JLM: What Do We Know About Him? - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Don't feel bad, I do that all the time and I don't live in Virginia and I know he is incarcerated. I even thought I saw him in our mall one afternoon recently. I don't how the Texas lady was so sure she saw him.

Yah, I was with a car repair guy, nice and very respectable, but could not help notice how similar he look to JLM. Makes you wonder how the case would go if there was more than one person with same description on the Mall. Can't image a gang that all have the same look that it would be difficult for a witness to identify the specific person committing the crime.

DNA goes a long way separating the issues. Without it, what can LE do but watch it happen again util there is a opening in the case to arrest.

So, there are differences but we are fallible and remember basic things abut a person over time. How can the victim in Fairfax actually identify him. He is older, bigger, dreds, How is it really possible after this much time.
Oh, that's rigth, DNA

http://goo.gl/maps/4R2Oe

Map

UVA Medical Center ER
Football Game
Rapture
Blue Light Grill
Tempo
3193 Old Lynchburg

Let me know if I should add anything or make any corrections based on the timelines...

This may not be the appropriate place for this, though JM is mentioned in the article near the end. Mods, please remove or let me know if this is inappropriate.

This is a Rolling Stone article released today about the rape culture prevalent at UVA. Someone earlier had questioned what crime, life, etc. was like, particularly in the DTM area, to see if that may have influenced JM in any way, speculating that if it were "acceptable" in Charlottesville's culture, he would have had an easier time, perhaps, getting away with it. Too, this article discusses the problem of colleges handling sexual assault allegations internally, which allows serial rapists to go years unnoticed by LE - just like JM.

As a result of this article, UVA is investigating the fraternity accused, the fraternal organization is investigating, and UVA has asked CPD to investigate. There are also some new facebook pages in response to this article - UVrApe Alumni Victims Defense Fund and Protesting Phi Kappa Psi.

Read on.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/a-rape-on-campus-20141119?page=7

Unrelated to the current topic, but this seems the best thread for it... A sign today that I have spent way too much time on this case: I slowed down the car b/c I saw a guy who looked just like JM in the grocery store parking lot. Did a triple take. :freakedout: And I live very far away :crazy:

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Shortly after JM was arrested, I was on a bus near my home in the UK and someone got on it who was the DOUBLE of JM. I must've had my jaw wide open for a full minute before I managed to stop myself staring. It was a really good likeness!

This may not be the appropriate place for this, though JM is mentioned in the article near the end. Mods, please remove or let me know if this is inappropriate.

This is a Rolling Stone article released today about the rape culture prevalent at UVA. Someone earlier had questioned what crime, life, etc. was like, particularly in the DTM area, to see if that may have influenced JM in any way, speculating that if it were "acceptable" in Charlottesville's culture, he would have had an easier time, perhaps, getting away with it. Too, this article discusses the problem of colleges handling sexual assault allegations internally, which allows serial rapists to go years unnoticed by LE - just like JM.

As a result of this article, UVA is investigating the fraternity accused, the fraternal organization is investigating, and UVA has asked CPD to investigate. There are also some new facebook pages in response to this article - UVrApe Alumni Victims Defense Fund and Protesting Phi Kappa Psi.

Read on.

Yes, nary a word from LE on nature of parties she attended; though several sources have said she may have been attending frat parties. Courteney Stuart who writes for C-ville Weekly (online) mentions two big frat blow outs that weekend at St. Anthony Hall and Zeta Psi.

BTW, I think cultures across the nation should be reviewing their management of a lot of issues in the wake of her tragic death. College towns are already ripe hunting grounds for rapists given the steady high supply of vulnerable females; having a culture soft on sexual assault and hard on partying does not at all help. IMO

I have to ask too where the heck is the police presence on weekends? They have no officers who patrol the downtown mall? Or UVA security in residential areas? That same weekend HG went missing there were several sexual assaults reported. Makes you wonder....

Source: http://www.c-ville.com/hannah-graham-tracking-investigation-far/#.VG3uXfnF8r4

Read on.

Thank you for this article. I sincerely hope UVA and other universities/colleges will have to report rapes to local police. If Liberty and other colleges had, Morgan and Hannah would still be alive. These institutions need to become accountable and if they cannot manage that on their own, then they should be required to report by law. Enough hiding of the truth. Protect victims, not the universities reputation.

