jodi arias TAKES THE STAND #64 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to our crude layout drawing. We can easily debunk her versions of how the attack happened.

In scenario #1 She is lifted up and body slammed...you see her here with her camera in the direction she'd be laying on hard tile after the body slam, and this is where she would remain for...maybe 4 days as her back would be out and she would have a concussion thereby making it impossible to get up. Travis would simply go to Cancun and wish her well.

In scenario #2 assuming by some miracle she got body slammed...and holy jesus, she rolled to her left as she said, got up (as he stands there and watches her roll and get up) and she takes off running past him as he stands there for some reason watches her go by and takes a step out, and poof, he is practically giving her a flat tire he is so close to her little running feet and bam.. he is behind her in the closet and she does what? Flies up and gets a gun, and he politely stands there while she gets the gun and then she runs by him, gets in the bathroom and then he comes at her. Ok, I can't type anymore, I'm laughing too hard.

bedroom2.jpg

This was listed by Sleuth21 in the legal Q&A thread
"Generally it's Direct Exam - Cross Exam - Re-Direct Exam and, in this case, followed by Juror Questions.

Cross Exam questions are limited to the scope of whatever topics or issues are brought out on Direct Exam. Re-Direct is also limited to the scope of the Cross Exam.

Often the parties are done after Re-Direct except, if the judge allows, very brief re-cross.

In this case, with a witness on the stand for a month who rambles and constantly adds unnecessary info, I would imagine that there could be some additional rounds of recross and redirect but very brief - like one or two ?s - and it can't just be a repeat of the same questions from the last cross/redirect. I also imagine that if Nurmi tries to clean up the magazine debacle there will be a bit of recross on her explanation of that.
I haven't noticed if the judge has allowed the parties to follow up after juror questions but they may be allowed to ask additional questions if juror questions bring out new information.

I'm not an AZ licensed attorney so if anyone from AZ has some edits to my answer have at it. This is just the general practice I have observed in my state, federal court and lots of trials on the TV. "

ETA: Someone said that they do NOT have recross in AZ as touted on HLN today. Go to the legal thread and see if minor or AZ input as they'll get around to correcting the above as needed I bet.

Thank you. I am now understanding why this trial was scheduled to be so long, what with the short hours and three to four days a week and then Jodi dribbling on for days. There is so much information. We are in information overload here.

Starting now ... 8 pm Eastern time.
Dateline ... "Along Came Jodi"
Ugh ... Friend of JA saying JA would never do something like this.
Riiiight ...

The show also will cover the Pistorious case tonight.

This is where it definitely turns to premeditation (IMO). Even in her version (which I DO NOT believe) she knew she could turn left and go out the door, instead she turns right where she knew the gun was.
That part made no sense to me. What guarantee did she have that the gun was still there? I would have run out of the house as fast as I could. Turning into that closet is turning back into a confined space with little chance of escape. What a strange thought process (that never took place).

hummm... She wouldn't need to worry about the casing because she had the gun and was going to dispose of it in the desert. I don't know really. I'm just thinking about it off the top of my head.

Would LE have been able to determine the type of gun/caliber by the mangled bullet alone? I guess it depends on weight and composition maybe. Guessing it could be far less exact than having the casing. Such a small thing... such a (potentially) huge mistake.

Imagine if they couldn't determine the precise caliber of the weapon used on Travis? But could only narrow it down to 2-3 possibilities... WOW.

Wonder how different the case might be has JA thought to pick that little brass casing up and stick it in her pocket. Yikes.

way more pics tonight on dateline of their normal life. havent seen some of them

I would not put it past her. Really. She is something I have never seen before. Something so evil and ugly. She does not care about anyone. She thinks she is all powerful and can get anything she wants. She is not crying for anyone but that jury.

I wouldn't put it past her either, just didn't see it there.

ANJ.....I am sure NO ONE thinks you altered anything....and we appreciate ALLLllllllllllll YOU DO!!!

I absolutely think it was altered for the show. It is different from the direct link to the footage from youtube.

butting in to announce that Dateline is covering this case now (although my guide said it was going to cover the Pistorius case).

how does SHE know where that casing went? she didn't pick it up. didn't even think about it, i guess. but how is she so sure what happened to it? was she taking time to watch where it went?

