JLM: What Do We Know About Him? - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He choked the Fairfax lady to unconsciousness. I do believe he intended to kill her. Granted at this point I do believe he realized that a living witness could cause him problems. We don't know how many others may have been raped or assaulted by him that weren't reported.

He also attended another college, I want to say it was a community college. It was in a link here somewhere! We don't know why he left that college, whether he couldn't make the grades, couldn't pay the tuition, or what happened.

When I first watched the video from the Texas jail, I thought there was some mental deficits. I'm not so sure I believe that now. Anyone recall what his majors were in each college? Wasn't one psychology?

Liberty U and Newport. He raped young women and was kicked out. Majored in psych at Liberty at least. Took courses towards becoming an orderly at the community college, intermittently, the same years he had a live-in gf (though not confirmed she was his gf, nor for how long, nor if she was actually a live-in).

A college classmate, who had helped him homework, attest to how childishly simple-minded he was. How dumb do you think he'd play to get help from her?

Can I just ask (am not flaming anyone) why certain posters are so sure he is innocent?
Are there people on the thread that have said they thought he was innocent? I don't think that, but I also don't share the theories that most of you do. I need to see the evidence they have. I don't see why they don't get the Fairfax victim to ID him. Maybe they already have. I don't see why they haven't charged him with Morgan's murder if they have dna linking him to her and the Fairfax rape.

Are there people on the thread that have said they thought he was innocent? I don't think that, but I also don't share the theories that most of you do. I need to see the evidence they have. I don't see why they don't get the Fairfax victim to ID him. Maybe they already have. I don't see why they haven't charged him with Morgan's murder if they have dna linking him to her and the Fairfax rape.

Yes, there is thread for that
The-Charges-Against-Jesse-Leroy-Matthew
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?257735-The-Charges-Against-Jesse-Leroy-Matthew

He choked the Fairfax lady to unconsciousness. I do believe he intended to kill her. Granted at this point I do believe he realized that a living witness could cause him problems. We don't know how many others may have been raped or assaulted by him that weren't reported.

He also attended another college, I want to say it was a community college. It was in a link here somewhere! We don't know why he left that college, whether he couldn't make the grades, couldn't pay the tuition, or what happened.

When I first watched the video from the Texas jail, I thought there was some mental deficits. I'm not so sure I believe that now. Anyone recall what his majors were in each college? Wasn't one psychology?

Correct, his major at Liberty and CNU was psychology. He was enrolled in a pre-nursing curriculum (!) at Piedmont Virginia Community College for 4 semesters.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/matthew...788-c31d-5944-8feb-b52b394ef4e1.html?mode=jqm

Matthew continued pursuing education in the fall of 2007, when he enrolled in Piedmont Virginia Community College. He remained for the following two semesters, and returned in fall of 2011, though he never received his associates degree. PVCC President Dr. Frank Friedman said Matthew was on a pre-nursing curriculum, intended for students who were interested in nursing but didn’t already have employment in the field.

He also attended a local community college (PVCC) http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/PVCC-Jesse-Matthew-was-Part-Time-Student-at-College-277793032.html
I read somewhere else that he had been taking nursing pre-reqs at the community college. I've taken those same pre-reqs before transferring to UVA - they are no walk in the park. I have not read why he left PVCC, but my guess would be that he wasn't making the grades required for the program. However, with that being said, I'm reluctant to assume that JM is a bumbling fool as many have portrayed him. I know plenty of people who are "book smart" who have no common sense/interpersonal skills and vice versa. He has eluded the police since 2005 (the Fairfax rape which is the first instance where LE was notified) - he hid Morgan's body so that it wasn't able to be found for 3 months after she disappeared and we're going on a month since Hannah disappeared and we are no closer to finding her than we were on day 1. I'm not saying he's a mastermind by any stretch of the imagination, but clearly, he's no fool either. Morgan's phone was missing its battery when it was found. I'm not sure when I became aware that a phone couldn't be tracked without the battery, but I'd say it's safe to assume Matthew yanked the battery out of that phone. I also think he yanked the battery out of Hannah's phone - that's why they haven't been able to triangulate it to narrow down a location. I would dare say Matthew removed the battery from his phone when he was in the process of his attacks/placing the bodies. He knew enough not to use his phone (if he had one) when he called his dad, however, he didn't count on his family's phones being tapped. He made it all the way to Texas and were it not for an alert citizen, God only knows where he could have escaped to.

I think Morgan was placed at a location that JM was comfortable with - he knew it was secluded - he knew there was little risk of running into someone and probably even less risk of Morgan's body being found anytime soon. I think JM knew this place as a kid and that's why he went back to it. I also think that's why LE is now asking to speak to anyone who has known him through the years - not so much to create a profile, but to wrack their brains of places that JM has spent time - places that are quiet, secluded and places that people might not often think about because it might seem insignificant. Criminals are creatures of habit - they do what is comfortable - I think Hannah's body is somewhere in the same area where Morgan was found, but not necessarily on Anchorage Farm.

<Respectfully Sniped for Space>

Originally Posted by AL18Wood View Post
Yes this is a long post, but It's nearly impossible to separate the train of thought into multiple posts on different "topics" as the entire train of thought and progression of logic is how I am now arriving at my own opinion of Jesse Matthew, how he came to be in the situation he is in, how he selected his victims, etc.

For those of use grappling with the feeling that Jesse Matthew doesn&#8217;t seem to fit the mold of most serial killers in terms of intelligence and trying to reconcile with how he could have flown under the radar for so long, here is my own analysis. I&#8217;ve spent a good bit of time reviewing the posts here, and have been following the case and all developments since this began. This is purely based on opinion and this is how I have made sense of the questions like Why? Why wasn&#8217;t there warning signs that people recognized? Why did some girls come into contact with him without him offending? How could he have pulled this off, etc?

Thanx for sharing and welcome to the Websleuths' family, AL18Wood...

Many times sexual predators begin their deviant behavior during adolescence. From my research, usually around the age of 14 years old. Juvenile misdemeanor crimes and some times even felonies are hidden from public scrutiny. Many times the justice system will recommend psychological treatment for youth sexual offenders. Constraints on sharing mental health are even more rigid. For this reason there is a critical window of time in JM's life that we are not privy too..

This is asked in virtually every missing/murdered persons case. Serial Killer Richard Ramirez; CA Night Stalker, said to the jurors that convicted and sentenced him to death, "Lucifer dwells within us all, I don't expect you to understand me, I am beyond good and evil, Lucifer will avenge me"!

RE: Why did some girls come into contact with him without him offending

Green River serial killer Gary Ridgeway, often let his victim's live in case he was ever caught, he could use them as defense witnesses. 'Hey, if I was a serial killer, why would I have let her live'?

RE: Intelligence
It would be logical to conclude that JM is a psychopathic predator. I have learned to never misunderestimate a psychopath. Psychopaths are very calculating, creative, manipulative, and deflective..
An example of a very brazened experienced escalated sexual predator serial killer<stranger> that was witnessed by many hikers with his victim immediately prior to her abduction<GA - 2008>. One of the witnesses was a retired law enforcement officer..

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/after-5-years-notorious-crime-still-haunts/nTyq3/
After 5 years, notorious crime still haunts
Witness, authorities left asking, 'What if?'

Minutes earlier, Blankenship saw a weathered, toothless man with a sheathed police baton walking near a pretty young woman carrying that leash. He thought they might be a father and daughter. But Blankenship, a former cop, got a gut feeling something was wrong after finding the odd assortment of gear. He started asking others if they had seen anything strange.

Bill Clawson, another hiker, had. Minutes earlier, Clawson, who was with his son and then-fiancé, spotted a scruffy man skulking in the woods as his family enjoyed a scenic moment. The man seemed impatient, as if waiting for the family to leave. Clawson and Blankenship walked back to where the stranger lurked.

Clawson left and turned in the items found on the trail to a nearby store. Blankenship readied the pistol in his pack and kept searching.

Blankenship found nothing, so he left as dusk approached. But despite his concern, his searching and questioning others at the scene, he failed to do something that still haunts him: &#8220;I didn&#8217;t call the police,&#8221; he said recently. &#8220;It&#8217;s horrible, but I didn&#8217;t call. If I had done things different, she could be alive today.&#8221;

&#8220;She&#8221; was Meredith Hope Emerson, a 24-year-old woman who vanished from the busy trail that day. Six days later, police found her headless body in another forest 40 miles away.

Yes this is a long post, but It's nearly impossible to separate the train of thought into multiple posts on different "topics" as the entire train of thought and progression of logic is how I am now arriving at my own opinion of Jesse Matthew, how he came to be in the situation he is in, how he selected his victims, etc.

This is really an excellent post. Fits in with my impression of how his offenses (after the college assaults and the Fairfax case) were likely not planned, but evolved quickly from rejection to rage and a subsequent scramble to hide the evidence.

There has been talk of JM going back to Tempo and ordering two beers - most presume that Hannah had to have been given one of those beers. What if both were for him - "liquid courage?"
No clue how much he'd had to drink that night, although based on his size, if he didn't have a fair amount of alcohol in him already, two beers would have had little effect...

I think he has most likely been involved with crimes totally unknown to us.

Unlike TV, many things go unreported and a staggering amount go unsolved. I think the odds are criminals don't get caught the first time they commit a crime.

I am going to advertise this publication that Foxfire posted. It is a must read.
http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

Some of these SK are so normal with several children, marriage, good job, Bible reading daily, high church positions.

They feel more and more invincible as they do crime and do not get caught.

They get sloppy because they are golden.

That is why I also believe he has done way more than we imagine even.

I am going to advertise this publication that Foxfire posted. It is a must read.
http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

Some of these SK are so normal with several children, marriage, good job, Bible reading daily, high church positions.

They feel more and more invincible as they do crime and do not get caught.

They get sloppy because they are golden.

That is why I also believe he has done way more than we imagine even.

Agreed!

