John Edwards Mistress

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Curiously OL, are you a man or a woman?

You don't have to answer if you don't want to, you don't even have to respond.

:)

Hmmm, and that should matter, why??? ;) I am a woman. FWIW, there has been infidelity in my life. Yep, been there and lived it. I just think this his *his* problem to deal with with his family. I'm just joe (jane? lol) schmoe. His betrayal and family are my problem how? There not.

Edwards will, or has been, be held accountable accordingly. That's all I'm saying.

Hmmm, and that should matter, why??? ;) I am a woman. FWIW, there has been infidelity in my life. Yep, been there and lived it. I just think this his *his* problem to deal with with his family. I'm just joe (jane? lol) schmoe. His betrayal and family are my problem how? There not.

Edwards will, or has been, be held accountable accordingly. That's all I'm saying.

Your entitled to your opinion of course, however he's a public figure and this to me says something about his character, especially when he's playing the loving, caring family man and husband and my God, his wife has incurable Cancer.

Thanks for responding OL and thanks for the extra details :blowkiss:

Men and women usually have different visceral responses to infedelity and that is why I was curious.

I guess the main reason I feel like, in John Edwards case, it is something I should be concerned with is due to the fact that the man asked me to vote for him as the leader of the free world.

If it was my neighbor, not such an issue, agreed.

This betrayal of his wife and very young family, in my opinion, tells me alot about his character. I would not feel comfortable with him as my President.

But that's just me.....
:rose:

It becomes an issue for the American public when you are running for an elected office of which you have lied bold faced too people who have donated money to help you get elected. And even though it's more common than we like to admit - I'd preferably not like to have an admitted liar as the person I vote for. Of course, we're eat up with dishonest politicians, but I'd like to stay away from those that are proven to be dishonest. I didn't like or vote for J.E. here in N.C. as a senator - I sure as heck wasn't going to vote for him as president. But I do think when someone is running for office - and would have likely run again - or be nominated as our v.p. - it does become *our* business when he lies. If he wants to be a cheating, lying dog - do it on his own time. Don't waste the American public's time spilling lies out while you look them in the face and ask for their vote.

I matters to me not at all b/c I never would have voted for him and don't think he would have been elected should he have won the nomination. However, I do think it would have been interesting to see his comments on the Clinton/Lewinsky/Flowers/anyone else scandals or perhaps if he commented on other politicians' personal lives. I find these things much more revealing when they are seen in the light of previous comments condemning their opponents for similar behavior (ala Eliot Spitzer).

I have no idea where he stood on those things and he is no longer politically relevant, so I would agree that it doesn't matter. The NE should leave him alone and let poor Elizabeth have some peace. I don't know how sick she really is, but give the woman a break.

Your entitled to your opinion of course, however he's a public figure and this to me says something about his character, especially when he's playing the loving, caring family man and husband and my God, his wife has incurable Cancer.

Yep, I got that. My mother had incurable cancer. She died. Father carried on his affair before, during, and after her death. I *know* the pain on every possible level. Only difference is my father was not in the public eye. However, equally damaging was that he was in his families eyes. Accountability can be a . Still is.

IMHO an affair is one thing. BUT an affair when your wife is too sick to leave your sorry *advertiser censored** is another.
I don't care about his excuses. He is through with politics. His wife deserved some loyalty at a time like this.

I think that he is still lying. I think that he is the father of that baby. Actually, I think that his apology was a major mess. If the affair was over, why on earth was he sneaking in and out of the woman's hotel in the early hours of the morning, when he should have been at home in bed with his wife? He said that he could not be the father of the baby because of the time frame - yea, right! If Elizabeth is strong enough to stand it, she should demand that he take a paternity test. I bet that it turns out to be positive.

FWIW, I honestly could care less. The man screwed up (no pun intended), he owned up to it, and he will have to deal with the outcome of his decision. Don't get me wrong, I am not giving him a free pass of infidelity, but I don't care personally. It has no effect on me whatsoever. And, it shouldn't.

He will be held accountable by those closest to him. His family.

IMHO

Only because he was busted by the National Enquirer

Only because he was busted by the National Enquirer

Well, media wise, yes. However, none of us know if this was knowledge within the Edwards home before hand. It's very possible it was. This is absolutely horrific for this family. I wish them all such strength to get through this.

I think that he is still lying. I think that he is the father of that baby. Actually, I think that his apology was a major mess. If the affair was over, why on earth was he sneaking in and out of the woman's hotel in the early hours of the morning, when he should have been at home in bed with his wife? He said that he could not be the father of the baby because of the time frame - yea, right! If Elizabeth is strong enough to stand it, she should demand that he take a paternity test. I bet that it turns out to be positive.

One of his married staffers admitted to fathering the baby, Young I believe. Both he and the mistress acknowledged his paternity-this lady certainly had a way with the Edwards staff, lol!

I am disappointed because he flat out lied about it when it was brought up before and now-too bad, but not criminal. I wouldn't have wanted to face Elizabeth if I were him-she is infinitely smarter IMO. "Hey honey glad you are better after your brush with death-I was screwing the staff...very sorry." Just doesn't seem to cut it, huh?

One of his married staffers admitted to fathering the baby, Young I believe. Both he and the mistress acknowledged his paternity-this lady certainly had a way with the Edwards staff, lol!

I am disappointed because he flat out lied about it when it was brought up before and now-too bad, but not criminal. I wouldn't have wanted to face Elizabeth if I were him-she is infinitely smarter IMO. "Hey honey glad you are better after your brush with death-I was screwing the staff...very sorry." Just doesn't seem to cut it, huh?

What the heck? Ms Hunter was some kind of pass-me-around pleasure for the whole campaign? Comfort Woman?
I bet every guy who worked in the inner circle is facing some uncomfortable questioning by his significant other right about now.
Frankly, she does not look Shag-a-licious to me but she must appeal to the guys who like their women easy and equine.

What the heck? Ms Hunter was some kind of pass-me-around pleasure for the whole campaign? Comfort Woman?
I bet every guy who worked in the inner circle is facing some uncomfortable questioning by his significant other right about now.
Frankly, she does not look Shag-a-licious to me but she must appeal to the guys who like their women easy and equine.

*ouch*

Watching Larry King Live on this sad situation. Edward's people are on pushing the "he made a mistake, he's human" excuse. Edward's is a hypocrite and his explanations are laughable. I feel for his wife. Can't imagine how he could run for president knowing that this could come out - unbelievable!!! Are these men (a la Spitzer) for real? Not surprised by the infidelity - but really does Edwards believe Americans are idiots? No he's not the father but is meeting with his former lover in a hotel?

Nine years ago, John Edwards had this to say about Bill Clinton and the Monica Lewinsky affair: "I think this president has shown a remarkable disrespect for his office, for the moral dimensions of leadership, for his friends, for his wife, for his precious daughter." Today, after nearly a year of denials, Edwards confessed he'd committed his own "serious error in judgment."

from The Charlotte Observer.com

I feel for his wife... does anyone know how she is doing, right now, with her health?

What the heck? Ms Hunter was some kind of pass-me-around pleasure for the whole campaign? Comfort Woman? I bet every guy who worked in the inner circle is facing some uncomfortable questioning by his significant other right about now.

Couldn't she find any single guys? She seemed to not be bothered by word, "married." Young, who is married, is saying the child is his.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back