JonBenet Ramsey CORA Files Index

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This has got to be the weirdest case in history. At least two confessions, likely neither of them being the actual perpetrator. Many possible suspects. No resolution to date. So much confusion and misdirection and nonsensical clues. It's as if it was designed from the getgo to be an unsolvable mystery.

helpfulcharlie,

This has got to be the weirdest case in history.

Made in the USofA of course. Sure, all the Ramsey smoke and mirrors, with JR fronting up conspiracy theories on TV does not make sleuthing any easier, but if you are a Ramsey, then that's the point.

If you dig deep enough the forensic evidence links all three remaining Ramseys to the crime-scene, i.e. wine-cellar, there is no forensic evidence linking to anyone outside the house, so it's really a case of pick a killer and see if you can prove your case?

For me its either JR or BR with Patsy helping out. Patsy gains nothing by putting JonBenet in the wine-cellar, she just incriminates herself by default.

helpfulcharlie,

Made in the USofA of course. Sure, all the Ramsey smoke and mirrors, with JR fronting up conspiracy theories on TV does not make sleuthing any easier, but if you are a Ramsey, then that's the point.

If you dig deep enough the forensic evidence links all three remaining Ramseys to the crime-scene, i.e. wine-cellar, there is no forensic evidence linking to anyone outside the house, so it's really a case of pick a killer and see if you can prove your case?

For me its either JR or BR with Patsy helping out. Patsy gains nothing by putting JonBenet in the wine-cellar, she just incriminates herself by default.

I'd love to believe that BR did it, because at that age, I could understand and accept a non-prosecution outcome. But I can't see going to the extraordinary lengths of staging to cover up for a child. It just doesn't make sense to me. Clearly the staging was done by over-the-top adults, and the only real reason to do that would be to cover up for adults, in order to avoid adult consequences.

If my kid did that, not only would I not cover it up to avoid consequences, I'm pretty sure I would WELCOME whatever consequences became of it. The LAST thing I'd do would be to allow that kid to continue to live in my house, lest I become the next victim.

That's why it's difficult for me to accept the BR theory. That leaves two -- and two can keep a secret if one is dead, and that's where we now stand. AFAIK, -one- living person knows who did it. And there's no way it will ever be proven unless it was a stranger whose DNA would not be expected to be there.

[
If my kid did that, not only would I not cover it up to avoid consequences, I'm pretty sure I would WELCOME whatever consequences became of it. The LAST thing I'd do would be to allow that kid to continue to live in my house, lest I become the next victim.

That's why it's difficult for me to accept the BR theory. That leaves two -- and two can keep a secret if one is dead, and that's where we now stand. AFAIK, -one- living person knows who did it. And there's no way it will ever be proven unless it was a stranger whose DNA would not be expected to be there. [/QUOTE]

I absolutely agree. That is why I never believed Burke did it. He might know something but that is it... John and only John knows the truth.

[

That's why it's difficult for me to accept the BR theory. That leaves two -- and two can keep a secret if one is dead, and that's where we now stand. AFAIK, -one- living person knows who did it. And there's no way it will ever be proven unless it was a stranger whose DNA would not be expected to be there.

I absolutely agree. That is why I never believed Burke did it. He might know something but that is it... John and only John knows the truth.[/QUOTE]

Of course, none of us knows exactly how we would react if this horrific crime happened to our own little girl. They may have been willing to do whatever it took to spare, not only their 9-year old son, but scandal for the family. I think it perfectly plausible that these particular parents WOULD stage the crime to protect their only remaining child. It is the only logical explanation for the staging, as well as the non-prosecution of the crime, the wording of the Grand Jury charges, and Hunter's failure to sign the indictments. I also believe she was not intentionally murdered. She screamed, she was bashed in the head t shut her up- she immediately collapsed, and because the head wound was far more severe than could be seen just by looking at her, and appeared to be dead. It is known that she had to have been alive when strangled or there would be no petechiae. Nor would the furrow in her throat be red. If she was already dead, the neck furrow would be white. We all have our theories- mine is BR , unintentionally, with both parents involved in the staging. Both parents were named in indictments by the GJ, 9 each. And both sets of indictments are the same. It was not determined who did what, except that JR was excluded as the author of the note, but Patsy was not excluded. IMO, Patsy wrote the note, and was likely the one who got the white blanket out of the basement dryer where the housekeeper had put it the last time she was at the house. Patsy's hair was found on the blanket (at first thought to be a pubic hair, in forensic testing it ws proven to be an "ancillary" hair from Patsy's forearm. In crime photos, no white blanket is seen on JB's bed, refuting the Rs claims she must have been taken from her bed wrapped in that blanket. The foot section of the bed was undisturbed, an in one of her interviews with LE, this is pointed out to Patsy, as she is asked to note that there was NO way a blanket could have been pulled off the bed with a child in it and leave the rest of the bed and bedding undisturbed.

Of course, none of us knows exactly how we would react if this horrific crime happened to our own little girl. They may have been willing to do whatever it took to spare, not only their 9-year old son, but scandal for the family. I think it perfectly plausible that these particular parents WOULD stage the crime to protect their only remaining child. It is the only logical explanation for the staging, as well as the non-prosecution of the crime, the wording of the Grand Jury charges, and Hunter's failure to sign the indictments. I also believe she was not intentionally murdered. She screamed, she was bashed in the head t shut her up- she immediately collapsed, and because the head wound was far more severe than could be seen just by looking at her, and appeared to be dead. It is known that she had to have been alive when strangled or there would be no petechiae. Nor would the furrow in her throat be red. If she was already dead, the neck furrow would be white. We all have our theories- mine is BR , unintentionally, with both parents involved in the staging. Both parents were named in indictments by the GJ, 9 each. And both sets of indictments are the same. It was not determined who did what, except that JR was excluded as the author of the note, but Patsy was not excluded. IMO, Patsy wrote the note, and was likely the one who got the white blanket out of the basement dryer where the housekeeper had put it the last time she was at the house. Patsy's hair was found on the blanket (at first thought to be a pubic hair, in forensic testing it ws proven to be an "ancillary" hair from Patsy's forearm. In crime photos, no white blanket is seen on JB's bed, refuting the Rs claims she must have been taken from her bed wrapped in that blanket. The foot section of the bed was undisturbed, an in one of her interviews with LE, this is pointed out to Patsy, as she is asked to note that there was NO way a blanket could have been pulled off the bed with a child in it and leave the rest of the bed and bedding undisturbed.

DeeDee249,
but Patsy was not excluded. IMO, Patsy wrote the note, and was likely the one who got the white blanket out of the basement dryer where the housekeeper had put it the last time she was at the house.
Patsy wrote the RN, she was the one with the literary skills, not JR.

Patsy's hair was found on the blanket (at first thought to be a pubic hair, in forensic testing it ws proven to be an "ancillary" hair from Patsy's forearm.
Pubic hair, well you have to wonder about that, smoke and mirrors tactic, and "ancillary" what is that, its her hair right so must link her directly to JonBenet via the blanket?

In crime photos, no white blanket is seen on JB's bed, refuting the Rs claims she must have been taken from her bed wrapped in that blanket. The foot section of the bed was undisturbed, an in one of her interviews with LE, this is pointed out to Patsy, as she is asked to note that there was NO way a blanket could have been pulled off the bed with a child in it and leave the rest of the bed and bedding undisturbed.
Well observed, more smoke and mirror diversion attempts by team ramsey.

Patsy also deserves an Oscar for her 911 performance, her mask slipped during one of the BPD Interviews where she replies Don't go there pal

I'd love to believe that BR did it, because at that age, I could understand and accept a non-prosecution outcome. But I can't see going to the extraordinary lengths of staging to cover up for a child. It just doesn't make sense to me. Clearly the staging was done by over-the-top adults, and the only real reason to do that would be to cover up for adults, in order to avoid adult consequences.

helpfulcharlie,
It does not have to be a BDI case, but BDI explains more of the evidence than any other theory, so its up there on the list.

The whole idea of the crime-scene staging, e.g. the wine-cellar, is to deflect your attention away from whatever actually took place, in this regard it has been 100% successful.

If the case were BDI you might want the staging to appear as if only an adult might contemplate such an assault, replete with nasty add ons, and that is exactly what you get.

It just doesn't make sense to me.
Well it did to John and Patsy since they would not only lose JonBenet but Burke too, and they knew full well they both faced jail time for child neglect and possible abuse.

So for them it was better to throw the dice and further embellish Burke's childish staging, e.g. his own longjohns and Bloomingdale's size-12's, both parents would have known the size factor in the underwear would nullify the staging, they added the ligature and paintbrush along with a possible internal assault via the paintbrush, all to make JonBenet appear the victim of a crazy psychopath, with some weird bondage and sexual proclivities?

Just add up all the forensic evidence linking Patsy to the wine-cellar and assume the case is PDI then ask yourself just who was Patsy staging for?

notes and quotes:

CORA
p1,2,3
photos of panties shirt long johns nightgown

p7
2. "Background of witness Scott Gibbons re-finding Barbie Dolls.
"Jay Olowski", "Pasta Jay's employee "Gardineer"
6. Sandra Henderson
7. Susan Stine
8. "Otto Vodonner" convicted of "Sexual Assault on a Child"
11. "elevator door" Cut into thirds"
15 Blue bag and rope

p10/116
"A background investigation of Gary Olivia and an interview conducted with James Selby has offered proof these person were not responsible for the death of JonBenet Ramsey, thus eliminating two persons high on the list of potential suspects."

p15/116
head hair from white blanket
inaccurate: pubic hair on blanket
"Were the knots of either the ligature (CBI Item # 008 and 166) examined for DNA?"
[qs on DNA]

p18/116
samples: CBI: Fleet White Jr., Mike Archuletta.
Mathew Falcon, Gerald Hoogstraton, Lucas Budman

p20
head hair samples from Brian Perry

p24/116
buccal swabs from Laurence Demuth III

p26/116
Suspect: DAVID LORD
Suspect: Robert C FERBRANCHE

buccal swabs from John Pickering
Head hair packet Brian Perry
buccal swabs from Laurence DemuthIII
extract of buccal swab - Falcon
extract of buccal swab - Hoogstraten
extract of buccal swab - F. White, Jr.
extract of bloodstain standard - Budman
extract of buccal swabs - Archuletta

29/116
buccal swab, RCMP Corp. (Ret.) John Van Tassel
Neck Ligature
Wrist Ligature

31/116
suspect: DAVID LORD
ROBERT C FERBRACHE
Tarin Micharl Worthington

p32/116
list of all DNA examined
of a mixture. The following individuals are
excluded as contributors to this profile
B. Ramsey (items 32-36)
Linda Hoffman-Pugh (item 48)

p34
2002 DNA requirements CODIS
"minimum of 10 loci and consist of no more than four alleles at
four loci in order to be accepted for a search."

"Schaner informed me that LeBerge had submitted a profile to her From Boulder PD "quite a while ago" and that profile has been searched against the Colorado database of profiles every week since the submission. ...
The second purpose of the
fax request form is to be able to contact local-level labs and provide profiles with as few as six loci (fewer that the 10 loci required for submission to the main CODIS databank.)
Apparently. this had not been done by Denver PD, but will be submitted very soon."

p41/116
11/2/07
".. budgetary limitations, 5-6 tests could be run. Bennett stated that he learned from the Colorado Bureau of Investigation lab that they would not be willing to test the ropes/cords associated with the victim, and that the known reference sample would not be provided to our office."

p42
"Additionally I was involved with scanning any photographs that would be useful to the forensic scientists."

p43
"Also, the specific profile that was developed by the DPD crime lab, and uploaded to CODIS, was
not distal stain from CBI item number 7-2.

... that the Colorado Bureau of Investigations lab declined to
conduct DNA analysis of the garotte "due to the high probabliity of a DNA mixture being present on the garotte as a result of all the persons that have handled the item from the point of manufacture to present."

long johns: "that cuttings
were taken from the elastic waistband of the long john by CBI and tested for the presence of foreign DNA. ... but an interpretable profile was not developed ..."

?rope found on a bag on a chair?

p44/116
items transferred to Bode Technology:
Neck Ligature
Wrist Ligature
Black Duct tape
White Long Underwear Bottoms
Wednesday Panties
re: Maguire and Trujillo"... and submitted two reference DNA samples (using a sterile cotton swab and a proprietary Bode collection kit)."

Bode would "say nothing" either confirming or denying that their lab had received evidenceassociated with the Ramsey investigation."
presentation video clips, court tv?,
footprints in snow controversy
Dr. Micheal Doberson's opinions?
knot analysis, ungloved hand Tassel;
cross-contamination issues

p47
7-2 stain
Williamson and Jeanguenat stated that they would not feel comfortable reporting that an individual was a major or minor contributor to a mixture when the ratio of the
two suspected profiles was less than 3:1. It would be possible to 'condition out' the victim's contribution to a profile if the circumstances justified it.

When asked, Jeanguenat stated that she saw no indication that a third party contributed to the mixture and would "testify in court' to that effect."

p48
"80% success rate with
the technique [touchDNA] when used on exterior surface of victim's clothing."

p48/49
black duct tape ..."was not as suitable for DNA testing as other items."

p49
cuttings from crotch of panties not included in package 110KKY?
p50
(the underwear item is identified as item 021TET0.
brush-bearing end of paintbrush was also requested.?
(p50 housed at ''a private lab")

p50/51 four cuttings from white long johns
p31 consistent DNA profile Denver PD profile and new profile
racial background, not possible?
hem area of the Barbie nightgown could be tested for touch DNA.

p52
*contamination?
DNA in underwear "probably saliva"
prob of 4 loci? individual match?

