JLM: What Do We Know About Him? - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but think of Morgan's "discarded" T-shirt which may be the piece of evidence that linked JM to Morgan and the Fairfax victim. If JM is the one who placed the shirt in the bush, why? Was he mocking police? Why not throw it away? Why leave it out in the open? That shirt may very well lead to his downfall... I'm dying to know if he's the one who placed it (so very close to the location where he worked at the time and close to the location that HG went missing).

There's no way of knowing, but considering the timing, Gil Harrington's appeals may have had something to do with it. Those who were able to access his facebook page mentioned that he was following members of the Harrington's support group (no idea if that's credible). News of it may have been dying down and he may have wanted to spike it. I suspect ultimately, according to the great background material provided WSers, it wasn't about mercy but about him.

I can't think of any serial killers and their taunting except for Son of Sam.

I guess BTK taunted as well?

So maybe that was him taunting.

He wanted recognition of some sort is my guess.

He took that other wrestler diown in Tempo. Recognition.

I wonder if other stuff will crop up now when people are looking in hindsight

I'm not blaming his grandmother in anyway, but her comment coupled some other comments create IMO a really weird, almost "Twin Peaks" sort of picture. And i don't mean that as in a literal plot way, but in the overall interesting, somewhat unusual group of people way.

I went to a very football dominated high school, yet a "We love [football player name]" tshirt with a players face would have been considered totally weird there and I think it would be in a lot of places. Then we have people allegedly joking that he was like Lenny- a character that killed a woman and had to be shot to save himself from himself and others. Then we have people saying that they used to joke that he looked like a wanted alleged rapist and potential killer. And of course the greens comment. He's a gentle giant but people say he creeps on women.

I personally have never been in a situation where any of these things are considered normal, let alone a situation where some seem to think *all* of these things are normal.

Yeah, how that shirt got there is perplexing. Maybe it's possible that the shirt was in his cab and then he got a call to pick someone up and noticed the shirt was in the car, so he threw it out the window so the new passenger wouldn't discover it. Total speculation, of course.

Or hoping that someone would find it from the nearby apartment complex and wear it. JM was very calculating, deflective, creative, and manipulative..imo

I'm not blaming his grandmother in anyway, but her comment coupled some other comments create IMO a really weird, almost "Twin Peaks" sort of picture. And i don't mean that as in a literal plot way, but in the overall interesting, somewhat unusual group of people way.

I went to a very football dominated high school, yet a "We love [football player name]" tshirt with a players face would have been considered totally weird there and I think it would be in a lot of places. Then we have people allegedly joking that he was like Lenny- a character that killed a woman and had to be shot to save himself from himself and others. Then we have people saying that they used to joke that he looked like a wanted alleged rapist and potential killer. And of course the collard greens comment. He's a gentle giant but people say he creeps on women.

I personally have never been in a situation where any of these things are considered normal, let alone a situation where some seem to think *all* of these things are normal.

I think it is because,people knew there was something off about him. They probably felt it, but were not conscious of it.

Maybe they were so pumped about him because subconsciously they were trying to ward off any evil towards themsleves.

I can't think of any serial killers and their taunting except for Son of Sam.

I guess BTK taunted as well?

So maybe that was him taunting.

He wanted recognition of some sort is my guess.

He took that other wrestler diown in Tempo. Recognition.

I wonder if other stuff will crop up now when people are looking in hindsight

There are many sadistic psychopathic serial killers past that taunt, human..

The Long Island, NY serial killer wanted for the murder of several Long Island prostitutes taunted a victim's family by phone and chillingly...
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...-calls-victim-family-reports-article-1.112380

The Most Meticulous Serial Killer of Modern Times Is Taunting the FBI from Beyond the Grave <Israel Keyes; committed suicide in his jail cell 12/01/2012>
http://www.slate.com/blogs/crime/20...meticulous_serial_killer_of_modern_times.html
<List of 10 Taunting serial killers>
http://listverse.com/2014/06/23/10-serial-killers-who-did-the-last-thing-youd-expect/

Agreed for the most part, but I don't think there would be now, or in the future, any guilt by association. Even if JM is ultimately found guilty, I don't think there is anyone rational that would hold his friends or family responsible in any way. Obviously if JM had help in his crimes that would be a different story, but there's no evidence whatsoever to assume that he did and shouldn't even be speculated on (not saying you are FindHG, just a general statement). Just a hard situation for those close to him in so many ways. :(

Agreed completely. It should be so, too.

It's the 'people look at you differently factor,' which I've found a fact of life that's hard to escape. I can't bring myself to judge them for anything that JM did. That, to me, is wrong. I just hope they try to help and will keep hoping for their own sake, as well. These are young people, after all. Their world is shattered too, but nowhere near as much as the lives of families who lose and suffer more than they need to everyday.

Sorry if this is old, but it's new info to me. If it's not, can we add it to the timeline? I think it shows his taxi license as only 2008-2010. BBM.

"Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr., 32, who&#8217;s been charged in Graham&#8217;s disappearance, drove a van cab for Access Taxi in 2009, according to Carter. Court records from incidents in June 2009 and March 2010 list Matthew as working for Access. State records show Matthew had a cab license from 2007 to 2012."

http://www.roanoke.com/news/investi...cle_782ed5fa-cb5d-53c6-80f7-356735e60e92.html

There are many sadistic psychopathic serial killers past that taunt, human..

The Long Island, NY serial killer wanted for the murder of several Long Island prostitutes taunted a victim's family by phone and chillingly...
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...-calls-victim-family-reports-article-1.112380

The Most Meticulous Serial Killer of Modern Times Is Taunting the FBI from Beyond the Grave <Israel Keyes; committed suicide in his jail cell 12/01/2012>
http://www.slate.com/blogs/crime/20...meticulous_serial_killer_of_modern_times.html
<List of 10 Taunting serial killers>
http://listverse.com/2014/06/23/10-serial-killers-who-did-the-last-thing-youd-expect/

I worked about ten feet away from a notorious serial killer. When I asked my boss/expressed concern about the bizarre guy who spent his days chopping produce for a renowned DC restaurant, I was told, "oh don't worry about him...that's just Hadden, he's harmless. Yeah not!!!

I went to a very football dominated high school, yet a "We love [football player name]" tshirt with a players face would have been considered totally weird there and I think it would be in a lot of places. Then we have people allegedly joking that he was like Lenny- a character that killed a woman and had to be shot to save himself from himself and others. Then we have people saying that they used to joke that he looked like a wanted alleged rapist and potential killer. And of course the greens comment. He's a gentle giant but people say he creeps on women.

I agree, I don't know what kind of magic spells JM knows but they seem to be working on those that are closest to him. These things, to me, are NOT normal and I am not one to believe in so many coincidences. IMO these are not coincidences. Not even everyones view of JM. I think he's actually a very smart person, possibly even smart as Ted Bundy, who had a way of making you believe whatever he wanted you to believe, about him, and his actions.

I worked about ten feet away from a notorious serial killer. When I asked my boss/expressed concern about the bizarre guy who spent his days chopping produce for a renowned DC restaurant, I was told, "oh don't worry about him...that's just Hadden, he's harmless. Yeah not!!!

http://murderpedia.org/male.C/c/clark-hadden.htm
Hadden Clark, who is a convicted serial killer, cannibal, who is serving two 30 life sentences for his crimes?

I agree, I don't know what kind of magic spells JM knows but they seem to be working on those that are closest to him. These things, to me, are NOT normal and I am not one to believe in so many coincidences. IMO these are not coincidences. Not even everyones view of JM. I think he's actually a very smart person, possibly even smart as Ted Bundy, who had a way of making you believe whatever he wanted you to believe, about him, and his actions.

I have known a few sociopaths who played the "she's not the sharpest toll in the shed" card. They are some of the best con artists you will ever meet. Few who know them thinks that they get in trouble out of badness but believe someone else influenced them, negatively. The one I am thinking of was a consummate liar, with a short fuse, was a kleptomaniac from a very early age, a drug user and an animal lover, too. She would steal items and give them as gifts to unsuspecting associates. Everyone thought she was so generous.

People thought she was dumb when in fact she was simply not a good student. She had slight dyslexia but mostly she was just a lazy student. She had an uncanny awareness of specific details and an unbelievable ability to to remember every name and detail within other people's personal stories. She used all those details to befriend and insinuate herself into the lives of her family and friends' associates. Once she had an in, she used those new acquaintances for anything she could get from them. It's horrible when no one believes the person is deliberately getting involved in bad situations and causing harm to those who trust them. It's even more horrible when family and friends finally are forced to see the person for who they really are.

