John Edwards Mistress

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The entire family wants to ride this gravy train. Who is really behind all of this media buzz about JE? I have some doubts. We may find out at the convention in Denver!:furious:

Unfortunately the public wants to know all about it; and once it gets out, it's OUT. I'm sure people know more about Rielle's background now than the crisis or the history of Georgia.

I don't think the Convention in Denver is interested in calling attention to it; quite the opposite.

He is a has been; they will not be at the Convention and if he was ever in consideration for VP he certainly won't be mentioned now.

The article did not say that Druck was prosecuted for anything; but the informant evidently got into trouble and had executed 20 horses?

He died rather young at 56, I wonder what he died from?

It sounds like Rielle came from a wealthy background; I wonder why she needed John Edwards' money? (already blew Daddy's money?) She sounds like quite an opportunist, though no one paid John money to go along with her.

No, I understand that he is dead now as well but it show what type of family she came from and how she viewed her place in the world. Her father was an attorney and he had plenty of money and yet he chose to electrocute a horse for an insurance check in return. Great Family Values and all that.

All we know is that there were implications from a convicted man named Burns in regards to killing these horses. That was back in 1992. That Sports Illustrated interview was after Druck's death. So, one man's word over a dead man. How does this have any bearing on how she "viewed her place in the world"? Well, none of us have any possible idea what her thoughts were back then. I disagree that it also show what type of family she was from.

I am finding not all things fit into a fixed definition of family or life experiences. But, that's just me. I admit to being a little more open minded to other possibilities that are not apparent for the moment.

IMHO

IMO he is only a has been if they uncover he used campaign funds improperly. He is toast as far as getting a spot in Obama's administration, but could absolutely have a comeback somewhere in the future once this dies down.

IMO he is only a has been if they uncover he used campaign funds improperly. He is toast as far as getting a spot in Obama's administration, but could absolutely have a comeback somewhere in the future once this dies down.

Maybe, what ever happend to Gary Hart?

I agree. As evidence look at the Republican Nominee and Newt Gingrich...I could go on and on. This is NOT new to politics and is certainly not a "Democrats" only phenomenon.

I do know of one politico who managed infidelity with a who-gives-a-damn attitude.

Back in day, my dad was in CA politics. He served with Willie Brown who was speaker of the Assembly and later, Mayor of San Francisco. I met several of Willie's attractive young girl friends including the one he set up in a fancy Sacramento office at the new "Assembly Office of Travel", her job was to walk to a real travel agency and pick up the tickets when she wasn't going places with Willie.
Now when Willie became SF Mayor, one of sweet young things gave birth to Willie's baby. Willie was quite proud of the child, posed for photos, and the reporters ask if he was going to marry the mother..Hell no! Willie sensibly pointed out that he was already married and married for very long time, close to 50 years. He saw no reason to change that. It seems to work for him.

I agree. As evidence look at the Republican Nominee and Newt Gingrich...I could go on and on. This is NOT new to politics and is certainly not a "Democrats" only phenomenon.

Absolutely - this is a mankind issue, not a party issue. Many many men stray from their fidelity vows - women too, but more men than women.

It does not surprise or outrage me when men cheat (though of course I hate the sadness that is often spread when feet of clay crumble), but I am fascinated at the phenomenon. Lifelong sexual fidelity is a laudable goal but not an easy one.

I do know of one politico who managed infidelity with a who-gives-a-damn attitude.

Back in day, my dad was in CA politics. He served with Willie Brown who was speaker of the Assembly and later, Mayor of San Francisco. I met several of Willie's attractive young girl friends including the one he set up in a fancy Sacramento office at the new "Assembly Office of Travel", her job was to walk to a real travel agency and pick up the tickets when she wasn't going places with Willie.
Now when Willie became SF Mayor, one of sweet young things gave birth to Willie's baby. Willie was quite proud of the child, posed for photos, and the reporters ask if he was going to marry the mother..Hell no! Willie sensibly pointed out that he was already married and married for very long time, close to 50 years. He saw no reason to change that. It seems to work for him.

I love Willie Brown!

The article states, as others have quoted other media sources, that JE let Elizabeth in on the truth slowly and she struggled with the decision on what to do. Then her cancer became untreatable and she knew that eventually her children would need to find a life with their father and without her. She felt sure that making a clean breast of it to the public would bring them some closure-the opposite has happened and she has no intention of playing it out in the spotlight of the media.

God bless this poor woman-at a time when it is essential to maintain a balance between her body, soul and spirit, she is living a nightmare.

It will be interesting to see how they weather everything...

The article states, as others have quoted other media sources, that JE let Elizabeth in on the truth slowly and she struggled with the decision on what to do. Then her cancer became untreatable and she knew that eventually her children would need to find a life with their father and without her. She felt sure that making a clean breast of it to the public would bring them some closure-the opposite has happened and she has no intention of playing it out in the spotlight of the media.

God bless this poor woman-at a time when it is essential to maintain a balance between her body, soul and spirit, she is living a nightmare.

It will be interesting to see how they weather everything...

I read the article, and it is sad.

So the wealthy Druck had the horse killed for a net profit of $25,000 (over what he could have sold it for?) Unbelievable.

There was no proof of that as fact. The story was told to a writer from SI by Burns after Druck died. There was never any evidence pointing to Druck paying for that horse murder deed.

There was no proof of that as fact. The story was told to a writer from SI by Burns after Druck died. There was never any evidence pointing to Druck paying for that horse murder deed.

SI has pretty good fact checkers, I wonder why they would include a story like that if could have been easily discount. I tend to believe it because the subject had already served his time. He fully admitted killing the horses, why would he make up that part? Why was Druck's name included?

That method of killing is very similar to the way farm rasied fur Mink are killed.
I know enough about horse world to know things like this are more common than you think they are. When big money is on the scene, bad choices often follow. Hunters and jumpers are now a big money sport.
I put horse racing as one of the cruelest sports, right next to dog fighting.
In one season, at one track last year, Del Mar, between 13 and 17 horses died, put down for "injuries" and deaths happen every year at all race tracks. Odd, isn't it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhartley90
Back