JLM: What Do We Know About Him? - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What on earth does any of this secret society/skull and bones stuff have to do with this thread topic -- "JLM -- what do we know about him?" Since none of it has anything to do with what is known about him, I'm thinking that there has to be some other thread for it. This thread is supposed to be about information that is known, not about totally groundless conjecture. It seems like this thread has been hijacked for someone's pet theory.

The thread topic is "what do we know about JLM". I am just asking some questions. :)

That means, who did he know? Did he have a grudge against someone/ something? Or he just liked to kill, and the skull and bones media reports, the dates 9.13, the associations are all just coincidences? Don't think so.. JMO

David Bass and JM did not know one another. JM could have known OF Bass, but when shown photos of JM, Bass said he did not recognize him.

Could be wrong but I don't think Bass was shown photos. I think he was shown the "sketch".

I saw a pic on another thread of JM with some young women when he was driving a white van cab. Was this the Access Cab? Is it the one that was found during the search for HG and can someone refresh my memory where it was found? Was JM driving this van when MH disappeared? It would be great if someone could help me out on these questions, TIA!

Imagination is probably getting the best of me but I wonder what kind of things happened in that van! (Sorry I don't have the link to the pic but my computer froze today and I lost all the tabs I was saving.)

I think Anchorage Farm was chosen for the same reason the property on OLR was. . .there were vacant houses within his comfort zone. . .nothing more.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

I saw a pic on another thread of JM with some young women when he was driving a white van cab. Was this the Access Cab? Is it the one that was found during the search for HG and can someone refresh my memory where it was found? Was JM driving this van when MH disappeared? It would be great if someone could help me out on these questions, TIA!

Imagination is probably getting the best of me but I wonder what kind of things happened in that van! (Sorry I don't have the link to the pic but my computer froze today and I lost all the tabs I was saving.)
As far as I know it's never been disclosed where exactly that abandoned cab was found. Just vaguely referred to as farmland somewhere. I would love to know this detail though.

As far as I know it's never been disclosed where exactly that abandoned cab was found. Just vaguely referred to as farmland somewhere. I would love to know this detail though.

If I recall, there were sealed warrants for searches in Nelson Co. that may have produced the cab.

I have read several statements from some posters that JLM is related to some famous/historical local family (Carr) but I have never seen anything that leads me to believe this to be factual. Some have said he is related to a Jesse Carr who is supposed to be a part of this important family. Can someone lead me to the information being used to form this conclusion? The comments I refer to have not been written as theory, but have been written as fact. TIA

I have read several statements from some posters that JLM is related to some famous/historical local family (Carr) but I have never seen anything that leads me to believe this to be factual. Some have said he is related to a Jesse Carr who is supposed to be a part of this important family. Can someone lead me to the information being used to form this conclusion? The comments I refer to have not been written as theory, but have been written as fact. TIA

I brought up the name Jesse Carr but I certainly didn't imply in any way it was fact that JM was a descendant. I was merely asking the question.
Having said that the more I look into these cases the more I see some connection to these descendants and I believe the location he leaves the remains to be very meaningful.

I brought up the name Jesse Carr but I certainly didn't imply in any way it was fact that JM was a descendant. I was merely asking the question.
Having said that the more I look into these cases the more I see some connection to these descendants and I believe the location he leaves the remains to be very meaningful.

Before your mention of Jesse Carr others have posted about the prominent family Jesse Matthew is related to with most saying the name of this prominent family is Carr. I just have not been able to find anything that points in that direction.

George Carr who was a prominent person in Charlottesville and Abermarle County DID own and raise his eight children on a farm in Abermarle County about six miles from Charlottesville. I believe the name of that farm is The Barracks. He did not own or live on Anchorage Farm to my knowledge.

David Bass bought Anchorage Farm between 1983-1985 but as of the year 2001, Bass had rented it to the same person since the date he purchased it. I don't know how long after 2001 Bass continued to rent the property, but that time frame alone would have given Jesse Matthew plenty of time to get to know this virtual permanent resident as well as the Anchorage Farm. He might have even worked for the renter. So although Bass said HE had never seen Jesse Matthew before, I can't help but wonder if his tenant had?!

Before your mention of Jesse Carr others have posted about the prominent family Jesse Matthew is related to with most saying the name of this prominent family is Carr. I just have not been able to find anything that points in that direction.

George Carr who was a prominent person in Charlottesville and Abermarle County DID own and raise his eight children on a farm in Abermarle County about six miles from Charlottesville. I believe the name of that farm is The Barracks. He did not own or live on Anchorage Farm to my knowledge.

David Bass bought Anchorage Farm between 1983-1985 but as of the year 2001, Bass had rented it to the same person since the date he purchased it. I don't know how long after 2001 Bass continued to rent the property, but that time frame alone would have given Jesse Matthew plenty of time to get to know this virtual permanent resident as well as the Anchorage Farm. He might have even worked for the renter. So although Bass said HE had never seen Jesse Matthew before, I can't help but wonder if his tenant had?!

