jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 8TH DAY #45 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Katie! Thanks for all the updates!

If Katie signs up here... you should tell her she should call herself 'theotherkatie' ... We'll all know who she is then hehehe I'm curious if she's a little discouraged with her dream of being a talking head with the cuts to TruTV and in light of JC and BK being laid off?

Any plans for you to be on Dr. Drew, or any word from NG show yet?

Gas cans, non descript car, hair color change, gmas gun stolen => premeditation

Beyond that, premeditation can be a very brief deliberation - running into the closet and deciding to kill.

You are a lawyer and I am court reporter. I sit there and transcribe both sides. I have opinions of who is lying. People who say they don't remember after almost every question, I do not find them credible.

But this is a different scenario altogether. She remembers every minutiae in her life except for the actual important matters.

She cannot be asked to remember when she chooses not to.

I believe 100 percent she did it, but it will be very hard to prove the premeditation.

I have changed the colour of my hair, rented non descript cars, used gas tanks, so that does not prove premeditation. I have never stolen a gun, but she denied that. Unless they find the gun, she says it was his gun, which I totally do not believe.

After her testimony today, there is no doubt in my mind she did it. But the premeditation is going to be very hard to prove.

Just my opinion after having to transcribe countless trials.

Goodnight all! :eek:fftobed:
Will be thinking of Travis's family and wishing them some peace in their hearts as I fall asleep… And of course count some Juans too for luck tomorrow!! :countsheep:

If TA owned a gun why the heck didn't he use it on her when an intruder (JA) sneaks in on him @ 4am?

Wouldn't be a good idea to sneak into my house at that hour unannounced.

IMO, TA didn't own a gun.

I don't think he had a gun. It's another lie. :)
MOO

I thought a 38 was a Saturday Night Special? :waitasec:

Saturday night special - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The phrase Saturday night special is pejorative slang used in the United States and Canada for any inexpensive handgun. Saturday night specials have been defined as compact, inexpensive handguns with perceived low quality; however, there is no official definition of "Saturday night special" under federal law, though some states define "Saturday Night Special" or "Junk Guns" by means of composition or materials strength.[1] Low cost and high availability make them attractive to low-income buyers despite their shortcomings.

All I can say is she BETTER NOT finally committ suicide tonight! Please wait til after sentence ing!

I know it is bad but I was thinking the same! :floorlaugh:

She's just gonna say 'I don't know' to everything and cry her little eyes out.
There will be no Perry Mason moments.
If she offs herself, it puts everyone out of their misery.
MOO

Goodnite all! It's been a wild day and I'm pooped. I cried so hard today I almost threw up, then I was laughing my arse off at the hilarious posts here. Talk about a rollercoaster! Just wanted to send a thanks out to all of you. I am so blessed to have a place to come and hash this stuff out with...thanks for being "my people".

::eek:fftobed:

I was thinking this was a "chastity" ring worn by young LDS but thought after marriage didn't wear it because it's worn on your left ring finger.. IDK for sure tho!

I never saw an adult wearing one on a finger, although I did know one who wore it around her neck on a chain as a personal reminder.

There is a jargon which Mormons use. If an LDS person is talking to another LDS person, they use "member" or "church member" rather than "LDS." For example, "Mary's father in law is not a member, that is so hard for her."

You would fit in much better if you were standing outside and said to a few people, "So, are all of you church members? Are you from the ward?"

This would mean, "Are you LDS and are you from the Mesa Singles Ward (Parish) that Travis and Jodi were in."

Mormons, like Catholics, speak of "the church" among themselves. They would never say, "LDS does not allow alcohol or tobacco." They would say to a non-member, "The church doesn't allow xyz" and to a member, "The Word of Wisdom doesn't allow xyz."

I hope this helps.

PS. Mormons don't say "Mormon temple garments" or "temple garments." They say "his garments" or "her garments". The shirt would be "garment tops" and the pants would be "garment bottoms." They are like underwear kept in a drawer, not usually hung on a hanger.

But this is where the premeditation comes in, very important part of the case, how can they prove premeditation. According to her self defence. It will be extremely hard to prove premeditation. Her shooting, stabbing, , washing Travis, doing laundry, it was his gun, his knife, all of that that we know. It will be very hard to explain to a jury when she remembers nothing of that.

Did you stab him?
I cannot remember.

Why did you put him in the shower?
I cannot remember.

Why did you clean the crime scene taking the rope and gun with you?
I cannot remember.

Each answer will be same.
Mark my words.

And do not forget the jury does not know what we know.

Try as she might Jodi Arias can not use memory loss as an excuse, an explanation or a defense for knifing and shooting Travis Alexander to death.

