and then garnishments were for his own personal unpaid medical bills. Unfortunately, because of HIPPA, we'll never know that at least until trial. But I think the thought that those suits/debts were anything else is a dead end. You're simply barking up the wrong tree with other thoughts.

Also, you still confuse Martha Jefferson HOUSE with Martha Jefferson HOSPITAL. Martha Jefferson HOUSE is a nonprofit retirement facility where he worked and from where his wages were garnished. Martha Jefferson HOSPITAL is a community hospital, which sued him. www.marthajeffersonhouse.org versus www.marthajefferson.org

Oldwindow, please read some of the articles linked above about why Camblos lost the 2007 election for CA. His record is NOT flawless for putting criminals in jail. Not by a long shot.

Here's one excerpt from one link:

"In June of 1998 there was a terrible car accident on Route 29. Louis Deane and her young granddaughters, Renee and Cheyanne, were killed when 19-year-old UVa student Sarah Roth lost control of her car. Roth skidded 503 feet before colliding with Deane’s car and knocking it clear across the grassy median. She pushed the car for another 196 feet before the family’s car landed upside down in the northbound lane and was hit by another car. (See the police accident reconstruction form for details.) Roth blamed the accident on an insect in the car.

Camblos announced two weeks later that Roth would not be charged with anything - she didn’t receive so much as a traffic ticket, to say nothing of an involuntary manslaughter charge. Camblos said it was because it was only an accident, not rising to the level of a crime, but it was just a month ago that he charged a truck driver with involuntary manslaughter for killing a couple in a similar accident, making clear that accidents are not immune from prosecution."

"Edward and Angela Bourne were driving home to Buckingham County on Route 29 in June of 2005 when they found their car surrounded by six speeding vehicles. The cars forced them off the road, and Angela Bourne was attacked. Her husband defended her, only to be bludgeoned. She tried to help him, but another man restrained her. Eventually their attackers left them, and the couple had to be hospitalized for their injuries. Camblos refused to press charges. The reason, he said, was because the attackers were from Maryland, and extradition requires a felony. Camblos didn’t believe that forcing the Bournes’ car off the road and taking turns beating them qualified as anything more serious than a misdemeanor, apparently figuring that none of the occupants of those six cars would ever cross into Virginia again. The Bournes were angry and confused, and Edward Bourne expressed particular anger with Jim Camblos."

Not to be rude But he is right in a way. As wrong as it sounds and the case looks out right. To me that's attempted murder and planned attempt to do harm assault, a felony in my book. Wreckless driving is a misdemeanor, minor assault is a misdemeanor, not saying these actions where in the case above. Ok . In small he didn't want that case ,to much work in findng the guys and if did he had to do a lot of work going across the county lines and state lines is hell and differ rules and guidelines.. Maybe it came down to payment and work load.. I don't know.

Sound like he just told them that because, he didn't want the case. Not that I agree with his judgements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member