Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #90

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the "new" crime scene photos available anywhere?

Kind of off topic but something the Jury asked Jodi:

Day 28 - March 6, 2013

One juror wanted to know why it had taken Arias two years to admit to killing 28-year-old Alexander at his Mesa home.
She responded: 'I was deeply ashamed, I was horrified with myself. A lot of people believed in my stupid story, I felt fraudulent.
'It started off as a secret that I wanted to take to my grave with me... but it became a really yucky feeling inside.'

Jury: "Would you decide to tell the truth if you never got arrested?"
Arias: "I honestly don't know the answer to that question."

This is powerful to me but I'd like to know what y'all think. This shows no remorse to me.

Now see, I think Jodi used Travis' own word "yucky" in regards in his text about her actions and behavior, think when he called her a sociopath. ...when she probably was making up some story about Marie and hacking his FB. Travis, imho, threatens to expose Jodi for the monster she is..and she cannot have that, she'll show him about taking secrets to the grave. moo

If you mean the one where he's sitting in the shower with his back against the stall wall and his head doesn't appear in the photo I think the attack occurred right after that photo was taken. There are no wounds nor blood at that time, and the next photo is not a purposeful one (the one of the bathroom ceiling) where she would have dropped the camera to start the attack and the photo taking button was depressed by the camera impacting the floor.

It's an awkward pose because he was a big guy, and the shower stall didn't leave much room for sitting.
And a really awkward position for a left hander like Jodi to stab him. She did end up with a cut on her left hand, so we know she did use her left hand for the stabbings.

Regarding the new evidence pictures, I find the whole array of knives in the last shots (starting at pic 171) somewhat eerie.

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/01/03/jodi-arias-evidence-photos-nancy-grace-mysteries-day-4

Especially the very last picture with a single knife and an evidence marker beside it. The pictures show that there were two knives in the dishwasher at the time of the police investigation.

Now, I think it's easiest to assume that she would have dropped the knife that was the murder weapon somewhere with the gun, to get rid of incriminating blood evidence on it. Yet all she mentions is disposing of the gun and the rope, and allegedly The Fog makes her not remember what she did with the knife.

Yet on direct, she said something along the lines of "I might have put it in the dishwasher" - another of those open, indefinite answers she gives. On cross, she refused to make any kind of definite statement about what happened to the knife, saying she didn't remember.

Since it wasn't found at the murder scene, she either cleaned the knife and left it at the house, or she took it with her and disposed of it.

If her story were true (which I don't believe for a second), the knife came from Travis' household, and since it was determined that no knives were missing from the kitchen (however that is determined, maybe they owned one big set of cutlery? There is a picture of one block of knives in the kitchen, maybe those were all the pointy and sharp knives in the household, thus making it easy to identify if one was missing), the murder weapon must be one of knives in the dishwasher.

Unless the knife was one she brought along on her trip like she (IMO) did the gun, it seems to me like she was telling the truth when she said she might have put the knife in the dishwasher afterwards. Maybe just like she hoped the bleach and water would destroy the evidence on the camera, she thought running the bloody knife through the dishwasher would get rid of all the blood and prints on it. And unlike with the camera she was right, because the pictures prove that the knives were looked at by the police, and if one of them had shown traces of blood, we would know about it.

Maybe my mind is giong in too many circles around this one so that I don't see the obvious answer, but I find the thought that one of the knives in those pictures could be the murder weapon very eerie indeed.

Good point. So they are not the same photo but he's in the same position.

Someone attempted to do a paste of the two photos, I guess to show that he was in the same position, but I don't know how certain it is that he was in the same position for both photos.

They are different photos, taken at different times, as the timestamps prove.

Regarding the new evidence pictures, I find the whole array of knives in the last shots (starting at pic 171) somewhat eerie.

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/01/03/jodi-arias-evidence-photos-nancy-grace-mysteries-day-4

Especially the very last picture with a single knife and an evidence marker beside it. The pictures show that there were two knives in the dishwasher at the time of the police investigation.

