jodi arias TAKES THE STAND #64 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IS, RIP. I like Vinnie, and I can certainly watch the trial online, but I will miss several of the folks on IS...

Do we know whether HLN will pick up anything during the 11:00 to 3:00 hours?

Oh no I missed the whole thing. What is wrong with them they could have a least finished this trial. They had a lot of viewers, and could have made some money selling air time. Now they are going to replace it with stupid people, doing stupid things, which ironically fits this case to a tee.

Are those from Travis's house? If so, it's obvious why she chose him. She had never lived so well in her life - remember the boyfriend with the house that had cigarette soot dripping down the walls. She would have seen Travis as her ticket to a lavish lifestyle.

Yes, that's the downstairs bathroom off the office.

Downstairs bathroom sink. Let me see if I can find the crime scene pic. It was just a drop of blood IIRC

Remember Jodi said she cut her finger on a glass she broke earlier that day and used that bathroom. She also said she used that bathroom when Travis told her to get cleaned up after he spun her around (sound going through my head now) raped her and did his "bizzness" on her lower back.

Going back to the broken glass..why go to the bathroom? Why not the kitchen sink? Where do you go with a broken glass and a cut finger?

I've read it several times - thank you! It doesn't answer my question, so I have to assume it actually does answer it - by omission (nothing after-the-fact can be used to prove premeditation). Unless there's another section in the chapter that says otherwise...

Thanks again, legalmania... I read the statues, but I don't always understand them (or how they fit together with exceptions here and preclusions there)... sigh. :)

What is your question about premeditation?

If JA was bodyslammed onto a tile floor, wouldn't she have some bruises? In this "fight for her life" one would assume she'd have a little more injury then a cut finger.
Her story is just so unreal sounding, how can she even think it's plausible? She's a real work.

And rolling ...

then growing legs and finding it's way some 11' to 12' into the bedroom.

I am looking at shower photos, only one I can def. tell with door closed is the face pict.

Remember Jodi said she cut her finger on a glass she broke earlier that day and used that bathroom. She also said she used that bathroom when Travis told her to get cleaned up after he spun her around (sound going through my head now) raped her and did his "bizzness" on her lower back.

Going back to the broken glass..why go to the bathroom? Why not the kitchen sink? Where do you go with a broken glass and a cut finger?

I didn't know she was that specific about the broken glass and cutting her finger. In fact, I didn't think she specifically said she cut it that day. Was this during her direct exam?

Whatever -- it's obviously a lie that she cut her right hand on a broken glass in the downstairs bathroom. I figured the "spun me around" and cleaning up in that bathroom was probably a fabrication to explain some kind of evidence she knew could be found in that bathroom.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmX1aifi4JI"]Dateline- Along Came Jodi, Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeGRzYocWHE"]Dateline- Along Came Jodi, Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLTTfEJ45po"]Dateline- Along Came Jodi, Part 3 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBBozjZj904"]Dateline- Along Came Jodi,, Part 4 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n0-R9-xuFA"]Dateline- Along Came Jodi,, Part 5 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iKNzDD7DlA"]Dateline- Along Came Jodi, Part 6 - YouTube[/ame]

then growing legs and finding it's way some 11' to 12' into the bedroom.

I am looking at shower photos, only one I can def. tell with door closed is the face pict.

That's the only one that looks to me like the shower door might be closed, but I think that may just be the water effects because that is really the only picture that is in focus.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/01/14/photos-travis-alexanders-last-moments-alive
floorboard_0.jpg

What is the small dark round looking object in the lower right of the pic? ^^^

It also appears in the extreme upper left of the second dragging photo, the blob one which JM asked Jody, "and is this the body?" And she said, "Yes."

Others firmly believe there was no rope. But rope fiber was found at the crime scene in the blood in the bathroom and we know JA took pains to dispose of it, even remembering she put it in a dumpster.

Her behavior is a sign of the rope being used somehow in this dreadful scenario, IMO.

Anybody have any ideas what this might be?

The Constitution is huge for me. Just wish Washington DC lived by it too!

But a defense attorney could ask a murderous client to make a plea or refuse to help them. I believe they usually just want the big fees and notoriety. IMO!

I just finished "How can you defend those people"? by Mickey Sherman - he was a WS radio show guest on Trisha's show a few weeks ago, and his book is available through a link on the right. The book was a great read and I recommend it - it was less than $10 bucks on amazon through the link I think because it’s been out awhile.

Anyone can believe what they want, but he provides real insight to defense practices, and dealing with clients who may not be well received by the general public. He defends people because he is a defense attorney - and many people may say they dont like or respect defense attorneys - that is until they need one.

IMO –everybody, even monsters and fiends, deserves the ability and support to mount a defense against charges. Just because some folks have already made up their minds regarding their guilt, it doesn't mean that they are not entitled to a defense. We may get :furious: when we hear the victim being disparaged by the accused (such as what JA is doing to Travis) but if an accused is going forward with a trial, rather than taking a plea - IMO – they may take an "all in" position and say anything they think will get them a not guilty or hung jury.