I believe the issue is that there was blood already on the floor when she shot him, hence the casing is on top. Others here are much more knowledgeable about the "was he shot first/was he stabbed first" argument, and maybe they can comment.

"Generally it's Direct Exam - Cross Exam - Re-Direct Exam and, in this case, followed by Juror Questions.

Cross Exam questions are limited to the scope of whatever topics or issues are brought out on Direct Exam. Re-Direct is also limited to the scope of the Cross Exam.

Often the parties are done after Re-Direct except, if the judge allows, very brief re-cross.

In this case, with a witness on the stand for a month who rambles and constantly adds unnecessary info, I would imagine that there could be some additional rounds of recross and redirect but very brief - like one or two ?s - and it can't just be a repeat of the same questions from the last cross/redirect. I also imagine that if Nurmi tries to clean up the magazine debacle there will be a bit of recross on her explanation of that.
I haven't noticed if the judge has allowed the parties to follow up after juror questions but they may be allowed to ask additional questions if juror questions bring out new information.

I'm not an AZ licensed attorney so if anyone from AZ has some edits to my answer have at it. This is just the general practice I have observed in my state, federal court and lots of trials on the TV. "

ETA: Someone said that they do NOT have recross in AZ as touted on HLN today. Go to the legal thread and see if minor or AZ input as they'll get around to correcting the above as needed I bet.

After cross-examination, the attorney who originally called the witness may ask additional questions of the witness to clarify something touched on in the cross-examination. This is redirect examination. The judge may allow an opportunity for the opposing attorney to recross examine.

http://www.azcourts.gov/PublicServices/CriminalLaw.aspx

Correct.

Riiiight ...

Yeah I seen that! Got Siri to remind me.:seeya:

Riiiight ...

Notice they said, "childhood friend." The woman may not have had contact with her in 10 years or more.

Wasn't Dave Hall ordered to stop giving interviews after they got his film of TA shooting guns? He is talking on Dateline tonight. Wonder how long ago he was interviewed?

Back to our crude layout drawing. We can easily debunk her versions of how the attack happened.

In scenario #1 She is lifted up and body slammed...you see her here with her camera in the direction she'd be laying on hard tile after the body slam, and this is where she would remain for...maybe 4 days as her back would be out and she would have a concussion thereby making it impossible to get up. Travis would simply go to Cancun and wish her well.

In scenario #2 assuming by some miracle she got body slammed...and holy jesus, she rolled to her left as she said, got up (as he stands there and watches her roll and get up) and she takes off running past him as he stands there for some reason watches her go by and takes a step out, and poof, he is practically giving her a flat tire he is so close to her little running feet and bam.. he is behind her in the closet and she does what? Flies up and gets a gun, and he politely stands there while she gets the gun and then she runs by him, gets in the bathroom and then he comes at her. Ok, I can't type anymore, I'm laughing too hard.

bedroom2.jpg
steph, that is awesome! I put it in the timeline thread

Hi ATL,
AZLawyer answered it on the attorney thread post 303 today.
It says only if Nurmi brings up something entirely new, and then only if the judge allows it.

This may have already been discussed and I missed it. But when Juan was showing her one of the photos that were accidentally taken he showed her one that showed the threshold. He pointed to the far left part of the threshold with his pen and asked her 'This is Travis isnt it?' and she answered 'yes.'

I have looked at the photo and all the others several times but didnt even notice that Travis was in the photo.

Had anyone else already caught that before he pointed it out?

tia

Could someone please post a link to this photo?

Wasn't Dave Hall ordered to stop giving interviews after they got his film of TA shooting guns? He is talking on Dateline tonight. Wonder how long ago he was interviewed?

It was taped before.

IIRC JM asked her if that was Travis' foot and she said yes! I have no doubt she has looked over these photos many times......
she knows ever nuance of them.....just like she is returning to the scene of the crime and reliving it with JOY!!

It looks like an adult foot to me, relaxed outward. The overexposure of the background accentuates the 'hole' between the big toe and the other toes - but that's a normal foot imv. :)

Plus - the ME said it was a foot, and he knows his anatomy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member