I feel like JLM Jr fits this type of personality. Skating through life and getting away with horrible deeds because those around him don't want to believe that he is anything but intellectually and socially challenged. They don't want to admit that they were conned or deceived.

I have known a few sociopaths who played the "she's not the sharpest toll in the shed" card. They are some of the best con artists you will ever meet. Few who know them thinks that they get in trouble out of badness but believe someone else influenced them, negatively. The one I am thinking of was a consummate liar, with a short fuse, was a kleptomaniac from a very early age, a drug user and an animal lover, too. She would steal items and give them as gifts to unsuspecting associates. Everyone thought she was so generous.

People thought she was dumb when in fact she was simply not a good student. She had slight dyslexia but mostly she was just a lazy student. She had an uncanny awareness of specific details and an unbelievable ability to to remember every name and detail within other people's personal stories. She used all those details to befriend and insinuate herself into the lives of her family and friends' associates. Once she had an in, she used those new acquaintances for anything she could get from them. It's horrible when no one believes the person is deliberately getting involved in bad situations and causing harm to those who trust them. It's even more horrible when family and friends finally are forced to see the person for who they really are.

I feel like JLM Jr fits this type of personality. Skating through life and getting away with horrible deeds because those around him don't want to believe that he is anything but intellectually and socially challenged. They don't want to admit that they were conned or deceived.
I agree.

Just curious, was this a Charlottesville area woman convicted for theft and currently serving time? Reminds me of someone I worked with who was arrested about a year or two ago. It was pretty shocking to most but she had been suspected of stealing things at work for a long time.

Just curious, was this a Charlottesville area woman convicted for theft and currently serving time? Reminds me of someone I worked with who was arrested about a year or two ago. It was pretty shocking to most but she had been suspected of stealing things at work for a long time.
Nope, just another run of the mill pathological liar and thief. Garden variety, really. :) Underneath her smile is always the ulterior motive...

I have some mutual friends with JM on Facebook. In the beginning, before JM went on the run, they were posting asking people to be respectful and let him have his day in court. They were obviously of the mindset that he couldn't possibly have done anything like that. Then, as more information came to light about a forensic link between JM and MH, 2 of the friends have not said another word about it. One of them has posted recently, saying how it looks really bad, and expressed his shock and horror that he grew up playing with JM as a kid. I think a lot of the people close to him are just trying to process it and make sense of the trauma they're feeling. I couldn't imagine finding out one of my supposed friends was actually living a secret life as a rapist and murderer. Hopefully as some of the people close to JM begin to process and heal, they will come forward with tips about secluded areas JM might know of or have frequented. That is, if they haven't done so already. I think most are just trying to wrap their minds around it, since before they were in denial that it could possibly be true.

Hopefully as some of the people close to JM begin to process and heal, they will come forward with tips about secluded areas JM might know of or have frequented. That is, if they haven't done so already. I think most are just trying to wrap their minds around it, since before they were in denial that it could possibly be true.

Very thoughtful of you.

They're grieving. They have to go through the stages. Denial and withdrawal then anger then bargaining then depression then acceptance.

We (as a society) have to help them, particularly through the depression part. Be there for them. This is not their fault, and they are victims, too.

OMG! Yes , it is the parent's fault!!!!

Can You Call a 9-Year-Old a Psychopath?
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/13/m....html?_r=4&src=me&ref=general&pagewanted=all&

Then last spring, the psychologist treating Michael referred his parents to Dan Waschbusch, a researcher at Florida International University. Following a battery of evaluations, Anne and Miguel were presented with another possible diagnosis: their son Michael might be a psychopath.

One day last summer, Anne and her husband, Miguel, took their 9-year-old son, Michael, to a Florida elementary school for the first day of what the family chose to call &#8220;summer camp.&#8221; For years, Anne and Miguel have struggled to understand their eldest son, an elegant boy with high-planed cheeks, wide eyes and curly light brown hair, whose periodic rages alternate with moments of chilly detachment. Michael&#8217;s eight-week program was, in reality, a highly structured psychological study &#8212; less summer camp than camp of last resort.

For the past 10 years, Waschbusch has been studying &#8220;callous-unemotional&#8221; children &#8212; those who exhibit a distinctive lack of affect, remorse or empathy &#8212; and who are considered at risk of becoming psychopaths as adults.
<sniped - read more>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members