John Tabor-Employer Of GMH

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2008/01/12/tabor_0112.html

(snip)
John Tabor said in September he filed a compliant with authorities after Hilton threatened to kill him if he didn't pay Hilton $10,000. At that point, he told Hilton he had to leave his property. "He cleared out his stuff over the next few days," Tabor said.

I believe this as I have experienced this same kind of dementia with a relative. It is totally off the wall and you know it and you can't decifer exactly what it means. Even still, if you called police it is your word against theirs so nothing is likely to be done. I did call police too. Nothing was ever done.

Hilton was escalating whether he had certain kind of drugs or not. His evil has nothing to do with drugs it is his demons he has always carried with him.If, if, he had been on anti-psychotic drugs it may have helped or not. This was a stressor for him when Tabor wouldn't fork over 10,000 dollars and told him to leave. Not that Tabor shouldn't have done this as this is a reasonable reaction to an absurd request.Hilton was a low functioning serial killer on a spree.

I just saw John Tabor on CNN at 7pm PT.
He impressed me as being a very sincere person and doing his best to work with LE. He told about GMH working for him for 10 years as a tele-marketer.

He told how GMH became more and more delusional in recent times. He said Hilton's dog was always with him.

Tabor said it made him sick to his stomach to find out that GMH had kidnapped a young girl who was probably still alive when GMH called Tabor to ask for money.

I was very impressed with Tabor and how he helped LE. I don't think he was operating a shady business and paying his employees under the table.
He didn't have to contact LE but he did.

This certainly puts Tabor's behavior into perspective. He feared for his life, but was not able to get LE to listen to him. He came across as very honest and sincere. I also smell a lawsuit coming for the newspaper that ran the article.

I am not 100% sure that he is being honest about a few things. One reason I based on a few peoples mention that GMH was sent to work at various jobs and Tabor said at NO TIME was Hilton at any of the jobs. Said he was just a telemarketer and solicitor for his business. The second is just a total guess based on the way he kept looking to the side during certain answers to questions. He also made it seem like he wasnt that well aquainted with Hilton yet he had Hilton sign as witness for various items. (saw a copy of the documents on another sites comments)

I am not 100% sure that he is being honest about a few things. One reason I based on a few peoples mention that GMH was sent to work at various jobs and Tabor said at NO TIME was Hilton at any of the jobs. Said he was just a telemarketer and solicitor for his business. The second is just a total guess based on the way he kept looking to the side during certain answers to questions. He also made it seem like he wasnt that well aquainted with Hilton yet he had Hilton sign as witness for various items. (saw a copy of the documents on another sites comments)

Yes, I saw those documents as well. They were on the Zimbio site. The accusation that Hilton did the work was from way back in 2005. No reason for the plaintiffs to lie about that. Their work was shoddy is the main issue. I saw a video where the deck is being kept by them as evidence, it's in a pile in their backyard.

John Tabor said that he testified under oath that Hilton never did contract work for him. John Tabor is an attorney, he's not ever going to admit he lied. That would have him sanctioned by the State Law Board and result in perjury charges. And he would lose the lawsuit. Then there may be an issue with having an unlicensed contractor working under you if your own license doesn't allow that. Also throw in the fact that the IRS can come after John Tabor for paying an employee under the table. John Tabor didn't "front" 10K to Hilton out of the kindness of his heart. It was for contract work that that Hilton did for him under the table.

Hi, I've been reading this community's site for about a hear, but this case has led me to my first posts both here and in comments on Mr. Huff's site. Please bear with me if I make "newbie" mistakes.

I tend to believe Tabor from his interview statements, despite having significant concerns when I first started reading about him on other forums. I saw documents posted by the family suing his business, and read one deposition that family posted. It's related to Gwinnet County Civil Case 05A-06942-9, Insulated Wall Systems Inc. vs Ron McKinney).

I do want to make a point of clarification about possible repercusions from the Georgia Bar if Tabor has lied concerning the suit/counter-suit. In the deposition dated 2/6/07 (viewable here http://tinyurl.com/2h5dak ), Mr. Tabor states that he has a law degree but is not a member of the bar in any state. So long as he is not practicing law (and I have seen nothing to indicate that he is), I don't believe the bar wouldn't have any authority to sanction him. I'm quoting part of the deposition here (in case it's removed from the linked site).
(Q = Ron McKinney, A = John Tabor)
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,adobe-helvetica,Arial Narrow]5 Q What was your undergraduate degree?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,adobe-helvetica,Arial Narrow]6 A Business administration and criminal [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,adobe-helvetica,Arial Narrow]7 justice.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,adobe-helvetica,Arial Narrow]8 Q And you do have a JD, jurist doctorate?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,adobe-helvetica,Arial Narrow]9 A That is correct.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,adobe-helvetica,Arial Narrow]10 Q Are you a member of the Bar?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,adobe-helvetica,Arial Narrow]11 A No.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,adobe-helvetica,Arial Narrow]12 Q In any state?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,adobe-helvetica,Arial Narrow]13 A No.[/FONT]​

(opinions are my own, and are just that)

Thanks for the info Jax. As usual with case links, your link doesn't work. I hate when that happens with my links. Even if you factor in that Tabor is not an attorney. His admission now that GMH did work for him. Will still leave him open to perjury charges, losing his lawsuit, contrators license, and an IRS audit. Very good reasons to stick the the original story he testified to that Hilton did not do contstruction work for him.

I went to the original doc, and read through the entire thing....

I have a few questions:

John Tabor is only about 45, which means that "Mack" Hilton came to work for him when he was only 35??? Pretty young to be owning your own business, though not unheard of, but it also makes me wonder if maybe this is a family business, and Hilton was really connected in some other way, perhaps hired by a father or uncle?

Also, I found some of the answers to the questions very duplicitous , as when Tabor kept insisting that the advertising postcards for his business were not "his", since Hilton had sent them....

What was Tabor's background in siding? He went to college, then law school...again, I think this is a family business, with perhaps that holding the key to how Hilton came into the picture.

Who is Robert Tabor ( mentioned in the depo)?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mocurrently
Back