Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #26 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a harsh judgement. I'm not sure if this is lost in translation or what. Or maybe I have the definition wrong. Or maybe I should slap my English instructor. I don't know, what I do know is I too have grappled with my religion vs what felt good and behaved hypocritical as a result. Many, many, many people have, but thankfully, no one took advantage of me the way Jodi took advantage of Travis. I think he was getting back on track and winning the internal battle and that's why Jodi killed him, because he had the strength of character to overcome his lust.

IMO

For Southern Baptist it is called "backsliding"... I am sure every religion recognizes that we are all just human beings. We are far from being perfect. We can NEVER BE perfect. The only thing we can try for is to follow the principles and teachings of our belief system. Travis was a human first. A man second. I am sure the Mormon church recognizes that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

So in my opinion, his "sin" in no way equals the ultimate penalty = death. Who could even think it could? What would equal killing someone else? Self defense against lethal force? Or trying to save yourself from yet another beating by someone after much, MUCH, brutal and excessive abuse. Now, I am sure JA is going to concoct the most horrendous story about the day of the murder. So get ready everybody. Or it might be something as silly as "I dropped his camera, he yelled at me. I felt that the master was attacking me." GMAB.

All of this other dirtying up of Travis's reputation is just noise to take away from the fact that she killed him in premeditated cold blood. It should not be happening, but with our justice system unfortunately the perp can say just about anything about a dead victim. Sad, sad, sad.

Can Mormons be pretty aggressive about recruiting people?

Just curious because it seems like JA changed her religion a lot for men. Just wondering if she misinterpreted Travis introducing his faith to her as him having serious feelings for her when it might just be what they do.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

There are quite a few pictures of them traveling to different places in the US. It is hard to say what their relationship was.

I find it curious that Jodi lived in and was exposed to mega money that she was so impressed with eating at some fancy dinner.

I still do not understand why she didn't hook up with some rich guy like Anna Nicole Smith did. She certainly saw the men and life style where she lived.

Jewels, vacations, shopping on Rodeo Drive. Maybe she was going that route since she did get her boob job.

Ok, so I'm going to post two images, one from the trial and one marked-up by me to try to show her foot:

From the trial:
dwszv7.jpg

Marked-up:
34zdpxx.jpg

Large black circle - entire foot
Small tall black circle - the white stripe on her pants
the red circle - the hem of the athletic pants
blue circle - her foot (in a shoe) from about mid-foot to her toes.

Hope this helps. If not, try to enlarge the top photo so you can back away a bit to see if you can see it. :)

I still can not see where she is on the photo that shows her pants and foot I have tried and tried but just not seeing it old age and bad eyes I guess but I did not mean to open a link last night and it had photos I had never seen and I had trouble sleeping after seeing just how bad it was. Overkill Major Overkill I pray the jury seals her fate and Travis and his family gets some sort of Justice.

Compare these two photos for perspective, its the same "pose"...

30muzdl.png

attachment.php

princesspjs . . . thank you for posting that picture . . . .one of our dear WS'rs actually re-created this and side by side it really helps .. . .

I liked how someone said . . . pretend you are peeking over from the back of a couch (or laying on the floor) . . . .

the "foot" is TA's in the distance . . . . you are looking from laying @ the top of TA's head - he is laying out in front of you and his foot is in the far distance . . . (JA's pantleg (with the stripe) and foot are in the foreground.

That makes sense. But wasn't another woman supposed to go with him? I was wondering if she tried to contact him. Or maybe JA sent her a text cancelling?

I hope I am correct....one of the friends that found Travis was the young lady (Mimi?) that was going to Cancun with Travis as a friend. She had been waiting to hear from him regarding specifics of the trip, and when it became very close to the date of their departure and she still hcould net get in touch with him she called another friend and they went to his home and found him. I believe she was the young lady that made the original 911 call.

That's what I thought.

That's what I thought too. The gun was discovered in the engine compartment of the rental care while being serviced in San Francisco area.
Some months after her arrest. IIRC

Can Mormons be pretty aggressive about recruiting people?

Just curious because it seems like JA changed her religion a lot for men. Just wondering if she misinterpreted Travis introducing his faith to her as him having serious feelings for her when it might just be what they do.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I am not sure about all Mormons but I do know very aggressive in my case I had visits every week from no less than 3 usually 2 men and a women I just so happen to know her daughter threw my sister they came to my home for months even though I have no problem letting people know enough is enough they continued to the point of coming into my home and talking to my 12yr old son and giving him a bible and talking to him which I did not appreciate I was not home at the time so needless to say they never returned after this BUT I am not so sure Jodi was pressured into anything she just wanted to be what the men she was with wanted even if it was changing her religion JMO of course.

I missed some of the "Life of Jodi" marathon, but am wondering if Travis was the first 'boyfriend' to reject her.

Of the parts I did hear, it sounded like she was the one leaving in her 'relationships' before TA.

If TA was the first to reject her, given her narcissism and stunted maturity, I can completely understand the level of rage she could feel. I still remember vividly the first time rejection as a 20 yo. For most 'normal' people, the overwhelming reaction is depression. But for a psychopath (IMO), it would be overwhelming rage, which is exactly the result we see here.

I wonder if Juan will focus on that, since most people have experienced rejection at some point in life, and will relate to what a powerful force it is.

To me it sounds like Matt ditched her.

I should start my answer by stating that I am not one who believes that she's making up the "official relationship". I do believe she and Travis were exclusively dating, for a time.

If they WERE exclusive, of course the dates of their "relationship" would be of utmost important to her. Probably down to the hour. I thought she and Abe went out AFTER she and Travis broke up? I don't know who John is, but yes, could be.

(What is "IOW"?)

I totally thought they were a "couple" for a time and before yesterday I believed that Travis was initially really into her and had high expectations.

After her testimony yesterday, it does not sound like Travis was ever really that into her though. And the only reason I find this testimony credible is I think if Travis WERE into her she'd be all bragging about it on the stand. Remains to be seen for sure IMO.

I was just trying to figure out what it was that made Jodi think they became "official" on Feb 2 because according to her description, he acted no differently towards her when she says they were "boyfriend/girlfriend."

Something else that makes me think that Travis never considered her an exclusive girlfriend -- his friend Taylor Searles (?) has indicated in interviews that Travis actually talked to Taylor about his sexual relationship with Jodi (apparently didn't keep it a secret from everyone), and Travis always talked about her basically like someone he could have sex with but didn't want to date.

IOW = In Other Words .. not sure if that's common usage or if it's something I made up

:tyou:

I hope someone has contacted the DA's office with this information. It appears it could be vital for the States case!

JMHO
fran

He has been on those HLN shows before. I saw him about 2 or 3 weeks ago.
He seems kind of weird to me.

DB seems like he was a decent man. Certainly loves his son. Had a nice home and generally steady employment.

human, I thought I heard DB say he had lost his job for a time, and ended up getting the house in Palm Desert foreclosed.

Since JA had by then been introduced to the PPL world, he probably was not looking like such a great catch. She also probably was not interested in moving back to Monterey, which is what DB wanted at that point.

At least if I am remembering the chronology correctly.

DB had pretty minor ambitions, I bet in Jodi's mind. And he not really her ultimate sugar daddy, as she was supposed to be paying half the bills.

When Travis and PPL crew came along, seems like she saw greener grass and ditched him without looking back.

The coming JA cross exam will be very challenging. To do this effectively and convincingly will require careful planning and tact. The sheer volume of irrelevant unimportant minutiae JA has spewed out so far can all be deconstructed but this sort of analysis takes time. Martinez needs to bundle large swaths of testimony and cleverly point out that its content is misleading or frankly false. Martinez must be selective when debunking JA early testimony.
I think Martinez needs to dwell on June 3-5 2008. To explode JA lies and explanations will not be easy. Regarding the “appearance” of premeditation JA will invoke the claim that TA really wanted her to come to Mesa. TA beckoned her as part of his “booty call” habits.
JA description of the crime scene will lack specifics because she was engulfed in terror. The struggle and murder will be described as a “blur”. High detail memory evidenced by all tiny details offered that are over 8 years old will appreciably degrade as JA moves from June 3 to June 5, 2008. Prepare to hear “I don’t remember” hundreds of times on JA’s cross exam. On June 5 JA was in a state of shock and denial. “Oddly” as JA transitions from the shock of her heinous self-defense homicide a “dreamy surreal” psychic state will settle in. Her post homicide clean up and crime scene preparation will be carried out in a trance like state. JA will testify that a kind of automatic pilot function kicks in after TA has been killed. She will come to the realization that she actually survived TA’s murderous assault on her. She will describe a phenomenon of coming to the realization - she survived and her lover did not. The bloody clothes and weapon disposal occurred because of the dreadful realization that a “dead but otherwise beloved Travis” was still with her. She needed to rid herself of the “dead Travis” and live as if beloved Travis were still alive. From June 5 onward JA was in a profound state of denial and was essentially functioning in an autopilot mode.
In other words JA’s account of the TA shower, attack, self defense, and post crime fugue state will be elaborate and well rehearsed. The account will be corroborated by her paid experts. JA will tenaciously cling to the “excuse outline” and refuse to admit to contradictions or any dissembling at all. Her account of the 29 slashes to front and back, the gunshot wound, and the parked corpse in the shower will literally be a “work of art” and as audacious as the “suicide” notice.

BBM I haven given this much thought, I too, have the same concerns and fears. But when I think about the horrific heinous acts she committed and her lack of remorse, the lack of physical/emotional abuse and otherwise thus far, her mountain of lies, all these facts in itself is overwhelming and would be very difficult for any prudent person to overcome, that is my consolation. . . then there is Juan, the icing on the cake, he will not tire, he will not falter and he will not fail, he is Travis' voice. :great:

I am certain that this killer will be convicted of 1st degree felony murder and I am so hoping that she gets the death penalty, which would be a merciful death in contrast to her deeds.

I hope I am correct....one of the friends that found Travis was the young lady (Mimi?) that was going to Cancun with Travis as a friend. She had been waiting to hear from him regarding specifics of the trip, and when it became very close to the date of their departure and she still hcould net get in touch with him she called another friend and they went to his home and found him. I believe she was the young lady that made the original 911 call.
Yes, you got that exactly right. They alerted his roommate, who was the person who actually found Travis's body.

Ok, so I'm going to post two images, one from the trial and one marked-up by me to try to show her foot:

From the trial:
dwszv7.jpg

Marked-up:
34zdpxx.jpg

Large black circle - entire foot
Small tall black circle - the white stripe on her pants
the red circle - the hem of the athletic pants
blue circle - her foot (in a shoe) from about mid-foot to her toes.

Hope this helps. If not, try to enlarge the top photo so you can back away a bit to see if you can see it. :)

I think I can see it now. Is that his ear? Top right where the large black circle cuts through?

Oh yeah, I agree that the whole "we became boyfriend/girlfriend" way of putting it is ridiculous and not how adults should operate. And knowing those dates is fishy too. If I were in a relationship like the one described I'd probably just go with "October 2006 is when we started seeing each other".

Exactly! I mean, who talks that way? Bugs the ever-livin' out of me :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member