Now, I think it's easiest to assume that she would have dropped the knife that was the murder weapon somewhere with the gun, to get rid of incriminating blood evidence on it. Yet all she mentions is disposing of the gun and the rope, and allegedly The Fog makes her not remember what she did with the knife.

Yet on direct, she said something along the lines of "I might have put it in the dishwasher" - another of those open, indefinite answers she gives. On cross, she refused to make any kind of definite statement about what happened to the knife, saying she didn't remember.

Since it wasn't found at the murder scene, she either cleaned the knife and left it at the house, or she took it with her and disposed of it.

If her story were true (which I don't believe for a second), the knife came from Travis' household, and since it was determined that no knives were missing from the kitchen (however that is determined, maybe they owned one big set of cutlery? There is a picture of one block of knives in the kitchen, maybe those were all the pointy and sharp knives in the household, thus making it easy to identify if one was missing), the murder weapon must be one of knives in the dishwasher.

Unless the knife was one she brought along on her trip like she (IMO) did the gun, it seems to me like she was telling the truth when she said she might have put the knife in the dishwasher afterwards. Maybe just like she hoped the bleach and water would destroy the evidence on the camera, she thought running the bloody knife through the dishwasher would get rid of all the blood and prints on it. And unlike with the camera she was right, because the pictures prove that the knives were looked at by the police, and if one of them had shown traces of blood, we would know about it.

Maybe my mind is giong in too many circles around this one so that I don't see the obvious answer, but I find the thought that one of the knives in those pictures could be the murder weapon very eerie indeed.

The knives in the dish washer were too small to have made those wounds.

Because I think she peppers her lies about the murder with moments of truth.

Here's my :twocents:, beeshie:

This is in no way an attempt to give JA any benefit whatsoever, and certainly not meant to mitigate anything having to do with her actions, but:

I think her story about the ninjas does have a few grains of truth because I do think some of the things she said that the ninjas did -- she did. I think she drew on what really happened to TA (at her hand, of course) did happen the way she described what "they" did to him.

I don't think she interlaced some of the "facts" of the horrible story she told to tell a little bit of the truth so as to unload her mind of the horrible things she did -- thereby being a little more human, etc., -- it was just as she was getting wound up in the ninja story, all she could think of was what actually happened.

There may be a few more words of truth in some things she said, but if so, they would be so rare, that we prolly wouldn't recognize them in the drone of her blatant & cruel & self-serving lies, lies, lies, lies, lies.
icon8.gif

And that's JMHO. I could be talked out of thinking that, however, in a flash if someone disagreed with what I said and convinces me that I am wrong! I would be happy to lose that argument.
icon11.gif

Bringing my post from the last thread over here:

Does anyone have any ideas/speculation about what Jodi did in the 1 minute 16 seconds between the foot picture and the dragging picture? Theory-wise this is one big fog for me (harhar). I need your thoughts to fill in this blank because I can't figure it out. the best I can come up with is that this is where she dropped the knife and screamed. Yes, I think she did this, but I don't think it was a "oh my god what did I just do" scream. I think it was a stress release/adrenaline-fueled scream.

Maybe she took this time to catch her breath and figure out what to do next. I dunno.

possibly tended to the finger she injured (sliced tendon?) while stabbing Travis?

Paper wing. Here's the link. It's also now in the timeline thread.
I am just SO excited about it, I keep telling people who know nothing about the case. lol

http://twitdoc.com/view.asp?id=8771...ou2&doc=130584150&key=key-hb2cd47xqwsl27yy2o0

arghh :great::great:

ive stayed away from anything jodi pretty much all weekend apart from watching the start of trial again,can anyone tell me what i've missed,if anything?

cannot wait for those two witness!!
go juan

The knives in the dish washer were too small to have made those wounds.