We don’t have to like it - we just have to wait for the jury’s decision.

I've read it several times - thank you! It doesn't answer my question, so I have to assume it actually does answer it - by omission (nothing after-the-fact can be used to prove premeditation). Unless there's another section in the chapter that says otherwise...

Thanks again, legalmania... I read the statues, but I don't always understand them (or how they fit together with exceptions here and preclusions there)... sigh. :)

Ya I know what you mean, I have been a paralegal for many years and I even find myself reading the laws over and over. Case law gets even more complicated because you have to keep reading cases until you've come full circle. That's including the case being overturned somewhere. Talk about a headache.

The only problem with the closet story was the place she said she put the gun was 7' high. Now she says she is 5'5. How she got that gun down so quickly without a chair or stool or pulling something off one of the shelves is questionable. Also Travis was 5'9 why would he put a gun up so high that he would need to get a stool to retrieve the gun? If he had kids I would believe him putting it up that high. Also, there is no record of him owning a gun. He wasn't a convicted felon, so had no reason to hide the fact he owned a gun. I also think he would have gotten something like a 38 or 45 even a 357 not a 25 more like a girls gun. Or something an older person could handle something without a lot of kick. jmo

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe the gun story the way she told it. But she could have stashed the gun, and the knife, just around the corner in the closet on a lower shelf. Maybe even under some of his clothing that was on those shelves.

Nothing was obviously disturbed in the closet, so she didn't put those things up high where they were difficult to reach. The closet door was really close to the shower, so it just makes sense to me that this could be a place where she hid the weapons.

Depending on the surface it hit, it could have bounced up... I can see that. Too bad JM's little demonstration wasn't caught on video. :) It would definitely bounce on carpet - even tile, once...

I can't see an object like that just falling flat without any 'rebound' whatsoever.

It would depend on the height it was dropped from, too. I have a Ph.D physicist in the house somewhere... if I can find him I'll see what he says. He'll just look for an old camera-like object to drop so maybe I'll wait on that. He does things like that. :)

If I remember correctly she said she managed to kind of catch the camera as it was falling but then it slipped and hit the bath mat and kind of bounced. They estimated the drop would have been no more than two or three feet I think.

(If I am remembering her testimony wrong then someone please correct me.)

Great Post!
Love Dr. Sam. He has a great site:
http://samvak.tripod.com/npdglance.html

Unfortunately, if I recall correctly, the diagnosis of NPD (along with several other similar disorders) were deleted from the latest edition of the DSM-IV - not sure how it's classified now.

Not that this makes it any less real for those of us who know (or have been married to) someone with it. It exists... that'll never change, not to me...

:(

IS, RIP. I like Vinnie, and I can certainly watch the trial online, but I will miss several of the folks on IS...

Do we know whether HLN will pick up anything during the 11:00 to 3:00 hours?

I'm in the Midwest and they cover it here until trial ends for the day.

I have never been on a jury...and I am a nosey Nellie.....how does a jury member control themselves from looking at ANYTHING related to this case....one cant even check their Yahoo mail account without JA headlines screaming at them while logging in....they are only human.....

Do they "peek"....? What do you think?

I served on a first degree murder trial back in FL many moons ago and it was not hard at all. BUT my case was NOTHING like this. In this case, it would mean sticking to HBO and Netflix or playing video games to avoid any news or specials. Oh, and going online would have to be limited to email only - no social media for sure!!

It would be a NIGHTMARE!!! :pullhair::pullhair:

It also appears in the extreme upper left of the second dragging photo, the blob one which JM asked Jody, "and is this the body?" And she said, "Yes."

Others firmly believe there was no rope. But rope fiber was found at the crime scene in the blood in the bathroom and we know JA took pains to dispose of it, even remembering she put it in a dumpster.

Her behavior is a sign of the rope being used somehow in this dreadful scenario, IMO.

Anybody have any ideas what this might be?

There were fibers that were not tested, but they were visually consistent with a couple of different fringe items in Travis bedroom. As far as I can tell, they are not consistent with rope.

I do not believe her behavior is a sign of rope being there. I think it's a sign of a desperate attempt to account for a knife being present in the bedroom to give the impression that she did not bring the butcher knife with her in a premeditated fashion.

If there was no rope, of course Jodi had to "remember" disposing of it to explain why it was not at the crime scene. She did not have such a clear memory of disposing of her murder clothes, KY, gas cans, or even putting the camera and Travis' clothes in the washing machine. That should tell you something .

Diff jury, lawyers...STATE even. They are not the Pinellas 12. Give them some credit for having nothing to do with Casey Anthony. There are so many differences here.

I know I don't think I'm alone in worrying about this! I would hate for there not to be justice:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slymorrigan