JLM Charged in Morgan Harrington murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Regents to mull requiring transcript notations when students are expelled for sexual assault
KU, K-State already do so but other state schools don’t
By Sara Shepherd, Lawrence Journal-World

December 14, 2015

"Those arguing for nonacademic transcript notations often cite the case of Jesse Matthew Jr., who was accused of sexual assault as a student athlete at two Virginia colleges, leaving both following the allegations. He’s since been convicted of sexually assaulting a Fairfax, Va., woman and is currently facing trials in the murders of Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington and University of Virginia student Hannah Graham."

Docs for Morgan
The Roanoker

Longtime Charlottesville police chief, Timothy Longo, announces retirement
By T. Rees Shapiro, The Washington Post

November 23

Screenshot 2015-12-14 at 9.17.27 PM.jpg

“Chief Longo’s vision and leadership will be profoundly missed,” City Manager Maurice Jones said in a statement. “The chief and his staff have built an exceptional department dedicated to protecting our residents, businesses and visitors. He has skillfully led our police department through very difficult times and has always been an excellent ambassador for our City. His brand of relational policing will be an important part of his legacy.”

Laura French
‏@lfrenchnews
#JUST IN: @AlbemarleCounty CA subpoenas 5 people in #JesseMatthew #MorganHarrington murder trial in October. @CBS6

User Actions
Following

Laura French
‏@lfrenchnews
CONT: 4 people from Va Dept of Forensic Science & ME who performed Harrington's autopsy subpoenaed for October trial. @CBS6

Laura French ‏@lfrenchnews 9m9 minutes ago
#BREAKING: #JesseMatthew plea talks have been in the works for weeks. Goal was to provide "global resolution" to both cases. @CBS6

Laura French ‏@lfrenchnews 10m10 minutes ago
#BREAKING: #MorganHarrington & #HannahGraham's parents fully support plea agreement. @CBS6

Laura French ‏@lfrenchnews 12m12 minutes ago
#BREAKING: sources say #JesseMatthew will be spared life but will never be a threat to community. @CBS6

Laura French ‏@lfrenchnews 13m13 minutes ago
#BREAKING: Families of #MorganHarrington & #HannahGraham will give victim impact statements Wednesday. @CBS6

Laura French ‏@lfrenchnews 38m38 minutes ago
#BREAKING: #JesseMatthew is scheduled to enter a plea for the murders of #HannahGraham & #MorganHarrington Wednesday to resolve cases @CBS6

Great news, is this the best thread to follow the case from now on?

:bombshell:

Laura French ‏@lfrenchnews 9m9 minutes ago
#BREAKING: #JesseMatthew plea talks have been in the works for weeks. Goal was to provide "global resolution" to both cases. @CBS6

Laura French ‏@lfrenchnews 10m10 minutes ago
#BREAKING: #MorganHarrington & #HannahGraham's parents fully support plea agreement. @CBS6

Laura French ‏@lfrenchnews 12m12 minutes ago
#BREAKING: sources say #JesseMatthew will be spared life but will never be a threat to community. @CBS6

Laura French ‏@lfrenchnews 13m13 minutes ago
#BREAKING: Families of #MorganHarrington & #HannahGraham will give victim impact statements Wednesday. @CBS6

Laura French ‏@lfrenchnews 38m38 minutes ago
#BREAKING: #JesseMatthew is scheduled to enter a plea for the murders of #HannahGraham & #MorganHarrington Wednesday to resolve cases @CBS6

:bombshell:

Peace and healing prayers for the families.

These facts are so interesting-I followed both the Morgan H. and Hannah G. cases so closely back when they disappeared -the Pantera T-shirt really was the clinching piece of evidence! Back then didn't we all believe they got a "cold hit" on some DNA when they found Morgan's remains? I also remember when they found that T Shirt there was a big "gag order" type clamp down here on websleuths -we weren't supposed to be talking about it even though the info. had leaked out. Also..the taxi element was obviously way more important than us amateur detectives realized at the time-I remember one or two speculative mentions of a possible taxi but not a focus.Both of these two girls were just so much in the wrong place at the wrong time Thank God JM is locked up for good.

