JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. . .it's kind of mixed emotions, huh? I am sooo happy that they likely have caught a serial killer that has been terrorizing the area for years, but very sad about the implications for Hannah. JM is a sadistic, brutally violent killer. Ugh! :(

On a completely selfish note, I'm glad I will not have to eat my keyboard now.

Oh my damn. I just saw the news. My heart aches for Hannah's family... the knowledge this brings them. I'm glad that piece of garbage is off the streets but I wish it hadn't come at Hannah's expense. I hope Morgan's family finds some closure in this, although I'm sure right now they feel so bad.

I wonder if there are any other victims of his.

According to the Disappeared episode on MH, the only DNA found on the Pantera t-shirt was DNA to prove it was MH. The DNA that was found and linked to the Fairfax rape was found on the body.

Thanks for this! That's what I remember, too.

Most likely the DNA from MH's remains and clothing. Also, as I recall, the Swarovski necklace Morgan was wearing the night she disappeared was never recovered. A photo of it was widely circulated for the citizens of Charlottesville--to report it-- in case they saw it. Perhaps this necklace was found in JM's apartment or car? http://ww2.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/275685

Good link here.

Well, I was one of the few who, in the beginning, was hesitant about JM's involvement (that was before details were released for the rape allegation, being caught in Texas etc). Yikes. I am completely blown away by the MH connection now. For some reason I always thought that someone who is a serial rapist/killer has to be at least somewhat smart to get away with it.. he got away with MH murder for so many years! He does seem a little slow from what we've seen so far.

May MH's parents find peace and may Hannah be recovered soon.

Well, I was one of the few who, in the beginning, was hesitant about JM's involvement (that was before details were released for the rape allegation, being caught in Texas etc). Yikes. I am completely blown away by the MH connection now. For some reason I always thought that someone who is a serial rapist/killer has to be at least somewhat smart to get away with it.. he got away with MH murder for so many years! He does seem a little slow from what we've seen so far.

May MH's parents find peace and may Hannah be recovered soon.

same here....

Hi Websleuthers. Total newbie here (longtime lurker). First I want to say that y'all are so dang smart...there have been so, so many posts in this case where I am blown away by the insight and ideas that websleuthers have. The MH case originally drew me to this site...I was completely obsessed. When Hannah was reported missing, I knew where I would would go to find "my sleuthing people".

My heart is just breaking for both the Harrington and Graham families. Words can't describe what they must be going through.

Here's my newbie gut feeling about something related to both MH and HG. When Chief Longo had the conference where he described what to be on the lookout for while searching for Hannah, he appropriately mentioned her clothing, iPhone, and later her shoes. Made sense. But it also got me to thinking...what about that big, easily noticed watch/bracelet on her arm in the closed circuit camera photo from the hallway? I thought why would he neglect to mention something so obvious, he certainly doesn't seem to be a man who overlooks the obvious. I listened to the conference twice and thought...odd. Very odd. No mention of jewelry. But I forgot about it in the ongoing barrage of information, conferences, arrest, etc.

On Sunday, I went back to the FBI site for MH, was clicking around, and clicked on that huge photo of Morgan's missing necklace. I said, how strange, the necklace is missing, it's clearly a link, it's made out of links, crystal links, watches have links...(you know how your mind wanders on these things). Hmmm....and then my mind snapped right back to Hannah. What about her watch/bracelet? Clearly that's a MAJOR personal item, but again - never mentioned by Longo. Shouldn't people be looking for that watch/bracelet? Then I thought...what if this guy had both of these pieces of jewelry? What if that's something that LE found right off of the bat, so they didn't mention it? Sure would be helpful in getting charges brought if they located both of those items, together...JMO. Today's news says there is true DNA matching going on, so the jewelry angle isn't as important...but I sure did think it was odd at the time, especially since serial murderers/rapists like their "trophies" and would be likely to keep such items.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I thought I'd bring it up just in case!

So true. We talked about this some threads back! LE had to find something probably in his car?

Also MH crystal necklace was missing also and her camera. Souvenirs?

I remember there was some talk about JM having a long time girlfriend. I wonder if she will come forward with any info that might shed some light on how JM treated her. I remember reading The Stranger Beside Me (re: Ted Bundy) and how his girlfriend said he used to make her act out some weird fantasies (ie. wanted her to pretend she was dead during sexual intercourse).