The knife that she would have had to use to cut his throat had to be very, very sharp, and that's a detail I doubt she left to chance. I believe that she brought her own knife, one that she had sharpened to be certain that it would do the job that she planned to do.

And I believe that she disposed of that knife when she disposed of the gun.

I don't believe for one moment that she put her knife in the dishwasher. Just another wild goose chase for the jurors' brains to try and follow.

With all that blood and a mutilated body upstairs, she is going to take the time to go into the kitchen with a murder weapon in her hands? She had to be ever conscious of the risk of a room mate returning.

There would have been some blood evidence in that kitchen if she did. Look at the blood smears she missed on the washing machine, and it's almost impossible to believe that she didn't have blood dripping from her cut finger.

This is all just my opinion.

Here's my :twocents:, beeshie:

This is in no way an attempt to give JA any benefit whatsoever, and certainly not meant to mitigate anything having to do with her actions, but:

I think her story about the ninjas does have a few grains of truth because I do think some of the things she said that the ninjas did -- she did. I think she drew on what really happened to TA (at her hand, of course) did happen the way she described what "they" did to him.

I don't think she interlaced some of the "facts" of the horrible story she told to tell a little bit of the truth so as to unload her mind of the horrible things she did -- thereby being a little more human, etc., -- it was just as she was getting wound up in the ninja story, all she could think of was what actually happened.

There may be a few more words of truth in some things she said, but if so, they would be so rare, that we prolly wouldn't recognize them in the drone of her blatant & cruel & self-serving lies, lies, lies, lies, lies.
icon8.gif

And that's JMHO. I could be talked out of thinking that, however, in a flash if someone disagreed with what I said and convinces me that I am wrong! I would be happy to lose that argument.
icon11.gif

if she was able to weave some truth into the ninja story, she must not have been in a fog!:screwy:

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Yes! We have been celebrating that all day. :D
Wondering if Nurmi would have the guts to recall Arias and let her make up another fable about the 3rd gas can ... like maybe she took one out of Travis' garage ? The same gas can Travis used to fill up his lawnmower to mow his non-existent lawn ? Or maybe fill up the jet-ski he didn't own ?

arghh :great::great:

ive stayed away from anything jodi pretty much all weekend apart from watching the start of trial again,can anyone tell me what i've missed,if anything?

cannot wait for those two witness!!
go juan

Katie's magical day. Goto Her thread and read all about it.

I don't believe for one moment that she put her knife in the dishwasher. Just another wild goose chase for the jurors' brains to try and follow.

With all that blood and a mutilated body upstairs, she is going to take the time to go into the kitchen with a murder weapon in her hands? She had to be ever conscious of the risk of a room mate returning.

There would have been some blood evidence in that kitchen if she did. Look at the blood smears she missed on the washing machine, and it's almost impossible to believe that she didn't have blood dripping from her cut finger.

This is all just my opinion.

her blood on the Palm print on wall proves that she had a cut!

Yes, why not pick up a replacement phone charger at Walmart, or at any of the service stations where she filled up? They cost around $10, as if you wouldn't.

Not that anyone believes her anyway, everyone sees straight through her to the truth, no problem whatsoever.

Arias will say that the Helio required a special type of charger only available at the only CVS store on the planet Jupiter. Oh, wait ... the Helio was lost for (2) years after the 5/10 sex tape ... or was it ?

I am confused and I am sorry if this sounds dumb b/c it's been answered. I understand what you guys are getting out with the text TA sent about never wanting to talk to her again and how she is evil etc. But I thought I saw that that happened in April. He was obviously fine with her in May when she was recording the sex tape W/O his knowledge (for any of you jodi lovers). Do I have my dates wrong? Also, does the jury know that the day Jodi was arrested she had a gun and all those knives (????? maybe she was going to go to culinary school before she committed suicide) and that the gun was in the engine of the car?

I think that text was sent on May 28. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michavery