Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #90

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still cannot figure out her logic of putting the camera in the washer, instead of taking it. She might have thought if she took it, she would had to take the box too...and her being such a "professional photographer" and all, Travis' room-mates would have reported the camera stolen and bingo, Jodi. Cause in Jodi's world, she doesn't stalk or isn't possessive ...that was Travis. Doncha know?

Addendum: under the above theory, she may have planned on taking it, but simply couldn't find it once it was time to go. I don't think so though, I think she thought deleting them would be enough.

So do you think she would have taken the camera or thought deleting pics would have destroyed the "evidence"? Box still is there for cops to find beside the bed.

ITA,i mean it doesn't exactly look good that IMO she was attempting to flee when she was arrested (has anyone worked out what the plane ticket was on her bank statement yet?) and just so happens that there is a gun and knives in her car when the crime she has been arrested for committing included a brutal murder with a knife and gun.
The consensus is that the plane ticket was for Arias to travel to Travis' memorial service, but that is not proven yet.

Kind of off topic but something the Jury asked Jodi:

Day 28 - March 6, 2013

One juror wanted to know why it had taken Arias two years to admit to killing 28-year-old Alexander at his Mesa home.
She responded: 'I was deeply ashamed, I was horrified with myself. A lot of people believed in my stupid story, I felt fraudulent.
'It started off as a secret that I wanted to take to my grave with me... but it became a really yucky feeling inside.'

Jury: "Would you decide to tell the truth if you never got arrested?"
Arias: "I honestly don't know the answer to that question."

This is powerful to me but I'd like to know what y'all think. This shows no remorse to me.

Why would Jody be deeply ashamed and horrified of killing Travis? Wasn't it supposed to be self defense?? IMO anyone who is legally defending themselves against an attack would never, ever feel ashamed of fighting for their own life.

So do you think she would have taken the camera or thought deleting pics would have destroyed the "evidence"? Box still is there for cops to find beside the bed.

i think it could have possibly got wrapped up in the bedding etc when she picked it all up to put in the washer on her way out,and she never realized that it was gone until it came to disposing of the gun and what not.

I think she would have left it, but who can know for sure?

Why would Jody be deeply ashamed and horrified of killing Travis? Wasn't it supposed to be self defense?? IMO anyone who is legally defending themselves against an attack would never, ever feel ashamed of fighting for their own life.

great question, I guess she was turning Travis' allegations about her and using on him! He was going to blow the whistle on the sociopath. Sometimes I wonder if the one behind the camera, taking pics of little kids/ babies isn't the real perv>>>>Jodi.

The prevailing theory is that she didn't mean to do so. Probably picked it up, deleted photos and tossed it on the bed. Then, in her sweep of the bedroom, she hurriedly bundles the bedding to throw in the wash, catching the camera up in the sheets, which she then shoves in the wash.

I am torn between your thoughts Schuby and also one that I saw yesterday. I'm going to find it. Hold that thought :wink:

Here is a listing of all the angry emails Travis sent to JA in order by date. To me they show a very telling premeditated tale.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

March 30, 2008 – A text message exchange took place, during which Alexander told Arias he did not want to get another text message from her unless she gave him an apology for exposing him to all the drama in her life.

April 2008 - Burns testified that he first met Arias at a PrePaid Legal convention in Oklahoma in April 2008. A few weeks after that initial meeting, Burns and Arias were chatting on the phone three to five times a week.

April 2008 - Arias moved from Arizona to California. That same month, Alexander posted a blog entry stating, "This Year will be the Best year of my life. This is the year that will eclipse all others. I will earn more, learn more, travel more, serve more, love more, give more and be more than all the other years of my life combined."

April 2008 - Another text conversation that was examined in court took place after Arias moved from Arizona to California. During that conversation, Alexander told Arias to not contact him and warned her that things could get "real bad for her."
"Bitter feelings brewing in me towards you," Alexander wrote in an April 2008 text message to Arias. "I'm sick of having days ruined by you. If it keeps up, I fear I'll have a genuine dislike for you. I'm asking you before it gets to that, to stop doing it, before I start seeking revenge."

April 2008
- These are all FROM Travis TO JA
Do not call me. And do not text me anything. The next thing I want is this michelle K that is friends with Elena(?) that nobody knows but knows details about my life. Not one other thing ever. Until you have that information. Its 15 minutes it would take to get the info. But you won't take 15 minutes... you have that information. its 15 minutes it would take to get the info. But you won't take 15 minutes. Why because it is an Fing lie. So either text me that you are ready to tell the truth or give me your imaginary friend with the worst BS story you have ever told or leave me alone. Its a lie like no other. It is freaking foolish. There is no way out of it, you have screwed up your story so bad you can't mend it. You are caught. When will you realize that. I do not know. You have til tomorrow. To have me this persons information before I tell all of the hughes' leslie udy, the freemans, your parents and anyone else that matters about all the crazy things you have done. So either fess up or feel the wrath. No matter how bad the truth is I promise you the punishment will be better than the lie. This is worse than your magical email that a mysterious man you've never seen before wrote for you. You insult me by thinking ill believe such crap. nothing else from you til the truth. I already know your lying so why continue. After tomorrow, its gonna get real bad for you. Time to spit it out.

May 03, 2008 – Ryan Burns and Arias exchange numerous flirtatious emails including conversations about her visiting him soon and her not playing hard to get.

May 10, 2008 - Arias posted the last entry to her online blog. It reads, in part: "I cannot ignore that there is an ever-present yearning and desire that pulses within me. It throbs for gratification and fulfillment."
That same day, according to prosecutors, Alexander sent this text to Arias: "Why don't you have him come and f--k you in the woods, I can only imagine you are so worried about me reading. You are paranoid because you have no respect for people privacy and you dare insult me of all people. Someone you should through your actions you hate more than love by denying me a human right of privacy countless times. You have a lot of freaking nerve. We are all not like you in that aspect."

May 18, 2008 - Alexander posted the last entry, titled "Why I want to marry a Gold Digger," to his online blog. It reads, in part: "I did a little soul searching and realized that I was lonely ... I realized it was time to adjust my priorities and date with marriage in mind ... This type of dating to me is like a very long job interview and can be exponentially more mentally taxing. Desperately trying to find out if my date has an axe murderer penned up inside of her."

May 26, 2008 - These 3 are all part of one long text, no replies from JA in between:

05/26/08 at 07:59:15am
I sent you a response to your dire conversation, that I hope you read because you need to read it. Maybe it will spark human emotion in you, something that only seems to exist when it comes to your own problems. But everyone else is just a part of your sick agenda. By the way, your pic comment to Danny Jones makes you look like a pure *advertiser censored*, even more to
the people who know you. You should be embarrassed by it. If he knew what I knew
about you he'd spit in ur face. Sow could everyone else. I have never never in my life been hurt so bad by someone. But why do I even say it because you don't care. It doesn't serve your evilness.

05/26/08 at 08:35:02am

You couldn't get off your lazy butt to read it could you. That's the sociopath (I) know so well. it freakin figures

05/26/08 at 09:11:11am

I don't want your apology I want you to understand what I think of you. I want you to understand how evil I think you are. You are the worst thing that ever happened to me.

May 28, 2008 - Yreka, California, police officer Kevin Friedman investigated a robbery (reported theft of a .25 caliber gun, $30 in cash, a stereo and a DVD player ) at the house of Arias’ grandparents on May 28, 2008, just a few days before Alexander was killed.

May 28, 2008 - Ryan Burns testified that towards the end of May 2008, he and Arias had made plans for her to visit his home in West Jordan, Utah.

June 2008 - During the first week of June, Alexander told friends that he suspected Arias had hacked into his Facebook account. He allegedly said that he told her to stay out of his life forever.

June 2, 2008 - Arias, according to police, picked up a vehicle from Budget Rent-a-Car in Redding, Calif.

The consensus is that the plane ticket was for Arias to travel to Travis' memorial service, but that is not proven yet.

