Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a small favor to ask all WSers:

I just spoke with my daughter and told her I was completely addicted to a local trial... she hadn't heard anything about it.

If I can get her interested, I was hoping maybe we could go to court together...

I'd like to send her a link (like to one of the 48 Hours episodes) but I don't know which would be the best one to send her (her attention span is... sporadic :) )- but she took some criminal justice courses in college and loved it. But she sounds dubious about this trial - how does one sum it up in a few texts?

I would love any advice anyone might have while I look, too. She doesn't have television, but she can watch anything that's available online.

TIA either way! :tyou:

Has she already seen the 48Hours episode? If not that would be a good one to get her started.
If you need a link, LMK

Why was she coming over? Did she bring it that day.....cause that would be awkward. "Hey Ester bring Astroglide over, Jodi and I are going to do it!"...or did she mean that she had brought it over and left it there.....so weird.
I had to go back and fix the quote. She means he was using astroglide with Ester. As in a previous sexual relationshiop.

I just saw on Hardcore Pawn Les the owner paid 20k for Dr. Kevorkians van that he used when he first started his mercy killings.

As much as I was an avid supporter of Dr. Kevorkian. I wouldn't want the van :waitasec: I wish he had been around and available when my best friend died. I wont even go into the agony she suffered. She wouldn't have taken him up. It made me respect what he offered. It's seared in my brain. The screams I will never forget. Hitting her with enough to kill a horse. Oh the will to live of a young Mom. For weeks. Anyhoo O/T so time to move on......

Although I had trouble hearing Travis I don't see what the big deal was with the tape. It was not meant for us to listen in so Travis had an expectation of privacy and at his worse he has proven himself to be a normal, healthy male at the time. Since it was Jodi who recorded it, it became very obvious she was feeding him leading questions. And I have to say for someone who is no longer dating him it appears she was willing to do whatever it took to hold onto him. The tape was to benefit her or to use against him for blackmail. It had no other purpose. She tried to destroy her computer but kept the tape. jmo

She claims that Travis asked her to tape it. Now why would he do that? Trying to keep his love life a secret he's going to ask her to tape it? She called him super human and complimented him a lot. I think most women would have used the tape to set him up as a pedophile or abuser but since that is not the case, I have no idea why she even bothered to tape him.

Although I had trouble hearing Travis I don't see what the big deal was with the tape. It was not meant for us to listen in so Travis had an expectation of privacy and at his worse he has proven himself to be a normal, healthy male at the time. Since it was Jodi who recorded it, it became very obvious she was feeding him leading questions. And I have to say for someone who is no longer dating him it appears she was willing to do whatever it took to hold onto him. The tape was to benefit her or to use against him for blackmail. It had no other purpose. She tried to destroy her computer but kept the tape. jmo

And I think she just lost ALL of the male jurors by playing that tape. I don't know any guy that would label another guy deviant for thinking braids and school girl outfits were hot. If a child was wearing the school uniform, yes---but not a full grown nymph with fake breasts.

The same with his fantasies of getting a BJ on the front porch or tying his gf to a tree. Pretty normal fantasies, and nothing that would get a guy labeled as a 'sexual deviant.'

And just by listening to her on that call, imo, it was obvious to them that she was urging him on and leading him into his sexual discussions with her. So they arew going to see right through her phony testimony about feeling like used toilet paper. And that story about being so shocked and hurt about waking up to him 'raping her.' I am sure they now see that is totally fabricated. It may have happened that way, but it was totally consensual.

And I am sure it upset some of them to hear Nurmi keep saying she was 'unconscious' when he began having sex with her. I am pretty sure those jurors know the difference between being asleep and being unconscious.

I think every man has an innate fear of being falsely accused of rape. And that is exactly what Jodi's basing her defense upon. And I think the men will find that revolting. As will the women. JMO

I don't think you are legally allowed to mention plea agreements in front of the jury. They are off limits, I am almost positive.

You are right. They can't mention settlement offers.

The reason I think she had the gun on him is, I can't picture her wanting to sneak up and he not realize what hit him. She is a "talker" she would have a lot to say there for a minute "so i'm not the kind of girl you would marry? You made me do this"

ITA that in however way she killed him, she did not do so quickly without letting him know he was going to die/dying, and why…. Tormented him.