We've have discussed at length in these threads, JM's level of intelligence. Some believe he's got some deficits and some think it's an act. I've always thought it was the latter. I went to high school with a guy that very much fit the stereotype of the "dumb jock". I observed though that he wasn't really that dumb. He relished in the fact that he was a football and basketball star and playing dumb got him more attention and favors. The girls loved to help him and the teachers gave him breaks when he wasn't prepared. He was a "C" student not because he had any real difficulty, but because he was just too busy having fun and frankly, he was too lazy to do the work most of the time. But when he forget to play the part, especially in social situations or in classroom discussions, he made smart comments and pointed out some pretty smart observations. I think JM is the same. He plays dumb when it serves his purpose. He may not be the sharpest, but I don't believe for once he could not possibly be smart enough to be a SK. The worst thing we should do is underestimate him. He's calculating and manipulative. I can't even bear to look at his picture in the news because I see someone who's caused so much pain to his victims, their families and friends.

Was curious...does anyone remember reading an article in which JM grandmother was interviewed and she said, "He had a live-in girlfriend, I dont know what happened to her." I found it on georgianewsday.com. IMO, finding and questioning a girlfriend who lived with him could produce some helpful information into JM background, thinking, places he liked to go, etc. Also, would be interesting to see how well he handled a romantic relationship. Just a thought...LE may have already questioned her or I may have gotten some misinformation.

I never watched the show so I know zero.
But a poster on here mentioned the Pick Three? Lottery ticket.

He had one in the Nissan.

If he won, I wonder how he would have claimed the prize?

Anyway, anything else from that show that may help with this?

Only that the main character, on the run, "hid" the coordinates of where victims bodies could be found, in the numbers chosen for his Pick3
Not a biggie, just jumped out at me when I saw the pick3 tickets in the " getaway" car JM was driving.

In response to FindHG (sorry, I goofed on the quote feature):

I meant that the very first character doesn't appear to be a "J" but the second does. He either wrote a "D" or "O" before his signature or the attorney made a quick mark showing him where to sign.

I think the most interesting part of his signature is the surname. Follow the line and it just meanders all over in no logical order.

Was curious...does anyone remember reading an article in which JM grandmother was interviewed and she said, "He had a live-in girlfriend, I dont know what happened to her." I found it on georgianewsday.com. IMO, finding and questioning a girlfriend who lived with him could produce some helpful information into JM background, thinking, places he liked to go, etc. Also, would be interesting to see how well he handled a romantic relationship. Just a thought...LE may have already questioned her or I may have gotten some misinformation.

There were are few quotes from his grandmother here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2765556/Wanted-poster-Hannah-Graham-suspect-issued.html

Quote:

Jesse 'LJ' Matthew has confirmed he met the 18-year-old in Charlottesville&#8217;s Downtown Mall on the night she went missing and bought her drinks at a local bar, MailOnline revealed.

But Matthew, a nursing assistant at UVA Hospital, told his mother that Hannah did not get into his car and that the pair 'went their separate ways.'

Matthew&#8217;s grandmother, Christine Carr, told MailOnline on Saturday: &#8216;I have been talking with his mother.

&#8216;He said he went his way and she went hers. He told his mother he bought her some drinks. He said she did not get into his car. The girl went her way and he went his.&#8217;

Matthew has lived in Charlottesville his whole life, where he works in the operating room of the UVA Hospital, sources told MailOnline. He is a nursing assistant who transports patients to the operating room.

His grandmother, Mrs Carr, says she instantly recognized her grandson &#8216;LJ&#8217; when she watched the video tape released by police investigating Hannah&#8217;s disappearance.

She told MailOnline: &#8216;I saw the video tape. That is him, that is LJ. The police went through his car and his apartment.

&#8216;They took away his car and three bags out of his apartment.&#8217;

Mrs Carr added she was confident her 32-year-old grandson, who has dreadlocks, has nothing to do with the disappearance of Hannah, who has not been seen since the early hours of last Saturday morning.

&#8216;LJ would never hurt anybody,' Mrs Carr, 82, from Charlottesville, told MailOnline. 'I know he is a good boy. I have known him all his life.

&#8216;I&#8217;m sure he had nothing to do with it. He is a good boy. He has worked ever since he was able to work. He has never been in trouble. He would do anything to help anybody.

Not sure if this has been posted yet.... lots of pics of Jesse Matthew. Several pics of the evidence found in the car and high school pics, several screenshots of online conversations. But most interesting to me is a pic of Jesse's lawyer and Randy Taylor's lawyer having lunch. p.s. Hope I posted in the right forum.

https://twitter.com/search?q=#jessematthew&mode=photos

Breaking News: NBC News4Washington about to cover a story re: JLM Jr was QUESTIONED YEARS BEFORE Hannah Graham disappeared. Waiting to hear the story.

http://wtvr.com/2014/10/09/exclusiv...taxi-driver-night-morgan-harrington-vanished/

Info on the taxi:Career cab Driver Melvin Carter, who knew Matthew, said he reached out to investigators five years ago after being questioned about local cab companies.

&#8220;Everything is starting to add up everything is starting to add up,&#8221; Carter said. &#8220;I asked which taxi cab she got into they said, &#8216;Yes, she did jump into a taxi cab that night before last being seen alive.'&#8221;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett