JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dumb question, but is there a possibility she is still alive somewhere and that he just won't tell LE because he's to arrogant? I know it's slim but I hope so...

That is such a nice thought, and I really wish it could be true. Unfortunately, I think the odds are pretty slim to none at this point.

JM beat's, rapes and chokes women to death. In the 2005 Fairfax sexual assault the girl was beat and choked unconscious and would have been choked to death if it wasn't for someone walking by. I saw in an interview MH's mother saying that based on the bones recovered MH had been brutally beat.

Has LE ever said anything about the condition of Morgan's bones? Just wondering...I know what her parents have said.

I wonder if the saw something belonging to MH in his car that prompted a further warrant?

Either way, it seems the streets are a safer place now....

My impression from the original press release about the car warrant, was that they found out something while serving the original warrant, but before they had actually examined the car. I got the idea it could have been witness testimony from a neighbor, etc. FYI, I also think that I heard that the search warrant for JM's apartment included all of the units in his building (there are 4 units in each building) not just the apartment that he lived in. If that is the case, it sounds more like somebody seeing something, rather than evidence in the car.

At a later press conferences, I am under the impression that they have forensic evidence from the car that indicates HG was in fact in the car.

Forensic evidence links Hannah Graham suspect to murdered VT student Morgan Harrington
Posted 12:18 pm, September 29, 2014, by Web Staff, Updated at 12:27pm, September 29, 2014

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. — The man suspected of abducting 18-year-old Hannah Graham from Charlottesville, Va., earlier this month is forensically linked to the 2009 disappearance of 20-year-old Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington, WTVR exclusively reported.

It is being reported that sources close to the investigation told WTVR that forensic evidence belonging to Jesse Matthew Jr., matched forensic evidence collected during the Harrington investigation.

The sources told WTVR that forensic evidence showed Harrington had some sort of contact with Matthew the night she disappeared outside John Paul Jones arena on Oct. 17, 2009.

Has there been a presser announced for later today? Please let it be so...

I supposed it's too early to speculated on the nature of the "forensic evidence" but do you think that LE would have specified if it was "DNA" as opposed to something less specific (and less incriminating) such as "fiber" or "soil" etc.

Just musing because I hope the link is strong so we (and the good people of Charlottesville) rest easier knowing there is one less perp out there...

I think that they like many knew it was a good possibility from that outset cases where just so so similar. They got his DNA for the HG case once they have it they do not need an additional warrant to compare it to old cases.

ok but I think you misunderstood me. I was referring to the warrant to search his apartment. The got it after they saw the car but before they searched it.

I wonder if they found Morgan's necklace in his apartment.

jmo

Possibly. Killers do often take items belonging to the victim.

I think they matched him through DNA though.

WOW. Just wow.

So sad for Hannah's family and Morgan's family.

This is very expected yet shocking.

I think he is one sole predator who worked alone.

I totally agree! His size alone makes it easy for him to overpower any woman (and honestly, most men!). Add in his "gentle giant" (puke!) demeanor to those who knew him, and you have one scary dude! No telling how many victims there really are that haven't been found and had no video footage to link him to ... :(

Well, he seems to have a thing for "arena's" and Universities. I believe it is him.

The question I have now is: is it a good idea to assume that JM would return a 2nd time to the area that he is from. He was a cab driver for many years. There are many, many places in Northern Albemarle County that he could have stashed a body in, as well. And Northern Albemarle County would be a logical progression from his apartment on Barracks Rd (Hessian Hills.)

IDK but they say they like to go to places they are comfortable with even if it means traveling farther (fbi profiler said the in an article on MH that was linked in this thread) and I think he would go somewhere where he is comfortable not just from driving around but from actually being out of the car and walking back into the woods (fishing spots, camping etc.). I think its likely he had explored those woods south of c'ville on 29 extensively growing up. But, there easily could be other areas he had the same type of comfort with. In the end I think it usually is a decision made more of the emotional level of comfort than the logical.

One other thing is we don't know if he ever went to his house with her.

Honestly I'm shocked. I didn't think they were connected.

THIS IS HUGE! That also means that JLM is connected to that earlier rape (which was proven connected to MH's case). Is there anyway to get this out there to the sleuthers who maybe are reading the other threads? The one issue I have without a general discussion thread- it's hard to get breaking news out to everybody!

I hope that with this new evidence JLM feels compelled to share where Hannah is- he's going away for life (or worse) no matter what.

I'm actually happy for Morgan's family... they've been waiting for this for a very long time.

It's 12:39am here in Aus and just as I was getting ready to sleep... BOOM! Hope we get more info from LE or MH's family and get JM put away for good!

Has there been a presser announced for later today? Please let it be so...

I supposed it's too early to speculated on the nature of the "forensic evidence" but do you think that LE would have specified if it was "DNA" as opposed to something less specific (and less incriminating) such as "fiber" or "soil" etc.

Just musing because I hope the link is strong so we (and the good people of Charlottesville) rest easier knowing there is one less perp out there...

I think DNA came off MH t-shirt which was found on a bush in front of an apartment right down the street from where HG's apartment was. He either threw the shirt there to throw off cops or raped and killed MH right outside that apartment behind those bushes which is really ballsy. In the 2005 sexual assault the girl was grabbed from behind right off the street and taken into a backyard or something.

IIRC it seems there was something in the car when they came to serve the warrant. Something visible from the outside looking in.

Can someone rename this particular thread to add "DNA Match". I just want to see it in BIG Letters when I visit Hannah's forum.

Where is Hannah?

I am so sad for Hannah's family ... I totally and completely thought these cases were connected. Maybe they can now get him to say where he put Hannah and give her mom and dad some sense of peace.

I wonder how many other missing persons that he is connected to. I don't think this is over by any means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67