Thank you for this article. I sincerely hope UVA and other universities/colleges will have to report rapes to local police. If Liberty and other colleges had, Morgan and Hannah would still be alive. These institutions need to become accountable and if they cannot manage that on their own, then they should be required to report by law. Enough hiding of the truth. Protect victims, not the universities reputation.

Spot on Emma Rose;why do these smart kids not go directly to law enforcement? This is criminal behavior and when the women start taking the issue as a crime,it will stop. The young lady in this article became more than a victim when she allowed the perps to go free;it destroyed her. We cry for HG's fate,yet look how frequently women turn a blind eye to this crime of sexual assault for the fear someone will judge them? If I could talk to these young adults for five minutes I would say, Go to the police,report this crime,you were a victim,the first Greek that ends up in prison will help deter another assault. The repetitive pattern points to more and more victims.By letting these fraternities know they will be held accountable for sponsoring these rape parties. When I was in college , Greeks were proud of their legacy;they promoted morals ,ethics,grades,family away from home,pride in membership,community service,a safe environment in which to live. Every member was accountable because you represented each other;we cared about values. We had a house mother who oversaw the physical well being of every member and was the responsible adult to every students parent. We had curfews, we signed in and out of the house; we had house rules,dinner rules,housekeeping rules;we were learning independence;not thrown to the wolves in a make it or break it society of today.

Spot on Emma Rose;why do these smart kids not go directly to law enforcement? This is criminal behavior and when the women start taking the issue as a crime,it will stop. The young lady in this article became more than a victim when she allowed the perps to go free;it destroyed her. We cry for HG's fate,yet look how frequently women turn a blind eye to this crime of sexual assault for the fear someone will judge them? If I could talk to these young adults for five minutes I would say, Go to the police,report this crime,you were a victim,the first Greek that ends up in prison will help deter another assault. The repetitive pattern points to more and more victims.By letting these fraternities know they will be held accountable for sponsoring these rape parties. When I was in college , Greeks were proud of their legacy;they promoted morals ,ethics,grades,family away from home,pride in membership,community service,a safe environment in which to live. Every member was accountable because you represented each other;we cared about values. We had a house mother who oversaw the physical well being of every member and was the responsible adult to every students parent. We had curfews, we signed in and out of the house; we had house rules,dinner rules,housekeeping rules;we were learning independence;not thrown to the wolves in a make it or break it society of today.

So true. I was in a sorority and we did alot of fundraising for the community, our biggest project was funding a burn center at our local hospital. The frats did the same. We all knew how to enjoy a party without disgracing ourselves or our school.

I wish the victim would go to the police first because in order to keep rapes on the down low, universities are protecting the rapist and believe me, that message gets around, infortunately. At the same time, the victim is discouraged from talking about it,or swayed from going to police, sometimes with the threat of expulsion from school if they do. Women (and men) should be valued. How dare these institutions punish the innocent and protect the predators. I am encouraged to see that some students are becoming very proactive. I am sure Hannah would be rallying for the cause had her life not been stolen from her.

So true. I was in a sorority and we did alot of fundraising for the community, our biggest project was funding a burn center at our local hospital. The frats did the same. We all knew how to enjoy a party without disgracing ourselves or our school.

I wish the victim would go to the police first because in order to keep rapes on the down low, universities are protecting the rapist and believe me, that message gets around, unfortunately. At the same time, the victim is discouraged from talking about it,or swayed from going to police, sometimes with the threat of expulsion from school if they do. Women (and men) should be valued. How dare these institutions punish the innocent and protect the predators. I am encouraged to see that some students are becoming very proactive. I am sure Hannah would be rallying for the cause had her life not been stolen from her by a predator who also was protected.

You might want to add his former home on Ponderosa Trail...

http://goo.gl/maps/jCpta

Added Ponderosa Trail... I started this map with JLM's night of September 13th, and then got side tracked into JLM's other places of interest. I also added Red Hill Elementary and Anchorage Farm.

Let me know if there are any others I should add. TGIF!

http://goo.gl/maps/zB2TJ

JLM's journey on the night Hannah disappeared as documented by media and other websleuthers.

