JMK....DNA, doesn't match

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yippee, some of you say, you aren't leaving this site. Sweet! WooHoo! :crazy:

Trino said:
Poor Karr. Now he's going to have to pay his way back to Thailand.
Nah, he will just confess to 'being with' somone else when they died in another country and get a free ride there. Then comes the book..."How I Spent My Summer Vacation" :p Or I like the 'How to Travel In 1st Class Book....' suggested by somone.

lilpony said:
Yippee, some of you say, you aren't leaving this site. Sweet! WooHoo! :crazy:
LOL! They will see we track all of the hurricanes in the Up To The Minute forum and flock over there, lol! :p

I still want to know who murdered her. Did the parents, I am not sure on that. Maybe because I just can't imagine parents abusing and killing their own child. I just can't go there. But I have been wrong before. If they did do it, they will never pay for it, unfortunately. Wait, a minute, I take that back. Maybe Patsy is paying right now, we don't know.:furious:

Seriously people, I really believe he will murder a child. This has been a 'high' for him and like any drug addict out there he'll try to duplicate this high or beat it. :mad:

can't he be declared insane by a judge and put in a mental hospital for the rest of his days?

I just CAN'T see setting him free???

If they drop the charges, then maybe the gag order will be dropped and John Karr will be allowed to explain himself freely in a press conference to the media, whether he was just with her "spiritually" or whatever. He must have some kind of explanation. Or maybe he'll then revert to the 2001 child *advertiser censored* case and Petaluma will be in charge of him.

I feel bad for his family, who seem to be just ordinary people, and some of them quite involved in the church; if he is just mentally ill, how hard this must have been for them.I have to admit I was touched by the video of his brother Nate and father Wexford insisting he could not have done it, that he just needs psychological help. I thought they were just out of touch with him...maybe they were right.

lilpony said:
I still want to know who murdered her. Did the parents, I am not sure on that. Maybe because I just can't imagine parents abusing and killing their own child. I just can't go there. But I have been wrong before. If they did do it, they will never pay for it, unfortunately. Wait, a minute, I take that back. Maybe Patsy is paying right now, we don't know.:furious:
Lilpony,
I know exactly what you mean. I was the same way during the Laci Peterson trial.
From the beginning I just could Not wrap my mind around a young man killing his beautiful pregnant wife. I just couldn't!
I knew in my heart that he must have done it but I didn't want him to have done it....I didn't/ couldn't face the magnitude of that thought. Little naive me kept thinking "No way could someone do that. No way would it be the person you love most, the person you trusted most. NO way! But, like I said, in my heart, and after so much evidence was presented, I knew what was right. Even then, I still couldn't wrap my mind around it. I am the same way with this case. Can't wrap my mind around parents being so cruel, so inhumane to their own child. And yet...

Amity said:
Lilpony,
I know exactly what you mean. I was the same way during the Laci Peterson trial.
From the beginning I just could Not wrap my mind around a young man killing his beautiful pregnant wife. I just couldn't!
I knew in my heart that he must have done it but I didn't want him to have done it....I didn't/ couldn't face the magnitude of that thought. Little naive me kept thinking "No way could someone do that. No way would it be the person you love most, the person you trusted most. NO way! But, like I said, in my heart, and after so much evidence was presented, I knew what was right. Even then, I still couldn't wrap my mind around it. I am the same way with this case. Can't wrap my mind around parents being so cruel, so inhumane to their own child. And yet...
What if he did it even though the dna is not a match? What if he was so careful, and the dna is just from the underwear factory. He'll go scot free and everything else gathered as evidence will just be circumstantial? What if the palm print matches? Are they going to ignore that? If the dna has to match, it really would be the perfect crime. He can't be tried again can he, even if they find absolute proof? Say a photo he took at the crime scene, in his possession, or a souvenir from the house. His lawyers can explain it all away forever, that he got all the stuff from corresponding with child killers and pedophiles. I just don't know. I wouldn't drop the case just yet, unless the "evidence" Lacy had was really just flimsy stuff. We've got to know what that evidence was.

This is been the mother of all hoaxes. We had Spade and his Burke did it theory (which I fell for at first), then Nancy Krebs and the pedo ring, then Annie Muss, and I am sure I am forgetting some. Sadly, no justice for JBR.

I said right away Karr was not likely the man - he's a kook, but it was entertaining.

aspidistra said:
If they drop the charges, then maybe the gag order will be dropped and John Karr will be allowed to explain himself freely in a press conference to the media, whether he was just with her "spiritually" or whatever. He must have some kind of explanation. Or maybe he'll then revert to the 2001 child *advertiser censored* case and Petaluma will be in charge of him.

I feel bad for his family, who seem to be just ordinary people, and some of them quite involved in the church; if he is just mentally ill, how hard this must have been for them.I have to admit I was touched by the video of his brother Nate and father Wexford insisting he could not have done it, that he just needs psychological help. I thought they were just out of touch with him...maybe they were right.

I had the same thought. I'm worried that the "thrill" and media attention he received during this sham will encourage him to actually go out and do the deed to some other poor child. The man is definitely a loose cannon, but I don't know if our courts have the power to lock him up or commit him based on what he might do. Perhaps his next of kin, whomever that might be, could have him committed.

BOULDER, Colorado (CNN) -- The DNA sample taken from suspect John Mark Karr does not match DNA found on JonBenet Ramsey's body and no charges will be filed against the schoolteacher who claimed he was with the child when she died, CNN affiliate KUSA reported.

KUSA, based in Denver, Colorado, quoted two sources in a bulletin on its Web site:

"9NEWS has confirmed from two sources that the DNA sample taken from John Mark Karr is not a match with the foreign DNA found on JonBenet Ramsey's body when she was murdered in 1996. 9NEWS has also learned the Boulder County District Attorney's office will not file charges against Karr in connection with the Ramsey case."

KUSA says other sources also confirm that no charges will be filed against Karr in connection with the Ramsey case by the Boulder County District Attorney's office.

CNN is working to independently confirm the report as Karr awaits his first court appearance in Colorado later Monday afternoon. Karr will appear before Judge Roxanne Bailin at 4:30 p.m. (6:30 p.m. ET).

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/08/28/ramsey.arrest/index.html

cappuccina said:
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Nope, not this girl.. :snooty: The media was all over this and I believe made it more than it is...

I am so NOT shocked by this.

I'll still donate my $50.00 to the Laci & Conner Rescue fund even though I was right.

gsquared said:
then Nancy Krebs and the pedo ring, QUOTE]

G2, we still do.

Nobody can't spit that far, from AL to CO thus no DNA match for Mary...

Anyone know the best kind of utensils to use when eating words? I'm fixin' to sit down to big heaping bowl of them....:doh:

i am NOT surprised, but extremely saddened. how totally incompetent are those people in boulder....have they not screwed up enough? i guess they needed one LAST HURRAH of incompetence...well, they can't top this one!
i guess john ramsey is NOT going to have to leave the country after all.

kelly london said:
i am NOT surprised, but extremely saddened. how totally incompetent are those people in boulder

Very incompetent, very much.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firefly64