Jodi Arias Legal Question and Answer Thread *no discussion*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the court's cameras will be on (the FTR system). I don't know if the media cameras will be in the room.

the pics they showed were the same naked oivs as b4- nothing w/ her hands tied - they took the audio recording edited it to just travis talking and out the words on the screen - but she added a lot to the murder story, one point in now the gun was in a holster and other details thats why i wonder if martinez can recross and would it happen b4 or after the jury questions?

the pics they showed were the same naked oivs as b4- nothing w/ her hands tied - they took the audio recording edited it to just travis talking and out the words on the screen - but she added a lot to the murder story, one point in now the gun was in a holster and other details thats why i wonder if martinez can recross and would it happen b4 or after the jury questions?

oh and they entered a lot of new journal entries

Why is Det. Flores at the table with JM? Is this normal procedure in AZ...to have the detective there with the prosecutor?

During the questions review today, JM mentioned "401, 402, 403 concerns" today. What is that about?

During the questions review today, JM mentioned "401, 402, 403 concerns" today. What is that about?

I believe those are rules of evidence about extraneous bad acts by the defendant not being admissible. (e.g., the stalking and tire slashing)

ETA: Rules 401, 402, 403 pertain to relevance and its limitations - Juan said he thinks it's relevant but understands concerns about these Rules. My guess is the argument would be that the question would call for testimony that is too prejudicial to allow even if it's relevant.

Rule 401. Definition of “relevant evidence.”

Rule 402. Relevant evidence generally admissible; irrelevant evidence inadmissible

Rule 403. Exclusion of relevant evidence on grounds of prejudice, confusion, or waste of time

UNLEASH THE LAWYERS ----(sorry, couldn't resist :) )

Is it too late for Jodi to change her plea to GUILTY and, if she did so, would this trial go straight to the penalty phase with these jurors?

UNLEASH THE LAWYERS ----(sorry, couldn't resist :) )

Is it too late for Jodi to change her plea to GUILTY and, if she did so, would this trial go straight to the penalty phase with these jurors?

At this point, she might have to get permission from the judge to change her plea. I bet Juan would oppose it, and would want to put on his rebuttal case - which I believe the judge would allow.

These poor jurors DO NOT KNOW she's had all day to rehearse her answers do they! If I were a juror, and later found this out, I would be LIVID! Please settle me down and tell me they DO know she's been studying them all morning.. ?

These poor jurors DO NOT KNOW she's had all day to rehearse her answers do they! If I were a juror, and later found this out, I would be LIVID! Please settle me down and tell me they DO know she's been studying them all morning.. ?

Couldn't agree with you more. And the fact that she is now allowed to drone on and on and on......egad!!:banghead:

In a criminal trial involving death penalty in Arizonia, do you know if all 12 jurors have to be unanimous in their decision 1st degree with death? Or is it a majority vote?

In a criminal trial involving death penalty in Arizonia, do you know if all 12 jurors have to be unanimous in their decision 1st degree with death? Or is it a majority vote?

They have to be unanimous on guilt and on penalty.

HLN says they are adding more questions today - how long does this go on - til all the questions are answered or will the judge eventually put a stop to it?

Hi there!
I'm new here, so forgive me if this was already asked today.
During Jodi's answer reguarding why she took photos of the "Property of Travis" underwear she mentioned that people were saying she was "obsessed and stuff." My question is since she mentioned that, could it then "open the door" for the prosecution to bring in some of her stalking behaviors during the rebuttal?

Hi there!
I'm new here, so forgive me if this was already asked today.
During Jodi's answer reguarding why she took photos of the "Property of Travis" underwear she mentioned that people were saying she was "obsessed and stuff." My question is since she mentioned that, could it then "open the door" for the prosecution to bring in some of her stalking behaviors during the rebuttal?

I don't think so, and it seems Juan is being very careful about not bringing this up directly - presumably to avoid giving the defense grounds for appeal.

The fact that Travis' friends were saying she was "obsessed" was already made known to the jury through her interrogation tapes with Flores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mhmkay..