JLM *GUILTY* in 2005 Fairfax County Rape Case #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Welcome back, zapped.

Glad you're standing again and here :)

Thank you! Is good to be back and see the wheels of justice are turning albeit slowly in this case. Less chance for mistakes that way.

Zapped!! So good to see you back!
Remember the Tempo thread and your valiant attempt to go and find the hidden cameras and how they managed the receipt times?
It's nice to see everyone back here for the outcome of the case.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Hannah's family.

Henry Graff ‏@HenryGraff 16s17 seconds ago Virginia, USA
JUST IN: Judge DENIES motion to delay #JesseMatthew #Fairfax trial. Still set to start June 8. Defense not happy. Via @David_Culver

https://twitter.com/HenryGraff

I am actually surprised it wasn't granted, since we're kind of used to delays after delays in many cases here at WS. But the judge made the point that the defense had all the discovery when the June date was set.

Public defender Dawn Butorac had said her client’s constitutional rights were being “obliterated,” because she didn’t have sufficient time to process DNA analyses, which were provided recently.

After Schell’s ruling, Butorac told the judge “this case is coming back,” on appeal. The judge did not respond to Butorac’s statement.

http://wtop.com/fairfax-county/2015/05/fairfax-judge-denies-delay-for-jesse-matthew-trial/

I am sure his public defender has other cases to take care of besides his. They should have granted the delay.

I hate to even post this, but the court has uploaded the latest motion from the defense to suppress possible ID by the victim. Unfortunately, they include the victim's name and other identifying information. Not good!!

I hate to even post this, but the court has uploaded the latest motion from the defense to suppress possible ID by the victim. Unfortunately, they include the victim's name and other identifying information. Not good!!

I'm afraid this is a tactic by the defense to hopefully get the victim to back out and not testify. I am sure she is terrified as is, but now they have publicly identified her and that may throw her over the edge. I hope media outlets do not take the bait and publish this, in respect for her and for the integrity of the case. They could have easily referred to her by her initials. I'm pretty angry over this.

ETA: and thank you, Hoosgirl, for not posting the direct link.

I'm afraid this is a tactic by the defense to hopefully get the victim to back out and not testify. I am sure she is terrified as is, but now they have publicly identified her and that may throw her over the edge. I hope media outlets do not take the bait and publish this, in respect for her and for the integrity of the case. They could have easily referred to her by her initials. I'm pretty angry over this.

I hope you have underestimated the resilience of this woman. She has had the benefit of many years to process this and move forward in her life. She showed a great deal of strength in those early days (from reports and MOO) and I pray she continues to show those qualities.

MOO - Looking forward to the trial(s).

I agree 100% and I hope she will not be intimidated. She's waited a long, long time for justice.

You're classy, Hoosgirl. Thanking you with klily4 too.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett
Back