JLM: When will charges come in the HG and MH cases?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hope my WS friends and their families had a Happy Thanksgiving today! I sure did!

My first thoughts this morning were with Hannah's parents, and that today may have been very painful for them. I hope they were able to find solace...

I guess JM could try the SOGDI (Some-Other-Guy-Did-It) defense , and claim to be the "Unluckiest man in the world".

I think the statement is designed to trap Jesse into either admitting he and Morgan have met or denying any meeting (friendly or otherwise0

Just My Own Opinions ~Everybody Knows That~

I guess JM could try the SOGDI (Some-Other-Guy-Did-It) defense , and claim to be the "Unluckiest man in the world".

I think the statement is designed to trap Jesse into either admitting he and Morgan have met or denying any meeting (friendly or otherwise0

So unlucky that his DNA just happened to be on not only one deceased young lady but two, as well as a victim of a savage rape-then toss in the two other rapes during his college years. I think the defense would get laughed out of court if they tried this one. JMO

You may be right thinking they are trying to get JM to admit he met MDH. I think Morgan's case is the hardest to prove JM guilty, but I may be wrong. It would make me very happy if the Harringtons could get justice for Morgan. They have waited so long.

So unlucky that his DNA just happened to be on not only one deceased young lady but two, as well as a victim of a savage rape-then toss in the two other rapes during his college years. I think the defense would get laughed out of court if they tried this one. JMO

You may be right thinking they are trying to get JM to admit he met MDH. I think Morgan's case is the hardest to prove JM guilty, but I may be wrong. It would make me very happy if the Harringtons could get justice for Morgan. They have waited so long.

Just My Own Opinions ~Everybody K

Wow!! I have no idea what went wrong with my last post, lol!! Sorry everyone :blushing:

Still, he cautions that just because Matthew’s DNA is on the shirt, that does not automatically mean he killed Harrington.

“He may have given her a ride home, he may have offered her to sit with him in his house,” Banks said.

http://wtvr.com/2014/11/24/search-w...-between-jesse-matthew-and-morgan-harrington/

Sounds like they don't have enough to charge him.

I think this article clears it up for me and confirms what jbowman55 was saying. The Pantera t shirt has two pieces of evidence on it.

1) a stain that is most likely JLM's
2) "wearer"DNA that most likely matches the DNA from the cigar tip. If that "wearer" DNA was MH's then we know he was carrying a trophy in his wallet for the past 5 years.

Anybody see it differently?

The real question becomes ... Who put that shirt there in front of the frat house? And why? Interesting to say the least, especially with the hoopla lately with fraternities, sororities and rape lately at UVa.

JMO

I have never been quoted so many times in one post! (and you can quote me on that !)
Of course I was being facetious about using the unluckiest man in the world defense. JM will never say a word about it , one way or the other. If he is charged , he will most likely not take the stand (which is his constitutional right) , and we may never know what happened to this sweet ,trusting,innocent woman.
I am sure that there are many more victims out there. Victims of this sadistic killer ,that not only rapes and murders, but leaves the lifeless bodies to be ravaged by wildlife and the elements, until all that can be found is skeletonized remains .
But... Every murderer makes a mistake that will eventually lead to a conviction (let's hope)

I think this article clears it up for me and confirms what jbowman55 was saying. The Pantera t shirt has two pieces of evidence on it.

2) "wearer"DNA that most likely matches the DNA from the cigar tip. If that "wearer" DNA was MH's then we know he was carrying a trophy in his wallet for the past 5 years.

The real question becomes ... Who put that shirt there in front of the frat house? And why? Interesting to say the least, especially with the hoopla lately with fraternities, sororities and rape lately at UVa.

JMO

IIRC the shirt was found in front of an apartment building where students lived, not a frat house.

JMO

What makes you (and jbowman55) think that MH's DNA was on the cigar tip? What has been reported that brings you to that conclusion? TIA

JMO

I looked this up the other night and thought the map was interesting.

http://goo.gl/maps/KQSkt

Pi Beta Phi
1509 Grady Ave, Charlottesville, VA ‎
(434) 979-4852 ‎ · pibetaphi.org

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.c-ville.com/DNA_evidence...on_t_shirt_found_on_15th_Street/#.VHJ4sRybXls

15th and Grady

Eichner says the shirt was spread flat and facing up on the bushes about six feet from the 15th Street and within reach of the road's gravel shoulder. He says he didn't see it on his way to class that morning, but he doesn't believe that the shirt could have gone unnoticed for long as he and other students walk past by the bush numerous times each day on their way to and from class. "There's no way," he says, expressing his belief that the shirt was placed there deliberately and well after Harrington's disappearance.

I have never been quoted so many times in one post! (and you can quote me on that !)
Of course I was being facetious about using the unluckiest man in the world defense. JM will never say a word about it , one way or the other. If he is charged , he will most likely not take the stand (which is his constitutional right) , and we may never know what happened to this sweet ,trusting,innocent woman.
I am sure that there are many more victims out there. Victims of this sadistic killer ,that not only rapes and murders, but leaves the lifeless bodies to be ravaged by wildlife and the elements, until all that can be found is skeletonized remains .
But... Every murderer makes a mistake that will eventually lead to a conviction (let's hope)

That's for sure!