It is hard to tell with those shower pics. Who wouldn't squint with water in their eyes? The series of images are creepy to me, each showing a different part of his body, like the one of his back with his hand above him? They are like a set of controlled "before" images… If she didn't delete them I would think she was keeping them as a psychopaths trophy. It is creepy in the way that we know what she knew she was going to do any second. She claimed he wanted them pre Cancun to show how good his body looked, but we can see what a ploy that was because the images are so badly out of focus, sloppy, etc.

She claims that Travis asked her to tape it. Now why would he do that? Trying to keep his love life a secret he's going to ask her to tape it? She called him super human and complimented him a lot. I think most women would have used the tape to set him up as a pedophile or abuser but since that is not the case, I have no idea why she even bothered to tape him.

I think she wanted to play it for his new Mormon girlfriends and/or his Bishop. She wanted revenge or possibly blackmail.

Wasn't there an album out in the early 70s by Alice Cooper or somebody?

Don't ask me why or how I know this, but Chris rock does a comedy stint about it. Kinda disgusting IMO but well known.

She didn't need him to be an abuser or pedophile to ruin his image.. He was a very active member of the Mormon church so in my understanding just sex alone (not even kinky or funky sex) is enough black mail to completely tarnish his image and status within the church.. She may have recorded it to hold over his head..

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

As much as I was an avid supporter of Dr. Kevorkian. I wouldn't want the van :waitasec: I wish he had been around and available when my best friend died. I wont even go into the agony she suffered. She wouldn't have taken him up. It made me respect what he offered. It's seared in my brain. The screams I will never forget. Hitting her with enough to kill a horse. Oh the will to live of a young Mom. For weeks. Anyhoo O/T so time to move on......

I'm sorry about your friend :/ *hugs to you*

Here are two almost identical pictures of Travis's face. The one where he is having his picture taken, he is clearly comfortable and his facial features are relaxed.

l.jpg

Then there's the shower picture. His eyebrows are drawn down over his eyes and his face looks tight and stressed.

ht_jodi_arias_nt_130114_wg.jpg

Thank you! In the second picture, you can't even see his eyelids. He is obviously startled and I do believe fearful. I do not see anger. JMO

Oh, that's horrible. I'm very sad to hear that, Bravo. When my dad was dying of cancer, and started to have pain, I called his doctor and told him I wouldn't stand for it. He told me if he gave him anymore morphine it would kill him. ??? I told him to authorize more morphine because there was no way i was going to allow him to suffer like that in his final days.

He asked me to try something else first, but he agreed to authorize enough morphine to, in essence, kill my dad. Many doctors actually do that when it is a terminal case. They just don;t talk about it.

Luckily, what he asked my to try first worked and my dad died very peacefully.

Sorry to get off topic. Hugs to you bravo. I;m sorry you had to witness that. It's not fair.

IMO I think she taped it so that she could listen to the conversations over and over to relive them. If I remember correctly, they would have the phone sex calls in the middle of the night. He couldn't find the time during the day to have these calls with her because she really was a dirty little secret and he had better things to do.

There were a lot of bits and pieces from the recording that she exaggerated into her little stories.

ITA

She needed this tape for a reason....

This is going to tie in with murder...like you, my first thought was blackmail.

That's probably why the DT fought so hard to share THIS phone call.

JMO

With all due respect, ANJ, that is the opinion of that poster.

The way that Jodi testified today (and again, yes, we have to take it with a grain of salt), "Esther" is a woman. Whether she is a woman who had a relationship in real life with Travis, or in real life in Jodi's imagination, I believe she is real.:moo:

Actually, another poster had posted a link that explained the lubricant and since they were talking about K-Y and Astroglide at the time it made perfect sense to me. Yes... MOO

I don't think to the "general public" they will see this tape badly,it appears to me she is going to generate sympathy.. (Know that is not in the "popular belief" here). The general public doesnt follow cases so closely and are prone to base their opinion on their own life experiences...jmo only And yes I do think she is guilty..

Man. I heard that tape and it was the first time I felt confident that jodi is going to get the death penalty. IMO, that tape destroyed her case. It felt like part of the rebuttal case, not the defense. I was stunned.

Sometimes they can If a witness who's in jail took a deal to testify against someone they can ask what the deal was.

Yes, but that's different. The settlement offer regarding the defendant on trial cannot be discussed with that defendant's jury.

Keep it simple?
She was a woman that wanted to marry him.
He thought of her as a woman who liked sex.
Would he take her home to mamma?
No way.
He was taking someone else on a trip.
Jealous rage and JA slaughtered him
and IMO, no regrets because she has him
forever......to her SHE was HIS last girl.
KWIM?
No other woman can have him now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members