I thought someone posted links to ancestral sites showing how JM is descendant from this family through his maternal grandmother.
Also, we do not know that Bass said he never saw JM before. Only that he didn't recognize the sketch. But I do think that longtime tenant may be more familiar with JM.

I thought someone posted links to ancestral sites showing how JM is descendant from this family through his maternal grandmother.
Also, we do not know that Bass said he never saw JM before. Only that he didn't recognize the sketch. But I do think that longtime tenant may be more familiar with JM.

Perhaps someone could post the genealogy because I don't recall seeing it nor have I been able to find any relationship between the prominent George Carr family and Jesse Matthew. And yes, thanks for refreshing my memory. Bass WAS shown the sketch and didn't recognize it. Certainly he has since seen photos and would come forward to LE if he recognized him in those photos,IMO

I hope LE knows about the long-time (20 years or more) tenant who lived at Anchorage Farm and has interviewed him. Then again, if it never occurred to Bass to mention it, and since Bass was on record as being the property owner during JLM's lifetime, LE might NOT know about the tenant! JMO

Perhaps someone could post the genealogy because I don't recall seeing it nor have I been able to find any relationship between the prominent George Carr family and Jesse Matthew. And yes, thanks for refreshing my memory. Bass WAS shown the sketch and didn't recognize it. Certainly he has since seen photos and would come forward to LE if he recognized him in those photos,IMO

I hope LE knows about the long-time (20 years or more) tenant who lived at Anchorage Farm and has interviewed him. Then again, if it never occurred to Bass to mention it, and since Bass was on record as being the property owner during JLM's lifetime, LE might NOT know about the tenant! JMO

I have seen nothing either, but as we are not allowed to sleuth family members, I doubt that we will see anything about his genealogy. But then, I am one of those who thinks Anchorage Farm was chosen only because it was in his comfort zone and had at least one abandoned building, and was large enough and rural enough that it was a relatively safe place for him to do his evil acts, or at least to dump a body. JMO

I have seen nothing either, but as we are not allowed to sleuth family members, I doubt that we will see anything about his genealogy. But then, I am one of those who thinks Anchorage Farm was chosen only because it was in his comfort zone and had at least one abandoned building, and was large enough and rural enough that it was a relatively safe place for him to do his evil acts, or at least to dump a body. JMO

I agree with you, but I DO also agree with David Bass and LE that whoever put Morgan there had to have been familiar with the place. That's why I think JLM knew or perhaps even worked for the tenant who rented and lived at Anchorage Farm during Jesse's entire childhood. And whether or not Jesse's genealogy gets posted (I only asked for it in reply to CoolJ stating he thought it had already BEEN posted), I have found no reason to believe Jesse Matthew is related to the prominent George Carr family.

I agree with you, but I DO also agree with David Bass and LE that whoever put Morgan there had to have been familiar with the place. That's why I think JLM knew or perhaps even worked for the tenant who rented and lived at Anchorage Farm during Jesse's entire childhood. And whether or not Jesse's genealogy gets posted (I only asked for it in reply to the poster stating it had already BEEN posted), I have found no reason to believe Jesse Matthew is related to the prominent George Carr family.

BBM...I fully agree with this, but considering the farm's proximity to where he lived for several years, I don't think he necessarily had to have worked there or known the tenant in order to be familiar with it, though he may have. I also have no reason to believe that he is related to the prominent Carr family any closer than the six degrees of separation I am away from Kevin Bacon. JMO

I thought this was interesting also...just doing research looking for commonalities. :)

Does anyone know what JLM's grandfathers name is?

Carr] Davis, Eliza Timberlake. Carr Family of Isle of Wight and Nansemond Counties, Virginia. Berryville, Va.: Virginia, ca. 1950. Available at FHL. Available at Virginia Historical Society.

Must be someone here who can trace these family histories. I would if I could. But my skills are not in this area. At all.

Is it even something we should be sleuthing? I mean we can't sleuth family members but we are talking people who have been dead for 200 yrs.

Must be someone here who can trace these family histories. I would if I could. But my skills are not in this area. At all.

Is it even something we should be sleuthing? I mean we can't sleuth family members but we are talking people who have been dead for 200 yrs.

Actually, you would be tracing Jesse Matthew's genealogy - not "sleuthing" his ancestors.

Actually, you would be tracing Jesse Matthew's genealogy - not "sleuthing" his ancestors.

You are technically correct, but pretty much any time we start discussing his family members, we incur the wrath of the mods.

You are technically correct, but pretty much any time we start discussing his family members, we incur the wrath of the mods.
SteveP has a healthy fear of the mods. I appreciate the reminder, SteveP.[emoji106]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!
Back