jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 14TH DAY #68*may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think she's smart or has any common sense at all tbh.
If she was really smart or had common sense she could've invented a better story for this murder. She had days to get her story straight but kept lying and denying the obvious and after that made up a story that was just dumb and unbelievable.

Yes, she's articulate, but most of what she says/does is not smart at all.

The only good story she could tell would be the truth. Everything does not match with forensic evidence. There is no way around her telling a "better story" because nothing would support it. It is what it is. Nothing but the truth fits and the truth is not good for her. jmo

So...people here are "terribly attacking" poor abused Jodi with words?

That has to be one of the more ridiculous things I have ever read on Websleuths in all the time I've been here.

I guess as long as she admits that she killed him, she is given a pass. BUT, she might have admitted she killed him, but has not admitted to slaughtering him like a wild animal. She will never admit to that. Why? Because she is a narcissistic sociopath and a murderous monster. SHE is the one who did this to Travis. I don't think that there is anything that she could be called that would even remotely describe what she should be called.

I agree with you. Jodi shouldn't be given credit for admitting that she killed him, she had to because EVIDENCE proved she didn't it before she came up with the Ninja story. I believe that she is still lying to save herself in the long run. she has no credibility. I feel no kind of remorse for her, and I agree there's not a word BAD enough in the english language that can describe her.

There are many womens groups who support abuse victim's,none have come out in support of this woman.That speaks volumes to me.JA use of the abuse excuse is setting abused women back 30 yrs IMO.

YES! Painful as it is to hear when you are emotionally invested in a case, it does NO ONE any good to make fun of, denigrate or refuse to hear another point of view. We all represent Jodi's peers and potential mirrors of the jury.

You read my mind about the 'one juror' part!

Dang...I missed the entire afternoon of testimony.

So, the defense was able to take the previous submitted sex tape, alter it, play only parts of it, and now it's RAPE all over the news?

Or, did I miss something else?

Shefner,
You are entitled to yourup pinion. You said you had been hurt, used by a man in the past. Most of us who have loved someone has experienced that kind of pain. But wait just a minute....men have been plenty hurt and used by women too!

I believe Jodi was the user and she most certainly was the abuser. And she was obsessive and possessive. And any of us who have been hurt eventually walk away...some of us run in the other direction! But she would not let go.

Would you really drive across the state of California to settle a score with your old boyfriends new girlfriend? That is what she did to Matt. Would you really, come on now, drive 1000 miles, turn off your cell phone, stock up on gas in gas cans, change your hair color and make up an alibi just so you could confront your boyfriend who has just told you in an email that he wanted nothing more to do with you unless you were obsessive? Maybe so. I think most of us would get a clue!

Finally, considering the above, and stealing her grandpas gun, and taking the knife, and having convenient memory loss, would you, out of passion slaughter another human being? I mean I cannot fathom doing that. Not possible self defense because once you have shot him in the head, or once you stabbed him in the chest and he is naked and down, you run with all your heart. Then you call 911. So you think we don't have compassion? Where is your compassion?
Like I said, you have every right to your opinion but if you can justify in your mind what Jodi did to Travis, <mod snip>

I hope JM revisits the part of that phone sex conversation where Travis says he never "pleasured himself" (I substituted my words, not his) until he met her.

I can only imagine what the mental games Travis went through with jodi. I was a victim of one just like Jodi , Was preyed upon my kindness, convinced me I had a better life with her than with my guardians. lived with her for about 5 or 6 months until she moved on to the next man who caught her eye. basically the whole time i was with her she had her eye on other men, would fly onto a jealous rage if i spoke to any of my friends who happened to be female. Never gave her a reason to show I was cheating on her, I was faithful. She only felt at ease if they were married and knew they were no threat to her... put me in debt for almost 10 grand and at the very end she constantly lied to me..then When I cut off the money, she threw me out of her house. i had to call my family upset begging them to come get me. because i was stuck with no way to get back.

when i look at Jodi Arias and what she did to Travis...I see everything I went through, minus of course being murdered. However she "murdered" my ability to fully trust again.

So during recross, can JM play his own edited tape? Can he put together a montage of Jodi's voice playing just her own words to him? I think would be pretty *advertiser censored*-rated as well.

I don't know if the new and revised, edited version of the tape would be considered new evidence (although they did enter it into evidence with it's own number and designation, so... need a lawyer to answer this one). My guess is it was presented as a new item of evidence. bidk.

:noooo: When the judge let in these edited tapes today, I got the same feeling that I got back when the judge in the CA trial let the women who couldn't judge people on the jury. :(

What does it mean, she's bright, intelligent, blah, blah, blah? It serves of no purpose as she lacks common sense and some.

I mean honestly, Ted Bundy was a very intelligent man. What is the point exactly. I think many sociopaths and psychopaths have above average intelligence, what does that have to do with the murder?

ETA Hindsight I agree with you!

Please move over to the new thread as this one will close in a few minutes.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200674"]jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 14TH DAY #69*may contain graphic and adult content* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I thought the Judge said the captioning would not go to the jury. The sound clip, however, I believe will. It was given an exhibit number.

Not sure news junkie

Forgot to change the channel and Jean is on JVM. Said it was allowed in for demonstrative purposes only and would not go to the jury.

and all this time I thought the word was Ravage?
isn't Ravish "you look ravishing"
She makes this crap up I tell you.........

rav·age (rvj)
v. rav·aged, rav·ag·ing, rav·ages
1. To bring heavy destruction on; devastate: A tornado ravaged the tow
-------------------------
rav·ish·ing
/&#712;raviSHiNG/
Adjective
Delightful; entrancing: "she looked ravishing".
Synonyms
charming - captivating - enchanting - fascinating

It's perhaps a touch old fashioned but "to ravish" a woman is to enjoy her sexually, and to please her sexually, in an intense way

The only good story she could tell would be the truth. Everything does not match with forensic evidence. There is no way around her telling a "better story" because nothing would support it. It is what it is. Nothing but the truth fits and the truth is not good for her. jmo

I think "crime of passion" could've been an option. Or maybe you know being really smart and just keeping quiet! :floorlaugh: After all the movies she's seen, a smart person would've known to remain silent. :floorlaugh:

I think she is very smart and such a waste as she could have gone far. She speaks well, too bad much of it is a lie. She can think fast on her feet where most of us would be sputtering trying to get the words out. She is the great deceiver. jmo

Didn't one of Travis' friends say she likely learned the speaking and other "sell her story" skills from PPL training sessions? Thought I saw that on the Dateline special.

Um, yeah. I volunteer several times a week this side of the pond helping real abuse victims because I was one. And when I came out of abuse I had to attempt to prove it to the court. Because my abuse was largely emotional, and I very closely fit the pattern of most abuse victims in 'protecting' my abuser, that was a very difficult feat.

For months now I have made specific points about why I discount Jodi's claims of abuse and it certainly is NOT because I'm lacking compassion. My compassion is kinda what laid me vulnerable to a psychopath in the first place. ;)

As such I have a reasonable understanding of how abuse works. And what would cause abuse NOT to work. Like living 1000 miles apart from the person abusing you. Or having no children with your abuser. Or living with other people. Or your abuser encouraging you to date other people. Or hundreds of accounts by acquaintances, co-workers, friends and family of Travis that discount Jodi's tale she only dreamed up in 2010? Because before that she was stating what everyone else who knew Travis was - he was a generous, funny, sweet man who truly cared about other people.

So maybe instead of us failing to display compassion it should be recognized that many, many survivors of abuse have spoken out on this board. It can be painful, traumatic, and humiliating to relive or recount some of what we've been brave enough to share....

But we've done so in hopes that people can see the similarities between our abuse and the very likely abuse of Travis - the victim of an intimate partner homicide.
This is an amazing post, BritsKate! Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member