Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #89

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you get a chance to see the FB pic of all the info? The gas station e-mailed Juan that it was indeed THREE purchases of gas. YEAH!!!
Let me know if you need the link.

Really!!?? :great: I'd LOVE the link if you don't mind, but only if it's not a bother... that is AWESOME!

Please be prepared to move to thread #90 as this thread will close in five minutes...
lost_zpse629cab2.gif

Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #90 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Ok listen to this - from Nurmi's questioning Jodi about the gas cans and her bizarre behavior:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3tP_lXQcVbQ#t=1055s

Nurmi asks her why she chose to fill up at the pump on her way in to Mesa instead of using the gas that she had filed the extra cans with -- remember she said she filled up in Desert Center and again in Buckeye.

Listen to Jodi's answer -- she cannot remember which lie she's supposed to be telling because she gives an answer that has nothing at all to do with her trip to Mesa or why she filled up on the way. She gives an explanation about not knowing the route through Nevada on I-15 to Utah, and that she wanted to fill up her car first, rather than use the tanks because she was unfamiliar with those roads.

But that's not the route she took -- that was her alibi route when she was maintaining that she was never in Mesa. She took I-10 to Mesa which she had driven many times before, so her explanation based on a fictitious road trip from Pasadena to Utah does not have any bearing on what she actually did on her real murder route from Pasadena to Mesa.

She did not get gas in Desert Center or Buckeye - but rather than come up with a plausible lie to explain why she might have stopped in those places to get gas, she cannot remember which lie she is supposed to be telling -- so she veers off into the outdated "I was never there" lie and tells a lie within that context.

I do not know if this was pointed out or discussed by Juan - Nurmi just glossed right over it, maybe because he knows his client must be lying and there's nothing he can do about it after the wrong lie escaped her lips.
Oh geez. I hope Juan brings this up in rebuttal or closing just to put it right over the top!! I always want to e-mail Juan your posts because they are so great!

What makes you say that? I didn't watch redirect because I can't stand Nurmi.

I didn't watch this part when it actually happened - or at least I didn't get this far into it after losing patience with the endless sex testimony.

I haven't finished listening to this part yet, but a couple of things I have caught so far:

1. Her explanation about the three gas purchases in Pasadena make no sense whatsoever. The questions are nonsense from Nurmi, and he attempts to feed her the answer he wants with each question -- and even spitting Nurmi's answers back at him, it makes no sense whatsoever. There is no explanation for the three gas purchases other than Jodi having 3 gascans.

2. Her explanation for why she initially bought the third gas can and then why she returned it an hour later after getting Starbucks is also nonsensical. I'll have to go back and listen to that part again to be more specific, but when I heard it - I immediately thought, that does not make sense. It was like some bizarre nonsequitur, but I'll go listen again and tell you more specifically.

3. Like I just posted above, when Nurmi asks her why she got gas at gas stations in Desert Center and Buckeye, rather than using the extra 10 gallons in her trunk -- she forgets which lie she's telling and gives an explanation based on her fictional trip from Pasadena to Utah on I-15 .. she reverted to the "I was never in Arizona" rather than explaining her actions on her real trip from Pasadena to Mesa.

Katie is posting now!!! On her thread.....come on over....see you there!

Ok listen to this - from Nurmi's questioning Jodi about the gas cans and her bizarre behavior:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3tP_lXQcVbQ#t=1055s

Nurmi asks her why she chose to fill up at the pump on her way in to Mesa instead of using the gas that she had filed the extra cans with -- remember she said she filled up in Desert Center and again in Buckeye.

Listen to Jodi's answer -- she cannot remember which lie she's supposed to be telling because she gives an answer that has nothing at all to do with her trip to Mesa or why she filled up on the way. She gives an explanation about not knowing the route through Nevada on I-15 to Utah, and that she wanted to fill up her car first, rather than use the tanks because she was unfamiliar with those roads.

But that's not the route she took -- that was her alibi route when she was maintaining that she was never in Mesa. She took I-10 to Mesa which she had driven many times before, so her explanation based on a fictitious road trip from Pasadena to Utah does not have any bearing on what she actually did on her real murder route from Pasadena to Mesa.

She did not get gas in Desert Center or Buckeye - but rather than come up with a plausible lie to explain why she might have stopped in those places to get gas, she cannot remember which lie she is supposed to be telling -- so she veers off into the outdated "I was never there" lie and tells a lie within that context.

I do not know if this was pointed out or discussed by Juan - Nurmi just glossed right over it, maybe because he knows his client must be lying and there's nothing he can do about it after the wrong lie escaped her lips.

I think the time frame she's talking about was before she supposedly talked to Travis and decided to go to Mesa right?

Does anyone have any ideas/speculation about what Jodi did in the 1 minute 16 seconds between the foot picture and the dragging picture? Theory-wise this is one big fog for me (harhar). I need your thoughts to fill in this blank because I can't figure it out. the best I can come up with is that this is where she dropped the knife and screamed. Yes, I think she did this, but I don't think it was a "oh my god what did I just do" scream. I think it was a stress release/adrenaline-fueled scream.

Maybe she took this time to catch her breath and figure out what to do next. I dunno.

I think the time frame she's talking about was before she supposedly talked to Travis and decided to go to Mesa right?

Nope, listen to it from that starting point. He specifically asks her why she fills up in Desert Center and Buckeye on the way into Mesa, as opposed to using the gas in the extra cans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro