Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #90

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really like the HLN After Dark thing. Seems like they are doing flip flops to get away from the fact that they were blasted for their trial coverage with all the commercials, etc. Besides, me thinks they read and steal WS folks ideas. Ha.

WHaaaaaat???? How is HE in on this? Oh no. Just no. That's just wrong. Now I hate it.

Yep, they invited him to "defend" JA. I refuse to give that man any of my time. Ryan Smith has already said they've taken a lot of heat for including him. You don't say, Ryan!

I think I am probably in the wrong thread, and apologize in advance, but I was just listening to the taped phone sex and to me it sounds like she used some type of audio software to splice together pieces of different conversations. I think this might be what Travis was talking about being scammed. she could have used something as simple as Audacity.

If that were a doctored tape, it would be really easy to prove that with an expert on rebuttal.

That would be dynamite! [But, prolly too expensive].

IMO

WHaaaaaat???? How is HE in on this? Oh no. Just no. That's just wrong. Now I hate it.

Oh yeah the minute Vinnie and others announced his appearance and talking as though Bozo was THE most important guest...I changed the channel in lieu of smashing the TV screen.

I have always wondered how “history” will treat this trial and JA. To be sure she is one of the most sinister and reprehensible female murders we have encountered in the recent past. The fact that JA has spent 4 years in masterminding an elaborate lie and making the state of Arizona pay for this grotesque concoction are particularly galling. Also the fact that JA spent over ONE month on the stand blatantly lying to the jury and world at large has to be unprecedented.

I would wager that history will not be kind to the defense team. Arizona residents will not be happy that millions of their dollars were spent in presenting this preposterous claim that JA is a “victim” of post traumatic stress and that she is NOT responsible for butchering TA because she cannot “remember” butchering him. I assume this AZ trial will be a rare instance where the felon initially annihilates the victim with a knife and gun and then is given the opportunity to repeat the annihilation a second time using a broad character assassination and suggestion that the victim is really at fault.

The audacity of this case is boundless and breathtaking.

You got that right, sister!

There is something hinky about the tape. Jodi did say the phone had the ability to stop & start. Was that in case there were obvious breaks in the conversation? At the beginning of the tape, Travis states his first and last name. HUH? The phone was not found untll two years later, gave someone else a chance to edit it in Jodi's favor??

The one thing about the tape I remember clearly thinking during the time it was played was that any talk of sex and fantasies was lead to by JA. He was seemingly tired and spoke about trips and things and then she would lead him to 'remember that time in the bathtub'...blahblahblah blah.

I don't really think the tape was in JA's favor personally. It seemed like it was just as damaging to her as it was to TA ethics/morals. It seemed like she was all in too.

Kelly

Truth Detector
I see from your last post that she did two loads of laundry. I am seeing this for the first time. jmo

I'd be freaked out if I knew! How badly I slaughtered someone! Than to drag them around! Geez it takes one cold wench!

That's one part that really gets to me, if she actually killed him in self defense why wouldn't she be freaked out and call 911? Instead, she does all that she did, I really think the jury will give her murder 1 and death.

But if there WAS an accomplice, she wouldn't be able to disclose him/her because that would go to premeditation, right? Ya never know ... maybe there was some truth to the Ninja story ... she was the girl and the accomplice was the guy.

Just messin witcha .... but nothing would surprise me in this trial.

Who could she know who would actually do such a disgusting thing with her and why? It would have to be someone she has plenty on or someone just as deranged as herself.
I believe she was alone. If and that is a big if someone was with her she will spit it out after she is convicted.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I can't stand the notion of this guy being on the stand for any more time.

Me neither however didn't you sit there when he spoke, saying WTH??????? I did and so it would appear did the jury. :great:

I'd be willing to bet the jury have lived lives that include high stress, exposure to hot and cold showers and physical exertion and they're thinking the man is a little bit of a quack IMO. For those of us of the belief that although not legally insane, JA is totally.... insane for the lack of a diagnosis, which he couldn't or didn't provide either. We'll see. The questions they ask will be very interesting and telling.

Truth Detector
I see from your last post that she did two loads of laundry. I am seeing this for the first time. jmo

Me too. I was under the impression that the sheets and things were put in the washer by TA after the sex. While JA was in the shower.
JA had to move them to the dryer to put int he towels etc.

Kelly

I've had my doubts about the sex tape too. She didn't have to doctor it, she could have just stopped after parts/pause and restart recording whenever. We did it with our son's ex-wife with the phone and a regular recorder. Not manipulating mind you, just not recording the mundane stuff so as not to make tapes too long.

I'd like to pose a question to the psychopathy/sociopathy experts on the forum (Britskate I do think you're around and anyone else).

For just this one question. Did she leave the camera on purpose or accident based just on her disorder in your opinion? And how does that fit?

That is one niggling thing I can't land on an opinion about. Tia...if you get a moment I know you've already hashed and rehashed this but I'd just like to get a clear sense on this based on the sociopathy aspect.

When was he on Greta? Not talking about this case?????

Gus Searcy was on Greta last night.

Gus explained his take on the killing, which was that JA was verbally abusive and controlling. He knew this, he says, because as her mentor, she confided in him twice per week via phone.

He said he assumed that Travis lost his temper, Jodi defended herself, and TA ended up dead.

He also said that JA did not bring a gun with her to Mesa.

He believed this, he said, because Travis slept after sex. And so if JA had brought a gun, she would have simply shot him as he slept.

In other words, just Gus being Gus.

I don't really like the HLN After Dark thing. Seems like they are doing flip flops to get away from the fact that they were blasted for their trial coverage with all the commercials, etc. Besides, me thinks they read and steal WS folks ideas. Ha.

I think that show is just plain silly. The first time I watched it, they had Judge Joe Brown on as an "expert" ... I chuckled and said ... "Why not just have that ridiculous Larry Seidlin on" ... the follwoing night... THEY DID. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member