JLM Charged in 2005 Farifax Rape Case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question:

Do we know why JM happened to be in Fairfax, VA, that night in late September 2005, when the young woman was attacked? It is quite a distance from Charlottesville!

Did he have an address in that area at that time? If so, why? Was he in college? Did he have a job? Etc.

Please forgive me if this info has been available and I have somehow missed it. I've been focused on the WS threads dealing with the search for Hannah. . . .

TIA

I would go back and reference a great post by "shutterbug", which outlines his football schedule. That's my first thought. I am new here so not sure how to find it, but if I can, I'll quote it back here. I think LE used some of the information she posted here, which was a really good timeline. Shutterbug... if you're there can you repost the amazing timeline you did please? Thank you!

Question:

Do we know why JM happened to be in Fairfax, VA, that night in late September 2005, when the young woman was attacked? It is quite a distance from Charlottesville!

Did he have an address in that area at that time? If so, why? Was he in college? Did he have a job? Etc.

Please forgive me if this info has been available and I have somehow missed it. I've been focused on the WS threads dealing with the search for Hannah. . . .

TIA

The victim, RG, was able to describe JLM Jr because when she was walking home he started talking to her. She felt it was weird and she kept walking toward her home. He told her he was waiting for a friend. Within a short period of time he grabbed/attacked her, picked her up and tried to strangle and rape her after pulling her into a darker area.

I believe he was their waiting for a friend...So, either staying up there or visiting a friend or visiting the area with a friend. JMO, of course.

An article on the DNA, dated April 12, 2011

http://patch.com/virginia/fairfaxci...a-fairfax-rape-and-mor84c9a34d12#.VEWiI2ddWSo

Can a Family Member's DNA Solve a Fairfax Rape and Morgan Harrington's Murder?
Police can now search for related DNA in state and national databases.

"...Spooked, the suspect fled, leaving behind crucial DNA evidence in the blood and skin under his victim's fingernails."

"...If a familial match is found, police could go from looking for a 25-35 year-old man, six feet tall, of medium build with black hair, beard and mustache to a much more narrowed down pool of suspects."

I don't know the history of all of these missing cases, but I would be hesitant to list Bethany Decker on this list. They have or had a POI in mind on that one, who continues to have trouble with violence and drunken outbursts.

Question:

TIA

I've been wondering today if that's part of the evidence they have...that he was known to be in Fairfax that night.

Question:

TIA

I'd be curious to know if he had any friends/connections at George Mason University at the time.

I'd be curious to know if he had any friends/connections at George Mason University at the time.
His wanted poster said he has contacts in DC, MR , and PA. Fairfax is close/en route.

God bless this poor woman. She will have to re-live her terrifying horrific experience in court. It could help her comes to terms with it and bury the past or it could open up a new can of worms for her and cause flash backs PTSD symptoms etc... I feel so bad for this woman. How brave of her. She is an inspiration and I hope all of what has happened will encourage more victims not just of JLM but all victims of this sort of crime to come forward. It takes a lot of courage.

Also I do not think a person walked by and scared JM away. Wouldn't this person then help the girl? Instead it says the girl regained consciousness and her attacker was gone so she walked to the nearest condo for help.

apparently he literally just walked by on the sidewalk and didn't even see the assault going on but it was enough to spook LJ. (this is what i remember from reading about it so sorry if I have any details wrong)

So this is what it feels like when justice begins to take hold, relieved and grateful... May all the families hurt by this aberration feel more of it in the times ahead.

Love this post.

I like the prosecutor; calm, professional, no nonsense. I can only imagine how this victim must feel in light of MH and HA.

Can you imagine? So lucky to be alive.

The most in depth-reporting on the Fairfax rape case that I've read to date. Learned lots of new details.

http://www.readthehook.com/67132/morgans-killer-fairfax-case-connection-offers-hope-fresh-fear

Thank you very much. Lots of info. So he was attempting to kill her when surprised, so he fled. What a !@%$^&!*&^$. I feel a lot of anger boiling up at the gall of this monster and how he felt entitled to rape an murder innocent women.

Yeah. But 20 years ago... :( Even now, the less fortunate don't always have the ability or means to figure that out.

Well I don't think they were tin shack poor, but ok, maybe they didn't have internet back then. Still, they live near a teaching hospital, that would be a great place to start.

WS'ers were already sleuthing this angle correct? This is why it's so familiar to me? All that's new is the actual charges?

Article on today's events concerning JM. I found this paragraph of interest:

For nearly five years, that case yielded no leads until DNA from the same unidentified assailant was discovered on the T-shirt worn by Morgan Harrington on the night she disappeared. The shirt was found by a UVA student spread on a bush in early November 2009, just a few weeks after Harrington vanished after leaving a Metallica concert at the John Paul Jones Arena on October 17 of that year.

http://www.c-ville.com/accused-hannah-graham-abductor-indicted-fairfax-sexual-assault/#.VEWrLyh1NSU

I have followed Courteney Stuart's reporting from The Hook to the present c-ville. I find her to be one of the best. I don't know if she is correct concerning the forensic link being found on the shirt. Obviously, this has been discussed to death on other threads.

I have to confess that at first I thought the speed with which everyone came to the conclusion that he was a serial killer and a rapist was alarming and I thought there was a chance he wasn't guilty of anything but hitting on a college girl. Boy was I wrong. :bananalama:

Anyhooo... I'm onboard. I wonder if JM is actually responsible for any the crimes that are attributed to this guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Coast_Rapist

Part of what made many of us convinced he was a likely predator and guilty was his conduct and the actions of LE. It's one we can file away in our memory banks when looking at other cases, I think.

I've been wondering today if that's part of the evidence they have...that he was known to be in Fairfax that night.
I was even wondering if he may have been registered at the hotel on the corner of Rt 50 and Jermantowne Rd or one of the other motels in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth