JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Evil is not a discrete entity that springs forth fully formed. It is born in the mind, takes root there as fantasy, and prospers when normal human restraint can no longer contain it.

This is why I don't think the LU (alleged) rape is the source of JM's pathology but rather evidence of it. I don't believe all the subsequent crimes are revenge motivated, although he may have gotten a sense of glee and satisfaction from that aspect. I think these urges have been with him a long, long time. It's common for serial killers to confess to having violent sexual fantasies from the time they were quite young.

Oh shoot, I missed Ottos map.

Here it is ... markers from Morgan's disappearance ... new ones from Hannah's disappearance.

Attachments

• HannahConnectingDots - Copy.jpg
    HannahConnectingDots - Copy.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 404
Gil Harrington interview discussing after she was informed of forensic link, my heart goes out to her, what an awesome person!

http://wavy.com/2014/09/29/full-interview-morgan-harringtons-mom-discusses-hannah-graham-case/

That interview is truly truly humbling. It's amazing that even with this development Gil is still firmly focused on LE finding Hannah. She wants the Graham's to get their little girl back. It moves me to tears to see what a selfless, giving person she is.

I'm going to hang it out there, and say - there are no coincidences, with regard to the details about this murder, rape and 'assault'.

I will also speculate that, if there are no murders prior to to rape or the assault, that we may be seeing how his aggressive behavior escalates, to the point of taking a woman's life.

I wonder if Morgan was the first murder. There were four years between the 2005 assault and Morgan, and five between Morgan and Hannah. Morgan and Hannah were high profile because they came from good families, had promising futures, were students, and had families that made sure the word got out. I wonder if there are others that slipped between the cracks as "runaways".

With the September/Fall connection, it actually makes a lot of sense even if we take football out of the equation. Summer - most students gone back home, campus more empty. Fall, especially early fall - students back, lots of partying at beginning of year b/c all students returning after long leave, weather nice. Winter - cold, snow. Spring - First part of spring can still be cold, even snowy. Then end of the year approaching, finals, students busy with exams. Then out of school again.

I am so conflicted on this, because their answers now make it an almost certainty that Hannah was very brutally murdered. I don't know how to feel, honestly, because I've had tenuous connections to both Morgan and Hannah (knew both by sight). I went to VT and worked on campus where every student wound up eventually, and have an Alexandria connection that I'd prefer not to specify.

This is what I expected, but still so, so shocking.

This also means two serial killers arrested in this area since the Spring. I live between Orange and Charlottesville, and this is just not a hopping area. So strange. I still think RAT is responsible for Alexis and Samantha, but now, who knows?

I completely agree ... brutally murdered. I've wondered whether Jesse waited for Hannah to come to (no longer incapacitated and needing help to walk) before he murdered her. I'm sure that she was injured the minute she was in his car. For Jesse, I think it's about brutality against women (based on Morgan's murder and condition of her remains).

If you google Derrick Todd Lee, you will also see the ball was dropped early on in his case too. Collette Dwyer called police about Lee and they didn't follow up.... (She states if LE had taken her seriously, 3 more women could be alive)

http://capitolwatch.reallouisiana.com/html/79F3AA57-5854-4CEA-898C-4C8566EDE0BD.shtml

this is true but it is largely the FBI BAU's fault as they convinced local authorities they were looking for a white guy based on the, since debunked, idea that most serial killers are white. It wasn't until a company came forward with a technology that could determine race from DNA that this was questioned. Once they knew they were looking for a black guy they checked different cases and got a DNA match to a case where he was interrupted and there was a witness confirming that he was AA once they knew the killer was AA it didn't take long at all to figure out it was derrick todd lee (he had a long and violent particularly sexual violent rap sheet).

IMO the FBI BAU was developed at a time when there wasn't DNA to link lots of cases so it was thought serial killers were rarer than they are and the only ones who were know where a very specific type of serial killer which caused a lot of misconceptions about serial killers to be assumed (i.e. most of them are white, they only kill their own race, they are super intelligent, they follow the case in the media blah blah blah). In reality there behavior is much more varied.

Perhaps a glimpse into JM's attack style.
Article from 2011, concerning Fairfax woman who was attacked, but rescued..
rbbm

http://patch.com/virginia/fairfaxci...a-fairfax-rape-and-mor84c9a34d12#.VCn1YhZabk8

"A 26-year-old woman was walking along Jermantown Road, carrying two full Giant grocery bags to her townhouse at around 10 one night in September 2005. She didn't get far before she sensed someone behind her.

The strange man said he was waiting for a friend, but something about him made her feel uneasy, said Det. Mike Boone, a Fairfax City Police Department violent crimes investigator who worked on the case. She kept walking and was almost at the front door of her townhouse when she heard his footsteps racing toward her. He grabbed her, lifted her and carried her into a dimly lit, wooded area near Rock Garden Drive, where he tried to strangle and rape her.