I've been on here wondering what to say, I feel really sick to the stomach and relieved at the same time as I know many of us are.
All these years we didn't know who was responsible for Morgan's brutal death and now in all likelihood he has taken poor Hannah's life, and he is finally behind bars, so many emotions.

I'm thinking that LE should re-release photos of Hannah Graham's jewelry she was wearing that night (if any), along with jewelry that Morgan Harrington was wearing.

Oh my damn. I just saw the news. My heart aches for Hannah's family... the knowledge this brings them. I'm glad that piece of garbage is off the streets but I wish it hadn't come at Hannah's expense. I hope Morgan's family finds some closure in this, although I'm sure right now they feel so bad.

I wonder if there are any other victims of his.
with this latest discovery I wouldn't be surprised if Matthews has more victims.....

I remember there was some talk about JM having a long time girlfriend. I wonder if she will come forward with any info that might shed some light on on JM treated her. I remember reading The Stranger Beside Me (re: Ted Bundy) and how his girlfriend said he used to make her act out some weird fantasies (ie. wanted her to pretend she was dead during sexual intercourse).

It doesn't make a difference at this point once the DNA evidence is presented. The question is"How many more victims are out there "?

I'm not sure where to put this. I'm sure a lot of you have thought of this, but please keep Hannah's parents in your prayers if you pray. They may have known this awhile, but I'd imagine this is devastating for them. I know I'm swinging back and forth between delight a single person is connected to these crimes (as opposed to several out there!) and an enormous amount of pity for the Grahams. Not only do they now know she's probably dead, but based on MH, she probably died very violently. I'll say again, I pray HG was totally out of it on some drug JM gave her.
Agree. My heart hurts so for the Grahams. One can tell from their actions-dropping in to thank people they are really good folk. I pray for them as well. This is just devastating. Thankfully he is off the streets.

I'm off to read the other possible victims thread because after this revelation I won't be surprised if there are others.

The suffering this monster has caused so many people just boggles my mind. How can someone be this evil.

I'm new here, have been lurking for a while. I don't know a darned thing about this sort of thing so of course will bow to the experts..I just keep thinking how incredibly "ballsy" it is of JLM to remain in the same area and perpetrate another crime of the same nature! Obviously I don't think like a serial killer, but wouldn't you think he'd move, be more afraid of getting caught? It just boggles my mind.

As a mother of three young adult daughters, this story just chills me to the bone.

Morgan Harrington's mother said it perfectly, IMO:

http://www.nbc29.com/story/19847590/3-year-anniversary-of-morgan-harrington-disappearance

Morgan's mother, Gil Harrington, stated, "Animals stay close to their lair. They stay where they're comfortable and they stay where there's easy hunting at hand."

Was it ever confirmed that Morgan's bones were broken prior to her death? It's a sickening thought, but if her bones were broken post-mortem (which I sincerely hope was the case, for Morgan and her family), JLM could have fit her into something that allowed him to carry 120 pounds more compactly adn easily. I don't know the MH case in depth, but it crossed my mind. :(

I have never seen where LE has confirmed that her bones were broken perimortem, but her family has stated numerous times that they were. Here's one report:

http://noisecreep.com/murdered-metallica-fan-morgan-harringtons-bones-brok/

According to reports, when Morgan’s remains were found, it was clear her bones had been shattered and broken. “This Charlottesville man hurt Morgan Harrington enough to break her bones before he murdered her. I cannot get the image of Morgan’s shattered bones out of my mind, nor the jagged feel of the fractures on my fingers,” said Gil, her mother.

FWIW, with the reports we have seen about JM "throwing" women over his shoulder (I picture this as a sort of fireman's carry, basically), I don't think it's too far fetched to think that he likely carried Morgan out to the field similarly. If not, there are many ways it could have happened. Heck, he could have dragged her, and I'm sorry to be so blunt :( that would account for some of the damage to her body...

BBM. I'm bumping my question from last night b/c today's news has buried it, but does anyone know the specifics of this party house? Was it a UVa party house? Just a local hangout? Anyone? tia...

along the same lines has this ever been confirmed from a decent source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper