OR Jonathan Stockle 18 and Penny Lyles, 15 - On the Run from Threats/Abuse

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

spiritseeker31

Reaction score
Lots and lots of info in video. Jonathan lived with Penny's family in Oregon. Jonathan uncovered abuse and wanted to go to police.
Ryan Lyles threatened to shoot Jonathan Stockle. He threatened Stockle family. School councilor let the kids escape out the back door at school to get away from him. Etc Etc

Poor kids. The father may think he is being unfairly accused, but both kids seem sincerely terrified. And his texts to both of them definitely contain thinly veiled threats IMO. Namely (bbm):
To his daughter: “I’m not gonna hurt him, but if this continues I will get you back home by any means possible”
To the boyfriend: “So much you tried to lie and get me put in jail. F*ck you. You’re a man. You have my kid. I’m looking for you. I don’t care anymore.”

Also, IMO a lot of the other adults involved don’t seem all that committed to returning this girl to her dad (school counselor, boyfriends parents, children’s services)

eta: the comments from neighbors and acquaintances of this father on the fb post by Clatsop County sheriff’s office are illuminating to say the least

Last edited:
Completely agree. Several things raised the hair on my neck - Mr. Lyles threats to not only the kids but to the Stockle parents AND the fact that school officials encouraged them to run.
I believe Mr. Lyles allegedly reiterating conversations that imply the kids are doing drugs are all to mislead everyone.
I could go on and on about uneasy feelings but this post would be book sized.

Sorry for triple posting but I found more info.

The young couple say Penny Lyle’s father, Ryan Lyles, who they live with in Oregon, is physically and verbally abusive and that they refuse to go home.
“The worst one is when he dragged me through the gravel by my hair and ripped chunks of my hair out,” Penny Lyles said.
... Ryan Lyles denied any mistreatment in an interview with News 12 on Nov. 22. He later told News 12 not to contact him further.
The teens ran away Nov. 14 after Ryan Lyles told News 12 he texted them in school about concerns he had with messages he found about their alleged behavior and activity on his older daughter’s phone. Penny Lyles and Jonathan Stockle say they called police that day at their school, Knappa High School, for help but that police told them they didn't have enough evidence and to go home.
“I understand consequence, but the things he would do are not consequences,” Penny Lyles said. “He just hurts me really bad, and I can’t take it. I knew if I went home that was going to happen.”
The teens and Jonathan Stockle’s parents, Wayne and Jessica Stockle, say Ryan Lyles has threatened to hurt Jonathan Stockle and the Stockle family. Jonathan Stockle alleges Ryan Lyles damaged his SUV to prevent them from leaving after they called authorities and that he later thought Ryan Lyles was chasing him through the woods.
“My passenger side rear tire was deflated, and there was a key broken in my ignition,” said Jonathan Stockle.
Ryan Lyles denied he damaged the vehicle or that he was searching for Jonathan Stockle after the two disappeared.

I watched the Nancy Grace video this morning and have been thinking about these kids all day. I agree with those who are saying to keep running. This girl is afraid for her life, her father and his threats need to be taken seriously by LE. I may have misunderstood but the person during the interview who said a school counselor let them run was her father correct? We don't know if this is true if I understood correctly. I also saw a picture of her father that appeared he was being arrested not sure if that happened either. This all started over her older sister and pot and the older sister had already moved but left her phone behind. AND, what's up with her grandmother saying she could only stay with her if the father approved which is the same person she is running from? This is one hot mess IMO. Praying for both of them and if they showed up at my door, I would take them in and get them lawyers.

Very well could be IDK but someone needs to stand up for these kids. JS's father was crying during the interview. So sad.
I hope they make it to someone in JS‘s family far far away. Seems like the dad was pretty open with his abuse so any family in the area has probably known the situation. I haven't heard much about the mother. Hopefully someone is making sure she has a safe escape should she want one.

AND, what's up with her grandmother saying she could only stay with her if the father approved which is the same person she is running from? .
I think that this man has a really strong hold on his daughters and mother.

That being said - I'm getting ready to watch Nancy Graves podcast from today with guest Ryan Lyles. Here goes...

Completely agree. Several things raised the hair on my neck - Mr. Lyles threats to not only the kids but to the Stockle parents AND the fact that school officials encouraged them to run.
I believe Mr. Lyles allegedly reiterating conversations that imply the kids are doing drugs are all to mislead everyone.
I could go on and on about uneasy feelings but this post would be book sized.
This is nuts, but yeah, run!

@spiritseeker31 take notes please, NG seems to like to take a 10 min story and turn it into a 45 min ordeal. I guess that's why she has a show. IMO.
Ill try. Its actually over an hour. SSSoooo much info. Ryan Lyles, Penny and Jonathan and Wayne Stockle all talk to NG. I'll attempt a summary in a bit when I'm done listening.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back