Jodi Arias Trial discussion, #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Legal question: Will the jury have access to Judge Duncan's findings in the DP hearing that this Judge just read? Specifically-all of Judge Duncan's conclusions about the wound sequences (same as ME's testimony) and the extent of the victim's suffering?

Obviously, it won't matter if a First Degree verdict is not given.

Also, if they are privy to this documentation, do they get to see it before or after they render their initial verdict? TIA.

And will that hold, whether or not others say the gunshot came first or came later?

Yes, she pretty much covered all her bases and was careful to craft her verbal order denying the motion. Her order should pass the appeal test.

where else was she going to put him? I don't think she was hiding him from anyone it was a matter of convenience. She couldn't drag him out of the house. And she probably knew that they both couldn't fit in the shower at the same time.

I think she placed him there for a time so she could clean up around the bathroom. I think she used the cup to clear out a way for her out of the bathroom hallway. I'm not sure if the sink was found open as it is in the pictures but it appears she might have used cleaning products under the sink. And it's possible that if she placed him there for a bit she also took a shower to clean off the majority of blood from her body.

In any even based off the photos of the linen closet and not find blood up high on the shelves but only on the floor I would presume that the cardboard box tells a story that he had been laying in there for a considerable about of time bleeding out.

She didn't completely stop from getting blood through the house. There was some found by the washer and dryer and the power room sink.

She drags him back to the linen closet after he is dead and gets water on him while he is on the floor to clean him up either before of after her shower. That gets water on the floor by the linen closet. She might not even intended to put him in the shower yet because he's heavy and the shower is small. But she definitely needed to get him back to where he could be cleaned, so I see her moving him closer to the water as her first order of business. He proceeds to bleed out a little more on the floor by the linen closet as she takes her shower. While she showers she notices the cuts on her hands. She gets out of the shower and now out of a big concern that her blood is on him, she puts him into the shower. After moving him, she she wouldn't need to re-shower if she washed him first while he is on the floor.

Note: getting him across the floor would not have require much from her if she still had adrenaline coursing through her veins. Heck, she managed to do some pretty crazy stuff to kill him, yet some posts are debating how on earth she got the strength to move him across the room and into the shower. It's a non-issue in my books. Would have been nothing for her at that point.

After he's in the shower, she splashes water all the way down the hall toward the carpet to erase*footprints, etc.*and to give her a path out of the bedroom. She was probably buck naked at this point and swished her way to the end with a towel under her feet. I have done this when I don't want to walk on my freshly washed floor.

To get all traces of the blood off of her, she uses the downstairs sink to do some last minute cleaning.

P.S. She might have shot him because his body did some kind of post-death twitching? If there is such a thing. Or maybe when she went to move him the second time, she was worried he might spring to life again. She might have done it only to be thoroughly sure, but then why leave the camera.

P.P.S. I want to see those last few shower photos to understand what was going on in the lead up to this. To me the clean up part is pretty straightforward if we remember there was a lot of blood and she was probably doing many things in a semi-frazzled manner. Probably still had a lot of adrenaline.

Sniff sniff....

Is that the smell of desperation?

I think they're just trying to set her up for appeals later

I would be disappointed in her attorneys if they didn't. It's their job to create a good record should this ever come up on appeal.

Legal question: Will the jury have access to Judge Duncan's findings in the DP hearing that this Judge just read? Specifically-all of Judge Duncan's conclusions about the wound sequences (same as ME's testimony) and the extent of the victim's suffering?

Also, if they are privy to this documentation, do they get to see it before or after they render their initial verdict? TIA.

No. They won't have access to Duncan stuff

bbm

My kids will be severely neglected by then... :what:

No! Make this a time for the kids to gradually take on responsibility. Only Mon. - Thurs during court hours. It's a win-win for everyone.

Unless they're in diapers. Then you're in trouble! :)

I know, right? I was thinking, what part of this wasn't cruel and unusual? He suffered horribly.

Right that is a prerequisite for this be death penalty qualified crime. They were arguing that had the judge who decided that this was a DP qualified crime had known about the the different sequence of events (ie the gun shot came before rather than after the other wounds) then her ruling would have been different i.e she would have not made this a DP case.

No.

They will only have access to any admitted exhibits, their recollections of the testimony and any notes they take. Sometimes not all the admitted exhibits are given to the jury. There are different reasons they can be withheld.

Oh AND a copy of jury instructions.

No! Make this a time for the kids to gradually take on responsibility. Only Mon. - Thurs during court hours. It's a win-win for everyone.

Unless they're in diapers. Then you're in trouble! :)

Ha!

I homeschool!
My kid is awfully interested in the criminal justice system, so he's taking another online college course on the Constitution and another on Crime Scene Investigation and is watching the trial with me. We had originally planned to attend the Autumn Pasquale trial. This courts schedule is great because he wo t miss homeschool co-op classes on Mondays and Fridays!

Ha!

I homeschool!
My kid is awfully interested in the criminal justice system, so he's taking another online college course on the Constitution and another on Crime Scene Investigation and is watching the trial with me. We had originally planned to attend the Autumn Pasquale trial. This courts schedule is great because he wo t miss homeschool co-op classes on Mondays and Fridays!

Most trials are dark either Monday or Fridays. Those are normally motion days for the Judges.

Those were transcripts of the previous 2 hearings (probable cause and Crohn) so they are on the record for appeal if Jodi gets the DP. I really liked that the judge was prepared to make her ruling right away.

BBM
Actually I wish she would have taken more time with her ruling, her ruling will get scrutinized to the utmost level, I hope it is sound.

Ha!

I homeschool!

I'm homeschooling DS for the timebeing, since Christmas. Not sure what we'll do longterm (insert long story here). So that's why I'm not watching - I don't think the trial is appropriate for a 10-yr-old... :no:

I'm homeschooling DS for the timebeing, since Christmas. Not sure what we'll do longterm (insert long story here). So that's why I'm not watching - I don't think the trial is appropriate for a 10-yr-old... :no:

Understandable!

Mine is 15...

We will have to swap long stories sometime in pm:)

BBM
Actually I wish she would have taken more time with her ruling, her ruling will get scrutinized to the utmost level, I hope it is sound.

She likely didn't rule solely on oral argument alone. I'm sure both sides admitted papers and fully briefed this motion. I'm sure she read up on their arguments from their papers.

She likely didn't rule solely on oral argument alone. I'm sure both sides admitted papers and fully briefed this motion. I'm sure she read up on their arguments from their papers.

I agree, it just came rather quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members