John Ramsey Fabricated Open Basement Window "Evidence"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
icedtea4me said:
Yet he was already on the first floor, the same floor where the living room was located. Therefore, there would be no need for him to go up the next floor.
-Tea
Why not? He went up to the 2nd floor to get a blanket. When I am on the first (ground) floor of my house and I want a blanket, I have to go up to the second floor, where the linen closet is, to get one. It makes sense that the second floor would be the most logical place to find a blanket.

capps said:
" So when I first found her ..."

I have to admit that's a strange way for John to phrase that ... was there a second time he found her?

Apparently he is not using "first" as a sequential reference (first, second, third), but as a way of saying that his INITIAL response when he found her was that he was glad the suspense was over. Now THAT is the part that bothers me in this quote. I can understand a parent feeling relief when a missing child's body is found when that child has been missing for a very long time. It is a sense of closure and an outcome that the parents at least realize is likely. However, when a child has only been missing a few hours, I cannot imagine feeling any kind of relief in finding her dead body.

"Which book is that? Do you know?"

I believe it's "JonBenet: The Police File." Look for it on eBay.

"Lord, poor John, he was faced with a horror and still remained a caring husband. He brought her upstairs and ran to get her a blanket so Patsy wouldn't have to see."

I don't know. Sometimes I think so, but some of the police there said he made no attempt to comfort Patsy at all. But, maybe he was caught up in something else.

"I have to admit that's a strange way for John to phrase that ... was there a second time he found her?"

There might have been, capps. Sometimes the Rams slip up in their statements and say her body was found in the morning.

my interpretation is he is telling one part of the story and then jumps back to when he found her in the basement, hence, saying he ran upstairs and then back down with the blanket. That is why he says when I first found her...meaning not what happened in the mess afterwards but when he first found her in the basement. And he is saying he left her because she was dead, went back upstairs unbeknownst to anyone and got a blanket to cover her with.

It is all BS.

Cypros said:
Why not? He went up to the 2nd floor to get a blanket. When I am on the first (ground) floor of my house and I want a blanket, I have to go up to the second floor, where the linen closet is, to get one. It makes sense that the second floor would be the most logical place to find a blanket.

Okay...so is the TV room on the 2nd floor? Since he said he "probably" got the blanket from the TV room, was that TV room one floor above the ground floor where he deposited JB's body after bringing her up from the basement?

Toltec said:
PR: It just happened so fast, and I, you know, read that letter and said "We have your daughter," your mind goes berserk. I mean I was - and then I went up there and my child is not in the bed. You know, I didn't, nothing against your questioning, but no, I didn't stand around and say I wonder if she is in here, I wonder if she is in there. I screamed for John...I mean my knees were like, you know, buckling. And oh, God, and he came down and I said, "She's gone, she's gone, there is a note, she's been kidnapped."
[/B]

I haven't researched and studied this case like the majority of you here, but I have a question (which may sound stupid) - but when speaking of slips of the tongue or telling lies, this statement does not make sense to me. If Patsy read the RN, then went upstairs to check to see if "my child" was in the bed and she wasn't - then where and when did she scream for John? Because she goes on to state he "came down" and she said "She's gone, she's gone..." My question is - were JB's bedroom on the same level as the adult Ramsey's or were they on different floors? If she screamed for him did she scream for him all the way down where she found the RN or did she scream for him in JB's bedroom when she found her not in the bed? If she went to JB's bedroom and found her not in the bed, why would she go all the way back down to where she found the RN note in the first place to scream for John to come?

less0305 said:
I haven't researched and studied this case like the majority of you here, but I have a question (which may sound stupid) - but when speaking of slips of the tongue or telling lies, this statement does not make sense to me. If Patsy read the RN, then went upstairs to check to see if "my child" was in the bed and she wasn't - then where and when did she scream for John? Because she goes on to state he "came down" and she said "She's gone, she's gone..." My question is - were JB's bedroom on the same level as the adult Ramsey's or were they on different floors? If she screamed for him did she scream for him all the way down where she found the RN or did she scream for him in JB's bedroom when she found her not in the bed? If she went to JB's bedroom and found her not in the bed, why would she go all the way back down to where she found the RN note in the first place to scream for John to come?

Patsy says that when she yelled "JOHN", shse was on the second floor landing...

THE STATEMENT JOHN GAVE 'THANK GOD I FOUND HER' CAN BE FOUND IN THE NE BOOK PAGES 306-7.

"Apparently he is not using "first" as a sequential reference (first, second, third), but as a way of saying that his INITIAL response when he found her was that he was glad the suspense was over."