Didn't she purchase the airline ticket before the murder? Might be way off base, but is it possible Jodi bought it for an accomplice? Someone could have driven with her from CA to Mesa and left from the airport.

IMO, if you look at the fact that Arias had a 9mm gun and knives in the rental car when arrested, it is highly likely that she came armed to Travis' house with both a gun and knives.

Bombshell tonight. Just revealed, Arias busted, set to run, go on the lam just before cops slap on the cuffs. We learn Arias`s grandparents` house under secret police surveillance, cops watching Arias pack and load boxes to flee. Packed, two knives and a secret .9-millimeter gun, hidden so well only found when her rental car was finally serviced.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1301/22/ng.01.html

Random thoughts:

1. Gas cans. JA is a self-admitted 'road trip' junkie. Did JM ever ask JA if she carried extra containers of gasoline on all of her previous sojourns around the country before and after she met Travis? Or was it just the 'Murder Travis road trip' that she suddenly developed a fear of running out of gas in the middle of the night in the middle of the desert?

2. 'Inadvertent' shoe picture. Has it been determined if JA was wearing socks or shoes in the infamous photo where she is standing over a mortally wounded Travis? I have viewed that photo dozens of times and it looks like it could be a shoe. Could she have put socks over her shoes? It's unlikely that she would be wearing shoes...for obvious reasons. Then again, she's not the brightest bulb...

3. Premeditation: Can 'premeditation' before and during the road trip to murder Travis be thrown off the table due to the fact that JA alleges there were 2 sex episodes after she arrived? It would, of course, be back on the table during the 100 plus seconds it took to murder Travis, i.e. the gun AND the knife. The fact that JA only 'remembers' the gun episode is a blatant attempt to eliminate premeditation.

If I was a juror, I would dismiss ALL of her testimony, and that of Dr. Quacko. The fact remains that JA is a pathological liar who murdered Travis in cold blood.

Question - why were the towels etc from the washer still bloody (red)? I missed that part early on but saw some of the photos. TIA.

Addendum: under the above theory, she may have planned on taking it, but simply couldn't find it once it was time to go. I don't think so though, I think she thought deleting them would be enough.

I'm back Schuby :seeya:

Respectivly snipped from JusticeJunkie

She fancied herself a professional photographer, but she had no idea how digital data are stored and recovered.

I'll bet she knows now and would like a do-over.

Question - why were the towels etc from the washer still bloody (red)? I missed that part early on but saw some of the photos. TIA.

Can you post a link or photo? In the pictures I've seen they looked brown, with the marbling effect of sitting in a damp washing machine for 9 days.

i don't think she ever planned on taking it. she was trying to get away with this, and stealing his brand new camera, that everyone knew he had, would have made people point the finger at her even more, IMO. she knew she couldn't take it, but she didn't want those pictures to survive so she did what she thought would destroy them. she even said almost as much---she said she believed it would take 'a lot of money' to recover the photos.

i also think the whole camera thing wasn't well thought out by her. but once the murder happened, that camera HAD to be covered with blood, and some of it was hers. she improvised on the spot with the washer and bleach, IMO.

I'm back Schuby :seeya:

Respectivly snipped from JusticeJunkie

She fancied herself a professional photographer, but she had no idea how digital data are stored and recovered.

I'll bet she knows now and would like a do-over.

I don't get it, it seems like Justice is saying the same thing?

i don't think she ever planned on taking it. she was trying to get away with this, and stealing his brand new camera, that everyone knew he had, would have made people point the finger at her even more, IMO. she knew she couldn't take it, but she didn't want those pictures to survive so she did what she thought would destroy them. she even said almost as much---she said she believed it would take 'a lot of money' to recover the photos.

i also think the whole camera thing wasn't well thought out by her. but once the murder happened, that camera HAD to be covered with blood, and some of it was hers. she improvised on the spot with the washer and bleach, IMO.

I agree about the blood, it's entirely possible it was intentional. It's one of those things we'll never know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Isla_lei