A) JLM's apartment
B) Work UVA
C) Football Game
D) Rapture
E) Blue Light Grill
F) Tempo
G) 3193 Old Lynchburg

Areas of interest:

H) Area where MH was found / Anchorage Farm
I) Former Address
J) Red Hill
H) Monticello HS

Thanks guys! Let me know if I missed anything else.

JLM's journey on the night Hannah disappeared as documented by media and other websleuthers.

A) JLM's apartment
B) Work UVA
C) Football Game
D) Rapture
E) Blue Light Grill
F) Tempo
G) 3193 Old Lynchburg

Areas of interest:

I) Former Address
J) Red Hill
H) Monticello HS

Don't forget about The Lazy Parrot (by himself before the Downtown Mall spots).

Something that has concerned me, especially as a Charlottesville area resident is how JLM was able to get hired by UVa hospital and accepted as a volunteer coach at the Covenant School with his fairly extensive record of misdemeanor offenses, some of which would seem to rise above mere traffic infractions such as the assault and battery/grand larceny of the lawyer's cell phone. It just doesn't seem that any due diligence was taken by UVa or the Covenant School before turning this guy loose on high school football players and hospital patients. Of course I feel that the incidents surrounding him at Liberty and Christopher Newport should also have been part of the vetting process...

Something that has concerned me, especially as a Charlottesville area resident is how JLM was able to get hired by UVa hospital and accepted as a volunteer coach at the Covenant School with his fairly extensive record of misdemeanor offenses, some of which would seem to rise above mere traffic infractions such as the assault and battery/grand larceny of the lawyer's cell phone. It just doesn't seem that any due diligence was taken by UVa or the Covenant School before turning this guy loose on high school football players and hospital patients. Of course I also feel that the incidents surrounding him at Liberty and Christopher Newport should also have been part of the vetting process...

Most background checks will only reveal felonies, not misdemeanors. As far as the assault and battery/grand larceny, he pled guilty to a lessor charge which was a misdemeanor so that also typically would not have shown up on the background check. IMO

Most background checks will only reveal felonies, not misdemeanors. As far as the assault and battery/grand larceny, he pled guilty to a lessor charge which was a misdemeanor so that also typically would not have shown up on the background check. IMO

I understand but C'ville is a small town, and it would be conceivable that acceptance in either position might include informal as well as formal channels. In anticipation to hiring somebody for a job in transportation at UVa hospital, it would make sense to check his DMV record which would seem to include lots of contraindications. On the other hand, prior to working with kids in a high-profile private Christian school, I would think that the sheer number of his misdemeanors in Charlottesville and Albemarle County would raise eyebrows and red flags, even for a volunteer position...

I understand but C'ville is a small town, and it would be conceivable that acceptance in either position might include informal as well as formal channels. In anticipation to hiring somebody for a job in transportation at UVa hospital, it would make sense to check his DMV record which would seem to include lots of contraindications. On the other hand, prior to working with kids in a high-profile private Christian school, I would think that the sheer number of his misdemeanors in Charlottesville and Albemarle County would raise eyebrows and red flags, even for a volunteer position...

That's just not usually how it works and Charlottesville is a lot bigger than many other small towns, and with the experience he had for both positions, even if they knew of his misdemeanors, I doubt it would have kept him from getting the job and volunteer position. IMO. Also, I don't believe his job of "transporting" patients included driving them anywhere, but even if it did, he had great experience in that area as well, having driven a taxi for several years.

That's just not usually how it works and Charlottesville is a lot bigger than many other small towns, and with the experience he had for both positions, even if they knew of his misdemeanors, I doubt it would have kept him from getting the job and volunteer position. IMO. Also, I don't believe his job of "transporting" patients included driving them anywhere, but even if it did, he had great experience in that area as well, having driven a taxi for several years.

I also get the feeling that he had some credible recommendations that would have bolstered his job opportunities.

A) JLM's apartment
B) Work UVA
C) Football Game
D) Rapture
E) Blue Light Grill
F) Tempo
G) 3193 Old Lynchburg

Areas of interest:

I) Former Address
J) Red Hill
H) Monticello HS

Lazy Parrot visit was in there, before Rapture.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megaera
Back