Yes, Cypros,I believe you are correct. After rereading the post,I realized that was exactly what he was saying. But it was getting late,and I was too tired to post it. I just got back from California ... and we all know what jet lag does to one!

sissi said:
Lord, poor John, he was faced with a horror and still remained a caring husband. He brought her upstairs and ran to get her a blanket so Patsy wouldn't have to see. Linda Arndt did something similar, she covered her with a sweatshirt. BTW, I was looking at the artist rendering earlier today, it did not depict Jonbenet in the position that has been described. No arms frozen into position over her head in the "front of her".
That's right Sissi. The artist obviously got it wrong because the photo at the crime scene you mentioned (where she had to have been in rigor mortis!) shows Jonbenet with her elbows bent and not stretched out above her head and she looks like she is sleeping. The actual crime scene picture is on the ACandyRose site, I don't have the link here at the moment (I believe the caption says 'Jon Benet at house').

But I almost fell out of my chair when reading that John allegedly ran upstairs to get a blanket, for wasn't Fleet White with John when he discovered JB's body at 1 pm, and hadn't she already been wrapped in the blanket then??

less0305 said:
The parents' bedroom was on the 3rd floor. They had the attic rennovated and made it into their bedroom. Burke's bedroom was beneath theirs, on the 2nd floor, in the old portion of the home, while JBR's bedroom was on the 2nd floor but on the far side of the house which was all new.

rashomon said:
).

But I almost fell out of my chair when reading that John allegedly ran upstairs to get a blanket, for wasn't Fleet White with John when he discovered JB's body at 1 pm, and hadn't she already been wrapped in the blanket then??

Yes , he laid her on the carpet and ran upstairs to grab a blanket, then Linda Arndt covered her and "she" moved her under the Christmas tree. He was already on the first level of the house with her, he did not bring the blanket with her from the basement. BTW, her feet and arms were not covered , the blanket was under her, the killer threw the blanket over her, one corner then the next. This isn't something a parent would do, they would have put her arms at rest, shut her opened mouth, and tucked her in. This is NOT , however many rumors state it was, the way it was done.

less0305 said:
Okay...so is the TV room on the 2nd floor? Since he said he "probably" got the blanket from the TV room, was that TV room one floor above the ground floor where he deposited JB's body after bringing her up from the basement?

I am looking at the floor plans of the house provided in PMPT. None of the rooms is labeled "TV Room" but there is a large "children's playroom" on the second floor (right at the top of the stairs) that could be the TV room. The first floor consists of the usual -- living room, kitchn and dining room -- plus a breakfast room and a solarium. I'm guessing that the Ramsey's had a formal living room and that John would not have called in the TV room, but that is just my guess. Somebody else may know more about the TV room.

'THANK GOD I FOUND HER'

Why would he be glad?

Sounds stupid: if he didn't want Patsy to see her, why did he bother bringing her up?

"BTW, her feet and arms were not covered , the blanket was under her, the killer threw the blanket over her, one corner then the next."

If you read John's testimony, you'll read that she was quite tucked in, which the FBI noted. PLUS, her favorite nightgown was in with her. They noted that as well. It's possible there was a plan to take her out of the house.

"This isn't something a parent would do, they would have put her arms at rest, shut her opened mouth, and tucked her in. This is NOT , however many rumors state it was, the way it was done."

Why not just put up a sign that said "Child murdered by parents!"

Even John said that, from the way she was wrapped, the killer didn't mean to harm her.

About the chair in the doorway to the train room.

Cound it be that it was placed there to step on to reach something. Maybe the paintbrush tray.
Where was the paintbrush tray normally stored?
It seems from the photograph http://www.acandyrose.com/trainroom-window.jpg
there was alot of stuff on shelves close to the doorway.
It seems PR's art stuff was placed here.
Maybe if there was stageing made regarding the basment window perhaps the perp forgot this when he/she pulled up the chair here.
Or JR was the stager of the window after moving the chair and misspoke about the chair later.

From the JR interview, the chair and drum table were on the outside i.e. entrance side of the door, which proves no one exited via the train room window. If I remember correctly, JR said he had to move the chair and table to open the door.

Yes the chair seems to have been outside the door when JR moved it

7 JOHN RAMSEY: I came down the stairs. I went
8 in this room here. This door was kind of blocked.
9 We had a bunch of junk down here and there was a
10 chair that was in front of the door. Some old
11 things. I moved the chair, went into this room,
12 went back in here. This window was open, maybe
13 that far.

but does that invalidate the idea that the chair was used to climb and reach up some shelves?
what is important is
where there shelves where the chair was found?
where was the paintbrush tray stored normally?

I'm not sure where the paint tray was normally stored. I remember reading it was up in the kitchen area until Thanksgiving time when it was moved to the cellar. I think it was found outside the door - can't remember if it was the train room door or the wine cellar door. It sounds like the chair and table were moved around a bit when the crime scene photos were taken, but that's just a wild guess.

The painttray was found outside the wine cellar door. Together with the wooden fragments from the brush.

Are there any photographs of the doorway leadning to the train room?

"If I remember correctly, JR said he had to move the chair and table to open the door."

I think so. The killer would have had to try and lean the chair against the door from the inside as her closed it.

Some people just refuse to believe that John found JonBenet in the early a.m.....before the 911 call.

Burke was too scared to get up from his bed and feigned sleep. Don't think so. He got up and asked John "what did you find?"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l
Back