p55
?Lawyer: DNA from JonBenet's clothes submitted to FBI ... - CNN.com

www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/12/27/jonbenet.dna/

p55
summary by Bill Nagel

p63
case summary

p64
JBR DNA STR Format
"two areas of stain from the cord were cut out"...
Other than the two cuttings, no other
portion of the garotte cord has been analysed for DNA."
117 pdf, p65/66
http://jonbenetramsey.pbworks.com/w/file/fetch/133993644/117.pdf

re: ML letter November 7, 2007

"HISTORY OF ITEMS SUBMITTED FOR DNA ANALYSIS

Garrote: Composed of white colored cord, Olefin (polypropylene) braided,
wrapped 6 times around a paintbrush handle (about 4 1/2 inches in length)
to form a knot. This knot was located at the back of the victim's head.
This end of the cord attached to the paintbrush handle was singed.
The opposite end was formed by making a loop then tying an overhand
knot with a left hand chilarity. The loop could then be tightened by pulling on the standing part, thus forming a loop that encircled the neck/throat of JonBenet. The knot holding the broken paintbrush in place was about 17" from the knot forming the loop encircling the victim's neck/throat area.
Head hair matching the victim's head hair was found entwined in the knot at the back of the victim's head or the knot affixing the broken paintbrush handle to the garrote. A knot expert with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police analyzed the formation of the knot. Two (2) areas of stain on the cord were cut out and the Colorado bureau of Investigation analysed the cuttings for DNA.
The DNA from the two stains matched the victim's DNA. Other than the two cuttings, no other portion of the garotte cord has been analysed for DNA.
The cord did not match any similar cord located in the Ramsey home.
John Ramsey carried his daughter up a flight
[4]
stairs after discovering her body. John Ramsey may have touched the garrote.
Persons standing over the deceased were crying. No one was wearing gloves.
The CBI declined to conduct further DNA analysis of the garrote due to a high probability of a DNA mixture being present on the garrote as a result of all persons who have handled the item from the point of manufacture to present."
============
Paintbrush Handle: The paintbrush handle used in the formation of the garrote, was broken on either end. This section of paintbrush handle measured about 4 1/2 inches in length. Portions of a broken paintbrush handle were found in a paint tray in the basement
area of the Ramsey home. The broken portions of the paintbrush handle found in the paint tray matched the broken paintbrush handle found in the garrote. The paintbrushhandle and broken pieces also had paint splatter on them, consistent with paint splatter in
the paint tray. The paint tray and contents belonged to the Ramsey's. Patsy enjoyed painting as a hobby. No blood was indicated on the paintbrush handle. No fingerprints suitable for identification purposes were developed from this item.
====================
Ligature from Wrists: Composed of white colored cord, Olefin (polypropylene) braided, similar in size and construction with the cord used in forming the garrote. When her father found JonBenet Ramsey, a ligature was attached to each of her wrists. Both ends of the wrist ligature were frayed. John Ramsey removed the ligature encircling his
daughter's left wrist. The ligature encircling Jonbenet's right wrist was loosely tied. Both knots remained intact. The knot encircling the victim's right wrist was tied loosely over her long sleeve white pyjamas. Distance between the two loops measured about 15 1/2
inches. The knot attached to JonBenet's right wrist was a larks head knot also known as a cow hitch or a capsized reef knot or more commonly a square knot. The knot that had been removed from the victim's left wrist by Mr. Ramsey was a "Z" noose with the
standing part pulled through the center of the noose knot, which allowed the pulling together of the wrists. No DNA was developed from this item.
-------------------------
Black Piece of Duct Tape: ... The black
piece of duct tape removed from the mouth of JonBenet Ramsey tested positive for human blood. The blood was analysed by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation; DNA from the blood matched the victim's profile.
Dec 27, 2003 - Seven years after the 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey's body was found ...
Bill Nagel, who reports to Keenan,
said in a telephone interview that he ...

p92
"1. The DNA profile obtained from sample 2S07-101-07A contains a mixture of at least two individuals including the victim and at least one male contributor. The individuals associated with
samples John B. Ramsey, John Andrew Ramsey, and Melinda Ramsey are excluded as possible contributors to the mixture profile obtained from sample 2S07-101-07A. The individuals associated with Burke Ramsey and Patricia cannot be excluded as possible contributors
to the mixture DNA profile obtained from sample 2S07-101-07A."

p92
1. The DNA profile obtained from sample 2S07-101-07A contains a mixture of at least two individuals including the victim and at least one male contributor. The individuals associated with
samples John B. Ramsey, John Andrew Ramsey, and Melinda Ramsey are excluded as possible contributors to the mixture profile obtained from sample 2S07-101-07A. The individuals
associated with Burke Ramsey and Patricia cannot be excluded as possible contributorsto the mixture DNA profile obtained from sample 2S07-101-07A.
"""" also with Burke Ramsey and Patricia cannot be excluded as possible contributors
to the mixture DNA profile obtained from:
2. sample 2S07-101-07B.
3. sample 2S07-101-07C.
4. sample 2S07-101-07D.

p94
DNA profiles sample summaries

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics