Joanne Johnson, 93, murdered in her Augusta, Kansas home, September 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, I realize that. I think the daughter lied about the white guy and I think she lied about holding her hands over her friend's ears. But I do believe her friend couldn't stand the sounds....and that's why I suspect the daughter was the main perp.
I think she lied about the white guy, too.

And, the "white" descriptor makes me wonder if there was a racial motive to the killing. JMOO

It's hard for me to believe both girls had killing on their minds. I wish we knew the power/relationship dynamic. Was one the leader and the other the follower?

I'm stunned by the "unrecognizable" detail. That takes so much rage, JMOO. It seems as though there should have been signs before this. Did one or both of them injure animals? Were they raised in abusive environments?

Or born evil?

Reportedly, the father of one of the two girls said his daughter covered the ears of her friend's ears so she could not hear the assault. Right, because she's such a noble, protective friend...

That said, and disregarding the phantom white dude in the story, there's often a kernel of truth in a lie. I'm inclined to believe one girl was larger, stronger and the smaller of the two probable served as the photographer/videographer because age 14 today is all about snapchat and sharing/posting your experience.

Also, it doesn't appear the motive was robbery since nothing was missing from the home of the victim. JMO
Agreed. It almost sounds like a thrill killing. But they're so young.

Yes, I realize that. I think the daughter lied about the white guy and I think she lied about holding her hands over her friend's ears. But I do believe her friend couldn't stand the sounds....and that's why I suspect the daughter was the main perp.
I agree his daughter was likely the main perp, but I think this was clear in my initial post.

Reactions: GRT
I'm stunned by the "unrecognizable" detail. That takes so much rage, JMOO. It seems as though there should have been signs before this. Did one or both of them injure animals? Were they raised in abusive environments?

Or born evil?
I'm thinking that it wasn't rage, it was enjoyment.

Agreed. It almost sounds like a thrill killing. But they're so young.
I first thought these girls were on meth-- looking to rob a quiet home during the holiday weekend for a fix -- not expecting to find anybody home. But according to the latest info from the victim's son, nothing was taken or missing from the home. At age 13 (time of murder), maybe the parents should face charges too, similar to the school shooters. JMO

I also think it seems like a thrill kill. I really feel for the son who is the one who found her. I can't even imagine the shock.
I wonder if they scoped out her house in advance? Did they see her outside and think she'd be an easy target because she was old and frail?

Or was it a spur-of-the-moment, spontaneous thing?

Am I allowed to post their names? I know the media typically doesn't post the names of minors, but that doesn't extend to regular folks, does it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back