The witness who rode in JLM's cab and saw Morgan when exiting...how awful to remember that! ***SHIVERS***

I agree-I also wonder did that witness come forward early on, or did LE somehow start looking for taxi patrons from that night after they zeroed in on JM? That Tshirt placement on the bushes was JM's real undoing here-why do you think he did that? At the time it seemed like a diversion,throwing suspicion onto people living near that building-he didn't realize the DNA on the shirt would incriminate him eventually.If he had destroyed that Pantera shirt the case would have been much weaker.

I agree-I also wonder did that witness come forward early on, or did LE somehow start looking for taxi patrons from that night after they zeroed in on JM? That Tshirt placement on the bushes was JM's real undoing here-why do you think he did that? At the time it seemed like a diversion,throwing suspicion onto people living near that building-he didn't realize the DNA on the shirt would incriminate him eventually.If he had destroyed that Pantera shirt the case would have been much weaker.

Maybe it wasn't him who put it there? Maybe someone close to him who suspected? idk, just a thought

I am so confused about the taxi. When did those witnesses come forward? Were the cops looking for taxi drivers the whole time but didn't find JM?

I am so confused about the taxi. When did those witnesses come forward? Were the cops looking for taxi drivers the whole time but didn't find JM?

I'm just guessing about things like most everyone here- but I do not think they were focusing on taxis early on-my opinion is that after the Hanna Graham case when they zeroed in on JM then they realized the taxi angle. I did follow both cases and when MH was missing and everyone was theorizing like mad I remember a couple comments like "well maybe she just hopped into a taxi" just as pure speculation.But I must also say there was an alleged sighting of Morgan on the bridge beside a van too-was JM's taxi a van? In general there was no discussion back then about a taxi.

I'm just guessing about things like most everyone here- but I do not think they were focusing on taxis early on-my opinion is that after the Hanna Graham case when they zeroed in on JM then they realized the taxi angle. I did follow both cases and when MH was missing and everyone was theorizing like mad I remember a couple comments like "well maybe she just hopped into a taxi" just as pure speculation.But I must also say there was an alleged sighting of Morgan on the bridge beside a van too-was JM's taxi a van? In general there was no discussion back then about a taxi.

That's what I thought too at first. But, after rereading.... It seems like the girl that saw Morgan really remembered the shirt because she commented to her about it. I would think that the girl would've contacted LE right away....I mean talk about that shirt was all over the media at the time.

I am a longtime lurker and def remember the discussion of taxis here, but I'm just thinking ... This means the people who saw her and claim they remember the shirt, never saw a Missing Morgan poster and reported what they saw?

I get that knowing JM is a predator caused them to look for a more specific connection, but the statement of facts make it seem like the witnesses to Morgan getting into the taxi we're 100% sure it was her and with all the press that MH got and the shirt specifically, I am just still left wondering what happened here.

That's what I thought too at first. But, after rereading.... It seems like the girl that saw Morgan really remembered the shirt because she commented to her about it. I would think that the girl would've contacted LE right away....I mean talk about that shirt was all over the media at the time.

exactly.

I am a longtime lurker and def remember the discussion of taxis here, but I'm just thinking ... This means the people who saw her and claim they remember the shirt, never saw a Missing Morgan poster and reported what they saw?

I get that knowing JM is a predator caused them to look for a more specific connection, but the statement of facts make it seem like the witnesses to Morgan getting into the taxi we're 100% sure it was her and with all the press that MH got and the shirt specifically, I am just still left wondering what happened here.

It's possible that they reported it but LE never made it public.

It's possible that they reported it but LE never made it public.

I think thats probably true and it makes me realize how much we (as amateur web detectives) don't really know about any investigation-maybe the taxi angle was LE's "secret information". Also at that time we (the public) were not informed about the gold mine of evidence on that tshirt, there wasn't even a big official announcement that it was for sure MH's shirt right away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip
Back