JLM: When will charges come in the HG and MH cases?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This may be a silly question, but I'm confused. Surely they had his DNA from his car? items in his apartment? So what is the link with the cigar tip? Is this a trophy from that night with Morgan? Can some 'splain it to me.

I think we now have a hint what " penetration with an Object" may mean in the 2005 case , and it may be that both JM and MH dna were on the cigar butt Trophy.
This could also mean that JM is prone to saving trophies to relive the crime.
These opinions are my own ~~Everybody Knows That~~~~

http://wtvr.com/2014/11/24/search-w...-between-jesse-matthew-and-morgan-harrington/

Warrant reveals DNA connection between Jesse Matthew and Morgan Harrington - Updates at 6 pm

“There was a large diffuse of stain on the shirt,” the search warrant indicated. “A DNA mixture profile was developed….on the shirt and searched against the Virginia DNA Data Bank. Search results indicated that the contributor of a foreign DNA profile, indicative of a male contributor, which was developed from a fingernail scraping of a female victim who was sexually assaulted by a male subject in a 2005 City of Fairfax, Virginia case, could not be eliminated as a contributor to the mixture profile taken from Harrington’s shirt.”

It sounds to me this is a partial match on a shirt that has multiple DNA samples mixed in. Plus the shirt was on a public street corner for who knows how long? I think if this their main evidence, they need to have some other things linking them that night. Notice no info on cell phone record is released. THAT with this DNA finding would be hard to defend, MOO.

How is his DNA extracted from ad mixture? Contributor says to me "mix"; this all seems like it will come down to DNA experts on both sides weighing in.

There it is!

Matt Talhelm ‏@MattTalhelm 34s35 seconds ago
Mistakenly unsealed search warrant for #JesseMatthew cellphone records says it's re: murder in #MorganHarrington case JM warrant.jpg

There it is!

Mistakenly unsealed search warrant for #JesseMatthew cellphone records says it's re: murder in #MorganHarrington case

I think that means suspicion is "murder" as this is just asking for search warrant. What I want to know is what gave them probable cause?

Still questioning how did LE know it had a forensic link between JM and MH (via Fairfax) as early as September 30th (this is when the link info reported by Media), but the earliest date on the search warrant, October 8th, is a week later?

I think that means suspicion is "murder" as this is just asking for search warrant. What I want to know is what gave them probable cause?

Still questioning how did LE know it had a forensic link between JM and MH (via Fairfax) as early as September 30th (this is when the link info reported by Media), but the earliest date on the search warrant, October 8th, is a week later?

So, they did DNA testing on the items they collected before he was arrested.

There it is!

Mistakenly unsealed search warrant for #JesseMatthew cellphone records says it's re: murder in #MorganHarrington case View attachment 64162

What is LE looking for on JM's phone records? Could they be thinking he made some key calls the night of Morgan's disappearance? I guess this phone number would be the one he was using for his cab calls?

This is just a search warrant for his phone records, as regards MH. I have a feeling there are lots of other search warrants from earlier dates and they were "just" getting around to this one at this time, having executed possibly more tenuous ones earlier. If phone records are still there from 2009, there was no rush to collect them. (IMO)

NBC29 @NBC29 · now 9 seconds ago
UPDATE: @henrygraff reports Virginia State Police has no comment on the search warrant details.

NBC29 @NBC29 · 26s 27 seconds ago
BREAKING: @henrygraff reports: #jessematthew cell phone account was in good standing night #morganharrington vanished.

NBC29 @NBC29 · 58s 59 seconds ago
BREAKING: @henrygraff reports: police used a wooden tip from a cigar butt from wallet of #jessematthew to make #morganharrington case link.

NBC29 @NBC29 · 2m 2 minutes ago
BREAKING: @henrygraff reports: warrant says Pantera T-shirt worn by #morganharrington the night she vanished had multiple DNA stains.

NBC29 @NBC29 · 3m 3 minutes ago
BREAKING: @henrygraff reports: police list first and second-degree murder on warrant for #jessematthew / has not been charged.

NBC29 @NBC29 · 3m 3 minutes ago
BREAKING: @henrygraff reports: a new search warrant reveals details about how police linked #jessematthew to #morganharrington

NBC29 @NBC29 · 4m 4 minutes ago
BREAKING: @henrygraff reports: search warrant is for all cell phone records for #JesseMatthew

What exactly is a "wooden tip" on a cigar butt? Is that something put on for smoking? I've never seen one....

I wonder why this was allowed to be released? And why so long after the fact?

It wasn't - here, new, from Parker Slaybaugh: https://www.facebook.com/ParkSlaybaugh/posts/547915155353511
"Some of you have asked me about new information that some media outlets chose to report on today about Jesse Matthew and the Morgan Harrington case. I only post things here that I can independently confirm, and that won't jeopardize police efforts to ensure a fair process for all involved. Just moments ago State Police released a statement about the information that was reported on today. As you will see this is why many media outlets chose not to report on the sensitive information.
The following statement is from Colonel W. Steven Flaherty, Virginia State Police Superintendent:
The Virginia State Police are extremely disappointed with the editorial decisions by WVIR-TV29 and WTVR-TV6 to release critically sensitive information today in the ongoing investigation into the disappearance and death of Morgan Harrington. The information was obtained from a search warrant affidavit that was supposed to have been sealed from public disclosure. These two news stations chose to exploit a clerical error for their own benefit, despite being personally asked by the Virginia State Police case agent, Virginia State Police public relations director, and Albemarle County Police investigators to refrain from publicly releasing the contents of the affidavit. Investigators are seriously concerned about the impact the release of this information will have on the preservation of key evidence, and the integrity, progression and eventual prosecution of the case.
Steps are currently underway to seal the affidavit and state police will have no further comment on this matter or contents of the warrant."

It wasn't - here, new, from Parker Slaybaugh: https://www.facebook.com/ParkSlaybaugh/posts/547915155353511
"Some of you have asked me about new information that some media outlets chose to report on today about Jesse Matthew and the Morgan Harrington case. I only post things here that I can independently confirm, and that won't jeopardize police efforts to ensure a fair process for all involved. Just moments ago State Police released a statement about the information that was reported on today. As you will see this is why many media outlets chose not to report on the sensitive information.
The following statement is from Colonel W. Steven Flaherty, Virginia State Police Superintendent:
The Virginia State Police are extremely disappointed with the editorial decisions by WVIR-TV29 and WTVR-TV6 to release critically sensitive information today in the ongoing investigation into the disappearance and death of Morgan Harrington. The information was obtained from a search warrant affidavit that was supposed to have been sealed from public disclosure. These two news stations chose to exploit a clerical error for their own benefit, despite being personally asked by the Virginia State Police case agent, Virginia State Police public relations director, and Albemarle County Police investigators to refrain from publicly releasing the contents of the affidavit. Investigators are seriously concerned about the impact the release of this information will have on the preservation of key evidence, and the integrity, progression and eventual prosecution of the case.
Steps are currently underway to seal the affidavit and state police will have no further comment on this matter or contents of the warrant."

BBM. What is wrong with these #%^*! broadcasters?! Good grief, how low can you go? Boycott their sites.

What exactly is a "wooden tip" on a cigar butt? Is that something put on for smoking? I've never seen one....

Wooden tipped cigars come in several brands.<modsnip> Here is a picture of another brand for reference http://www./cigars/skupics/mid/CI-MID-WINWDPK-400.jpg

It sounds to me this is a partial match on a shirt that has multiple DNA samples mixed in. Plus the shirt was on a public street corner for who knows how long? I think if this their main evidence, they need to have some other things linking them that night. Notice no info on cell phone record is released. THAT with this DNA finding would be hard to defend, MOO.

How is his DNA extracted from ad mixture? Contributor says to me "mix"; this all seems like it will come down to DNA experts on both sides weighing in.

That's not how I read it. I believe the mixture from the DNA is Morgan's and JLM. He contributed to her DNA and that is the mix. JMO

I am hoping n praying that the 'wallet of Jm's with the wooden tipped cigar' was found in JM's abandoned cab that JM was driving at the time MH disappeared.

Case in point...if they can't even keep a warrant sealed, how many other things are being missed/done incorrectly?

I DO wonder if this warrant was left "unsealed" intentionally?

Maybe, because I'm wracking my brain to figure out what the big deal about this information being reported might be. Other than the fact that, if this has anything to do with cab records, why it wasn't done five years ago...

This is just a search warrant for his phone records, as regards MH. I have a feeling there are lots of other search warrants from earlier dates and they were "just" getting around to this one at this time, having executed possibly more tenuous ones earlier. If phone records are still there from 2009, there was no rush to collect them. (IMO)

From what I gathered from the Henry Graff tweets all those items listed were part of one search warrant request, so we are seeing the first page of four. That means it was still submitted on October 8th and included a request for DNA sample that they already had?

This link references that indeed the cigar tip, the phone records, etc. were all part of that one search warrant. The warrant request was submitted on October 8th and approved October 15th. Clearly no hurry on any of it.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/27470933/court-documents-dna-links-matthew-to-harrington-case

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ouisie
Back