Jodi Arias Trial discussion, #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO Flores did very well by not getting rattled. (Ray Romano could play him in the TV movie.)

I suspect this was irritating to the jury - I kept seeing the woman defense attorney sneaking glances to left with concern on her face - I suspect she was trying to gauge the jury's reaction to this badgering.

Am I the only one who gets a vibe that JA is often trying to suppress a smile?

No, I get that vibe too. ESPECIALLY when they were trying to show the hallway and how it could have gone down. The look in her eyes said it all, "Well, what had happened was..."

I bet they ask for a mistrial because the detective changed his testimony from his GJ testimony. Is there a lawyer on this thread? Can we get an expert opinion?

you dont get a mistrial for that

So, Defense thinks it will make a big difference that at one point the Detective thought she shot him first with a gun, but in reality, she stabbed Travis in the heart first.

This is important and has to do with proving a self-defense case.

I'm having a brain freeze. Time to read your posts.

WHY...would she place him in the closet for a bit? who to hide him from? I mean just leave him in the middle of the bathroom while she showers. Can someone explain it to me please? Thanks

I don't think he was IN the linen closet. It's tiny. But remember the blood spatter evidence lady said the pools of blood at the bathroom end of the hall may be where the "blood source" was placed for a time. So he probably bled out there while she took a shower.

BUT, if she puts him in the shower stall AFTER taking a shower, that would just get her all bloody again!

I bet they ask for a mistrial because the detective changed his testimony from his GJ testimony. Is there a lawyer on this thread? Can we get an expert opinion?
I'm not a lawyer, but do you think the defense thought that a big blow to the DA?

No, I get that vibe too. ESPECIALLY when they were trying to show the hallway and how it could have gone down. The look in her eyes said it all, "Well, what had happened was..."

Maybe she was reliving it!

Thanks for your comment. I'm still curious, though...

1. I didn't realize he had a brain concussion.

2. I thought they said the bullet -- miraculously -- didn't go through Travis' brain.

3. What caused the concussion? A gunshot wound? Could it have been a kick in the head? Or that his head "whiplashed" on a wall and jogged his brain around?

4. My understanding is that people can live a while with a concussion. (Example: actress Natasha Richardson). So, if gunshot in the head caused a concussion -- but didn't go through his brain -- seems he could have crawled and still put up a fight.

ME said bullet passed thru his right frontal lobe. The defense tried to claim it was a magic bullet that somehow went around his brain and didn't follow the laws if psychics and trajectory,

The concussion would be caused by the bullet exploding in his head. It's not like a arrow or other projectile. Bullets cause brain concussions. That's what the ME explained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me, it is not so important if the Det.'s testimony about the ME's testimony (which IS hearsay, BTW) had an inaccuracy about the wound examination, but rather if the ME's testimony had an inaccuracy about the wound examination.

Come on.

Right??

the defense is hoping the jury is not that smart. :twocents:

Place names of towns on receipts and during phone call with Det. Flores of
Mesa P.D.
I will add more as needed or requested.

34fbrsw.jpg

I don't think he was IN the linen closet. It's tiny. But remember the blood spatter evidence lady said the pools of blood at the bathroom end of the hall may be where the "blood source" was placed for a time. So he probably bled out there while she took a shower.

BUT, if she puts him in the shower stall AFTER taking a shower, that would just get her all bloody again!

IMO she stood over a dead Travis and showered.

I presume in the shower where he was found. She may have showered before she put him back in the shower. With the likely huge pool of blood in the linen closet I suspect she placed him there for a bit.

ETA: That cardboard box in the linen closet is really good evidence I think that proves he was laying there for a bit and bled out in there for some period of time. And that after he was removed water was splashed around in there. The fact that it's still so red indicates there was a LOT of blood at some point in that closet.

:goodpost: That makes so much sense to me.

Did they test the blood on the washer to see if it was JA's?

Thanks for your comment. I'm still curious, though...

1. I didn't realize he had a brain concussion.

2. I thought they said the bullet -- miraculously -- didn't go through Travis' brain.

3. What caused the concussion? A gunshot wound? Could it have been a kick in the head? Or that his head "whiplashed" on a wall and jogged his brain around?

4. My understanding is that people can live a while with a concussion. (Example: actress Natasha Richardson). So, if gunshot in the head caused a concussion -- but didn't go through his brain -- seems he could have crawled and still put up a fight.

The ME was adament that the bullet passed through the brain. The defense attorney kept trying to get him to say otherwise.

Good point. I just can't see her showering in that stall with Travis's body crumpled all over the floor of it.

It IS gruesome to most of us, I'm sure, Cuckoohead -- but she isn't one of us -- after she did what she did to him, would there really be a limit in her mind as to doing whatever else? She may have taken pleasure in washing her dirt & incrimination off onto him. "Take that, you esso bee," she says with a wicked smile. <gag>

The ME was adament that the bullet passed through the brain. The defense attorney kept trying to get him to say otherwise.

iirc and there was no bleeding which would mean he was dead

Oh wait.... I got it!

She shot him in the bathroom. Then the two if them rolled together in the hallway .... as he continued to attack her....she was on the floor and had to reach around him to stab him in the back!

Seems like I remember the ME said there was no hemorrhaging in his brain caused by the bullet which indicated his heart was not pumping (not a surprise since she stabbed him in the chest) before she shot him.

At least I think that's what was said :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members