I had not seen this article before, it's an older article, but applicable to the discussion about fraternities.

http://www.readthehook.com/69512/missing-pieces-witnesses-share-their-tales-morgan-sightings

< With the blonde were four young, white men&#8211;- a conspicuous group, says the witness, because of the direction they were headed: away from the Arena.
In addition to a black miniskirt, tights, and a black shirt, the young blonde was wearing distinctive high-heeled boots, says the witness, a mother of two who spoke on condition of anonymity over concern for getting "pulled into the fray."
Until now, the missing woman's boots have been described as "knee high," but this witness insists they were "over the knee." (Through a spokesperson with the Harrington's recently hired PR firm, Gil Harrington says the boots she saw Morgan try on prior to the concert were not above the knee.)

The men, says the witness, were allegedly laughing.

According to several sources, members of UVA's men's basketball team were among the last to see Harrington in the grassy, tree-shrouded parking area before she was seen with her thumb out, hitching a ride on the bridge.

Emails sent to numerous team members were forwarded to UVA spokesperson Carol Wood, who directed the inquiry to State Police, but Geller declines comment on the identity of any witnesses.

"We leave it to them whether they want to speak publicly," she says.
One possible witness has been speaking publicly, in part, she says, because she doesn't believe investigators have fully followed her lead.

"I know what I saw," says Norma Parson, a newspaper delivery woman who believes she saw Morgan&#8211; or an incredible lookalike&#8211;- coming out of a room on UVA's West Lawn at 3:45am October 18, six hours after the last confirmed sighting on Copeley Bridge.

"She was tall and thin," says Parson, who says the woman's high black boots had heels making her appear taller than Morgan's reported height of 5'6" and that she wasn't wearing the black hose or tights police have described.
Because the woman also was wearing a jacket that was fastened shut, Parson says, she couldn't determine whether the woman's blonde hair, which was tucked inside, was long or short. But as the blond woman&#8211;- accompanied by three young men, two shorter, one taller&#8211;- passed by her in the well-lit brick walkway along the Lawn, she says, she got a clear look at her face, and her heavily made-up eyes, in particular. She says the woman's presence in the wee hours of a chilly night&#8211;- and her bare legs&#8211;- seized her attention.

"I thought, 'What's she doing out here dressed like that,'" Parson recalls. When she learned of Harrington's disappearance two days later and saw photographs of heavy mascara- and eyeliner-wearing Morgan, "I knew immediately it was the same girl I saw," says Parson, who credits art training for teaching her to examine facial details&#8211;- even those she sees in passing.

"I never had a moment's doubt," she insists.>

What makes you (and jbowman55) think that MH's DNA was on the cigar tip? What has been reported that brings you to that conclusion? TIA

I am assuming the DNA found on "the majority of the interior of the Pantera tshirt" is MH's because that to me sounds like "wearer" DNA. Do you agree with that?
This DNA is what matches the cigar tip. That is why I think it is MH's.
Do you have another explanation?

ETA: also, as seen in the article recently posted by 4 free speech, we know that they confirmed it was MH's by DNA analysis. So it seems that interior DNA was likely hers. JMO

IIRC the shirt was found in front of an apartment building where students lived, not a frat house.

Pretty sure it was a frat house. Let me find the link.

Pretty sure it was a frat house. Let me find the link.

Map. I have not found an article with the exact location of MH's shirt. If you find one let me know and I'll add it.

I searched Fraternities near 15th and Grady. I think the shirt location and the way it was displayed is a "trophy" or perhaps in JLM's case, a "snub" to the Fraternities. Either way it's a message to someone. JMO

uva-fraternities-near-mh-shirt.jpg

I am assuming the DNA found on "the majority of the interior of the Pantera tshirt" is MH's because that to me sounds like "wearer" DNA. Do you agree with that?
This DNA is what matches the cigar tip. That is why I think it is MH's.
Do you have another explanation?

ETA: also, as seen in the article recently posted by 4 free speech, we know that they confirmed it was MH's by DNA analysis. So it seems that interior DNA was likely hers. JMO

Yes, the explanation I read is the DNA taken from the shirt was JLM's and that DNA matches his DNA on the cigar tip. It seems pretty straight forward to me.

T-Shirt in Harrington Case: A Link? a Clue? or a Taunt?

Morgan Harrington&#8217;s t-shirt was found 10 miles from her body at this 15th Street apartment building. Credit: Hawes Spencer

For nearly five years, a rock band t-shirt that mysteriously appeared near the University of Virginia has been one of the most connective yet perplexing clues in the death of Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington. Hawes Spencer reports.

http://virginiapublicradio.org/2014/10/22/t-shirt-in-harrington-case-a-link-a-clue-or-a-taunt/

Yes, the explanation I read is the DNA taken from the shirt was JLM's and that DNA matches his DNA on the cigar tip. It seems pretty straight forward to me.

Have a look again.
The diffuse stain was a match to the DNA database. (JLMs DNA from the Fairfax rape)
The MAJORITY of the interior of the Pantera shirt was a match to the cigar tip.
There are 2 separate DNA samples on the shirt with 2 distinct matches.

http://wtvr.com/2014/11/24/search-w...-between-jesse-matthew-and-morgan-harrington/

Here is one match:
There was a large diffuse of stain on the shirt,&#8221; the search warrant indicated. &#8220;A DNA mixture profile was developed&#8230;.on the shirt and searched against the Virginia DNA Data Bank.

Here is another separate match:
A DNA profile was developed from the &#8216;wooden tip from a cigar butt&#8217; and could not be eliminated as a contributor to the sampling from the majority of the interior of the black t-shirt,&#8221; the search warrant continued

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett
Back