She screamed and fought. A neighbor heard her cries and walked to the edge of his driveway. He could hear her, but couldn't see what was going on. The attacker dragged her even farther into the darkness, but the neighbor didn't give up, remaining at the end of his driveway, searching.

Spooked, the suspect fled, leaving behind crucial DNA evidence in the blood and skin under his victim's fingernails."
Oh my gosh, THANK YOU!!! Do you have any idea how long I spent trying to find this exact article? I knew I had read that she had spoken to her attacker casually prior to the actual attack. I thought I had imagined it when I couldn't find it again.
:cheers:

Just wondering if he could have been taking steroids during football season (hence the violent tendencies September - October)... I have only known one person on steroids, and he was the nicest person there was when he was not on them, but once he started taking them he was a monster.

I suspect that Jesse has bigger problems than steroids. I think he has mastered the art of appearing contrite, and uses that to avoid consequences for all sorts of inappropriate aggression towards others. When he appeared before the judge in Texas, he was whimpering about the bed and the jumpsuit, when in reality he was terrified that he would be connected with Morgan's murder.

so did he kill Morgan? I'm just getting home & what I've read so far is confusing

It was revealed today that unspecified forensic evidence from MH ties in with unspecified evidence from Hannah and JM.

if the dna in the MH and rape victim had matched any others, wouldn't they have found that before now by running it through the data base?

Not necessarily. Virginia has had a huge backlog of evidence to process. We were discussing that in the general threads. It also doesn't seem uncommon nationwide for rape kits to pile up, untested. I hope cases like this will help change that.

I think I may have missed this, but does anyone know what JM was doing in/around Fairfax Sept. 2005?

I wish it had been going better. As it stands all I know is that the courts requested Martha Jefferson House to garnish his wages however they never did. The same request was later made to UVA Hospital when he started working there and they DID garnish his wages. That case is listed as closed whereas the earlier MJH case is still listed as pending. That's what makes me wonder if JM worked at MJH much earlier than when the wage garnishment was actually filed and that when they finally caught up with him in 2012 he was actually no longer employed there.

Regardless if anyone has any thoughts on how I can sleuth out this scenario please PLEASE PM me so I can sleep better at night.

I just tried seeing if JM had a nurses' aide license in VA by searching http://www2.vipnet.org/dhp/cgi-bin/search_publicdb.cgi, but the search for "matthew" came up with two names that were not him. If his name popped up, it would have shown the 1st time he would have been qualified to work as a caregiver.

Do you have a way to get online access to civil court documents within Albamarle county courts? If you had access to the civil records filed, which are public records, you would be able to look at the petition or complaint filed, which may have employment dates for MJH. In lots of jurisdictions you can access documents filed online, some for free and others for a fee. Brainstorming here with ya.

Could someone post the date of the assault charge with the attorney....compared to the date Morgans shirt was found?

Hi raeann! To the best of my recollection the assault charge on the atty was in '09 (June?). The assault chgs were dropped April 22, 2010. (JM's atty called the victim and asked if he would drop the charges. He agreed if his medical bills were paid.) [*ASTRIDX*, could this connect to JW's wages being garnished at the retirement home where Morgan's Pantera shirt was found nearby?]

News of the Pantera shirt found connected to Morgan hit the press in Apr. '10. Don't quote me on this! :)

ETA to clarify...the shirt was found Nov '09, IIRC ......it was confirmed to belong to Morgan in APR '10.

It's a 1.5 hour drive to a different world. Perhaps he was seeing how the other half of Virginia lives?

While police work to piece the forensic evidence together, CBS 6 News investigates where Jesse Matthew was when Morgan Harrington disappeared in October of 2009.

CBS 6 News’ Lorenzo Hall discovered Matthew has been on police radar for about 12 years.
<Sniped - READ MORE: Video>
http://wtvr.com/2014/09/29/hannah-graham-morgan-harrington-connection/

I wonder if police are thinking that if they are unable to find Hannah (it took four months for someone to accidentally discover to Morgan), they should pursue charges related to Morgan - at this time, it is probably the stronger case.

It's a huge relief to know that the Morgan Harrington murder is finally solved. I think it's fair to say that, per some statements at the time, she did indeed get into a taxi - she wasn't hitch-hiking. That must be a comfort to her parents ... to know that she didn't choose to put herself in a high risk environment with a potentially dangerous man.

I think we can set aside descriptions of Jesse as a simple minded Christian. The only reason that he was seen with Hannah on the night she vanished is because he was cocky after getting away with rape and murder for more than a decade.

Whoa hold on there, MH case isn't solved, is it? There's a forensic link, which we aren't sure of what it is exactly, but it's not closed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966