Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #37 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Nurmi has been on the case from the beginning, there was another attorney, Victoria Washington (???) who quit after Arias wanted to represent herself, then changed her mind. Nurmi was there with Washington, so Wilmot has had to play catch up.

AND there was yet ANOTHER before V Washington that also left the case.
The court minutes give no explanation for why she left the case.
This girl is evil, and most peeps with any sense of right and wrong are probably repulsed by her.
I know I am.
Nurmi can not illicit testimony he believes to be false - thus, one can only conclude he believes her.

I still think "asleep" hand is fully relaxed as is the abdomen which is not held in, and has a bit of a bulge/tummy roll. I think if he was awake body parts would look more awake and not in that relaxed state we can be...I could be wrong!

ta.jpg

Note the position of his bent left leg in the full photo - it is lifted and at an angle. He either was asleep and just waking up or he was posing. I'd say the former is more likely of these two options. JMO

yes and I remember the expert testify that she spent like 30 min. possibly listening to his messages on his phone around this same time

Juan will not let any of this get by the Jury. With her admitted access to phone/email/computer passwords etc, how can any of what they recovered that shows communication from him be validated.

It can't. She probably wrote "as him" so many horrible things to show a few at the end, in this finely crafted plan to ruin his reputation.

I don't know if they pull up IP addresses and can validate that at the time it was sent, it was sent from AZ to Yreka etc. I'm not sure if you login as him, what it shows and can they tell with no doubt, where and who sent it.. I don't think so

You all are so awesome with noticing things.....I think you all should be on the jury!!!!!! I did not even notice the duct tape.

Without going into detail, I was in a situation where I entered and approached an area of a house where something "dead" was. A/C was on, and there was not much odor until the "body" was moved. Then I nearly fainted..seriously. wow

good morning all
i had the same experience my elderly aunt passed in her house. went to visit her. went in smelled funny but did not know what it was until i saw her on the sofa. she had been there about three days. i tell you what once you smell it you never forget it. I SAID NEVER FORGET THAT SMELL.

i think the police officers know that smell right away the average person may not. they smell something but have no idea it's death. :moo:

Without going into detail, I was in a situation where I entered and approached an area of a house where something "dead" was. A/C was on, and there was not much odor until the "body" was moved. Then I nearly fainted..seriously. wow

Can you describe the smell? This takes me back to Casey Anthony's trial. Most people who came into contact with the car said it smelled..but then in Jose's closing he had mentioned that some officers didn't smell the car even though they stood right by it. Is it a smell thats just stink like onions or a fart? I'm sorry just trying to understand.

But even Mimi testified that as soon as they walked into the house they noticed a smell, but thought the dog had "made a mess" or something. So the smell was throughout the house.

If I were any of the roommates who slept in that house during those 5 days, I would not be the same. Sleeping in the house with your dead roommates body just feet away for 5 days??? No sir.....I think I'd need some help after that.

I have to wonder how they couldn't have noticed that he hadn't been taking care of his dog.

I used to live in the country and once a deer got hit and fell in the ditch where no one noticed. I don't know how long it was there but by the time I called the county I could smell it everywhere in the house (it was near our driveway) and wanted to puke.

I live in a large 7 bedroom house and don't think I will ever get beyond the roommates not noticing, I can tell you what someone is doing (music,tv on, water running, loud conversation) in their room upstairs when I'm downstairs in the opposite corner of the house. *sigh*

Got th hear a lot of the "sex call" this am. I find it sad that both JA and TA seemed happy and maybe even playful on the call. If only they could have remained "friends"! Very sad.

ETA: who initiated this phone call?

Defense Counsel Information based on case minutes:

On 3/12/2012 a hearing was held on a defense motion to dismiss the Intent to Seek Death Penalty. During this hearing the defense also submitted a motion to preclude the State from referring to Travis Alexander as a “victim” during the trial. Specifically, Defendant Arias argues she would be prejudiced by permitting the State and its witnesses to refer to Mr. Alexander as the victim since it is contrary to her claim of self defense. As such, she would be prejudiced. The State responds that the term “victim” is routinely used in criminal cases and does not imply the defendant committed the crime with which she has been charged. Further, the State argues Mr. Alexander was murdered and thus he was a “victim” of a criminal offense as defined by Arizona law. The Court finds the defendant failed to establish she will be prejudiced if Mr. Alexander is referred to as the “victim” in front of the jury during the trial. The State’s evidence will show Mr. Alexander was the victim of a homicide. Apparently, the defendant will argue she acted in self defense and was thus justified in her actions. Regardless, referring to Mr. Alexander as the “victim” during the trial will not unfairly prejudice the defendant.

All court minutes for Jodi Arias
http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/JOnamesearch.asp?casenumber=CR2008031021

:furious: She really has a lot of nerve!

:gavel:

AND there was yet ANOTHER before V Washington that also left the case.
The court minutes give no explanation for why she left the case.
This girl is evil, and most peeps with any sense of right and wrong are probably repulsed by her.
I know I am.
Nurmi can not illicit testimony he believes to be false - thus, one can only conclude he believes her.

lawyers aren't supposed to illicit false testimony but it happens. Just like some people take the stand and still lie under oath. I wouldn't put anything pass Nurmi. The email situation made it clear to me that he knew jodi was lying about forwarding the message to travis. Think of the movie Devil's Advocate.

Snipped and BBM

Awwww....moonbird, what a beautiful, comforting sentiment. I wish his family and friends could read those simple words, because I feel certain they would bring a moment of comfort to them. Those simple words really touched my heart.

With all the ugliness, lies, and gruesome violence of this young man's brutal murder, the TRUTH of his life, and his personality, has ensured that even 4 years after his death, he IS still making friends. If he were still living, I feel equally certain that he would still be making friends today.

A very beautiful sentiment, moonbird. Thank you for those simple, but powerful words.

I'm here for Travis, too. He is still making friends.

(May others use your words of support?)

This brought tears to my eyes, count me as a new friend of his too! Ive grown to love him and his family.
I'm here for Travis.

"It was June 9, 2008, and Forrest, along with two of Travis’ friends, had arrived at the house around 10 p.m. to search for the 30-year-old entrepreneur and motivational speaker. When no one answered the front door, they used the keyless entry code on the garage to make their way inside the house and eventually toward Travis’ upstairs bedroom.

As Forrest approached the top of the stairs, he could hear music blaring from an adjacent bedroom. He knocked on the door and found Travis’ roommate, Zachary Billings.

“Have you seen Travis?” he asked.

Billings shook his head. “I think he’s out of town.”"

http://www.timespublications.com/aug10-feature1.asp

OMG so Zachary was actually in the home while Travis was dead in the shower for 5 days?

I pulled this from the timeline thread. Nurmi got assigned just before he left the public defender's office and has tried to get off the case multiple times. If I counted right, Nurmi and Wilmott are #'s 6 & 7. JM has been on the case since day 1. I found this whole post very interesting. Trying to have the DP removed, wanting to represent herself, etc. :what:

Edit : BBM all the different names of attorneys

I can't figure out how to get your whole post quoted, but thanks for pulling those minutes.
I didn't even know they were in the timeline - I was just going on recall from reading the court minutes at the actual site.
Still trying to figure out how to use all the wonderful recourses on this site.
Thx again.

Juan will not let any of this get by the Jury. With her admitted access to phone/email/computer passwords etc, how can any of what they recovered that shows communication from him be validated.

It can't. She probably wrote "as him" so many horrible things to show a few at the end, in this finely crafted plan to ruin his reputation.

I don't know if they pull up IP addresses and can validate that at the time it was sent, it was sent from AZ to Yreka etc. I'm not sure if you login as him, what it shows and can they tell with no doubt, where and who sent it.. I don't think so

My gmail account was hacked into and highjacked about a year ago, horrible experience, took me about 3 weeks to get it back. Anyway, I learned from that , that you can go to the bottom of the gmail page and it shows from where the account was last accessed from, the country and the IP address, date and time. In my case, the hacker was in another country, India if I remember correctly. I don't know why that would not apply to this case as well.

Hint: She has "full lips". And she is NOT smiling.

Aha.....I see what you are seeing now. However, that is like seeing a face in wood grain pattern. It is freaky.

It is a half face with mouth closed at 8:00

And bulbous tip of nose at 9:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members