May I just say this publicly?

That I don't believe for one moment Travis Alexander EVER...EVER once body slammed, hit or choked Jodi Arias. I don't believe she ever feared for her life from him.

I believe she provoked serious anger from him.

And still I don't believe he ever, on any occasion, became physically violent with her..

There is no evidence to substantiate her claims and she's a known pathological liar on trial for her life.

It's just NOT TRUE.

Nancy Grace was a comedy show tonight. I laughed out loud several times. She stopped someone mid sentence and said to the Defense Attorney talking head "Just what are you laughing at??" Then she demanded his mike be silenced for 30 seconds so the other talking head could talk uninterrupted. What a card.

Okay I watched the bit of video where Mr. Juan-derful does his snapping. He isn't telling the judge her job...he's basically saying it *to Nurmi* but is making it look like he's talking to the judge. "That's not how it works (this he's saying for/to Nurmi), then he looks at the judge, "I object and you rule!" (this he says not to instruct the judge but to make his point in front of Nurmi, who had kept going and not waiting). Go listen to it again. It's very subtle, but I saw what he was doing.

Maybe. I didn't see it personally. But what I was told was the perception of the court personnel who were there in the courtroom at the time and didn't watch the video playback.

eta: they also remarked that it was followed immediately by a side bar. Their impression was that it was to address Juan's remark.

BBM

If Katie signs up here... you should tell her she should call herself 'theotherkatie' ... We'll all know who she is then hehehe I'm curious if she's a little discouraged with her dream of being a talking head with the cuts to TruTV and in light of JC and BK being laid off?

Any plans for you to be on Dr. Drew, or any word from NG show yet?[/quote]
YES! Great questions! I will come back first thing to see the answers! G'night

I LOVE the nickname suggestion! Cute!

Nancy Grace was a comedy show tonight. I laughed out loud several times. She stopped someone mid sentence and said to the Defense Attorney talking head "Just what are you laughing at??" Then she demanded his mike be silenced for 30 seconds so the other talking head could talk uninterrupted. What a card.

She constantly cracks me up. She has her little Southern quips and quick wit. I'd love to hang out with her. She'll be here next week I hear. And I've already carved out my court schedule.

I feel like a lot of the gaps or delays in Jodi's testimony today involved the conflict between her vivid true memories and her false story.

Also, there are so many lies here to be debated, I'm curious what people here believe the MOST IMPORTANT LIES are?

1. Where the gun came from. MAJOR importance and I think it will be shown to be a lie on her part. Not only whose gun it was, but where it actually was when she grabbed it.

2. WHY she grabbed the gun. No one is going to believe that he actually tried to kill her because she dropped the camera. More likely, he thought she was already gone, and he saw a flash and saw her there, with a camera and a knife. I think he may have lunged at her, but if so it was in self defense on his part.
She probably DID drop the camera, when he jumped out of the shower in sheer panic when he realized she finally lost her mind.

I mean their quickly read scripted blurbs about what happened each day. One friend said "but I saw on the news that he beat her up" abd hubby said " but didn't he rape her in the (you know what he said)?"

Makes ne so so mad. Guess I might be overly invested and can't expect everyone to follow.... but I would like "the news" to clarify when they give their rundown.

Mike W gave a pretty good rundown over the weekend. But he is just getting so hard to watch. I don't know what is going on in his life, but he always looks like he is on the bad end of a bender.

Really? Cause I know the court didn't love it. I personally have never, ever, heard counsel speak to the court that way. It was the topic of conversation at the courthouse today and no one thought it was cool. They all thought it was crazy and foolish. The story was told with wide-eyed "can you believe he said that" incredulity -- and not in a good way.

when he made the objection comment today I think he was schooling Nurmi on how an objection works because Nurmi just kept talking over him while he was voicing an objection to the judge.it wasnt so much her he was snapping at ..that is just how I saw the exchange anyway

BBM

Any plans for you to be on Dr. Drew, or any word from NG show yet?[/quote]
YES! Great questions! I will come back first thing to see the answers! G'night

I LOVE the nickname suggestion! Cute!

I just saw this missy post. That's so funny because this evening I told her she's being called "the other katie" and she giggled.

I had a long talk with her about her dreams tonite...good topic on someone's BD! I still think she will somehow get "discovered" on this. She's a natural on TV and I'm telling you she is sincere in her desire to reach out to people, support victims, support justice. She's one of those Barbie doll looking girls you want to not like but she's so nice and sincere she wins you over.

That's my experience anyway...and everyone I talk to who meets her. I'll just say she is FAR nicer to these nuts I go out of my way to avoid at the courthouse. I'm kind of a beeyotch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leenaa