jonbenet's headstone

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SuperDave said:
IMO, the idea of putting Christmas on the headstone was to add to their aura of victimhood.

(There's a story I'm dying to tell!)
DO tell!!

Julianne, your wish is my command! I posted it on the "Is the killer alive or dead" thread.

I think they chose the 25th to maximize their victim status as well.But IMO,the least they could have done for the sake of their other living children(adults or no),would be to put it as the 26th.
I think that's just all part of their ' me ,me, me,it's all about ME' , attitude as far as everyone else and even their own children are concerned.

SuperDave said:
Julianne, your wish is my command! I posted it on the "Is the killer alive or dead" thread.
I gotta go read it!

I read somewhere that LE put a listening device in another headstone close to JonBenet's headstone (probably back in 1997), hoping to catch a graveside confession by Patsy or John. I read this only once and have not seen any other mention of it. Apparently a child discovered the "fake" headstone with the bug in it. Is this just a JBR legend or was their really a bug planted in the cemetery? Anybody know?

K. Taylor said:
There was an episode of the tv series M**advertiser censored*S*H once. In it, a soldier was brought in on Christmas Day. One of the doctors, B.J., worked frantically at saving the guy even though there was no hope. When asked why, he said he found a photograph of the soldier's kids in his pocket and that he just wanted to keep the guy breathing until the 26th, "So his kids won't forever think of Christmas as the day their daddy died." In the end, the soldier didn't make it, so one of the other doctors turned the clock forward to 12:01 and said, "What do you know. Time of death, 12:01, December 26th."

I always thought of that, because I believe that anybody, particularly Christians, would prefer to have the date of their daughter's death officially listed as the 26th. Not only because that's when all the evidence points to as her DOD, but because they wouldn't want such a holy date corrupted - if not for religion, than at least so their other child wouldn't always associate Christmas as the day his sister died.

K. Taylor,

Given all the references to movies, in the ransom note, via those quotes etc makes you wonder if this was another example?

John being a military guy, was he a M**advertiser censored*S*H viewer?

"I read somewhere that LE put a listening device in another headstone close to JonBenet's headstone (probably back in 1997), hoping to catch a graveside confession by Patsy or John. I read this only once and have not seen any other mention of it. Apparently a child discovered the "fake" headstone with the bug in it. Is this just a JBR legend or was their really a bug planted in the cemetery? Anybody know?"

It was the real McCoy, Veronica10. It was in ST's book.

Thanks for the info. Now that's the good stuff I love! Too bad it didn't catch anything.

Again, thanks for answering my questions...I am new to the case. I was 25 when JBR was murdered. I did not pay much attention to it at the time. Now, after Karr re-surfacing the case, I am so, so intrigued and trying to read everything I can. I am now married with three daughters of my own (five and under). I now get it...how could this miscarriage of justice happen for an innocent girl?

What a coincidence! I'm 25 today!

It wasn't a miscarriage...it was an abortion. The DA tanked the case before it was even made.

Happy birthday, SuperDave! It's your golden birthday, do something special. =)

I was 24 back in 1996, and never dreamed back then that I would still be talking about this murder some ten years later. I thought for sure that there would be justice for the pretty young daughter of wealthy white parents. What a lesson is psychology this entire case has been - I've been riveted from day one.

Happy Birthday to you, SuperDave!

So wise for your 25 years! Enjoy your life...it goes too fast.

Have fun, especially today. :HappyBday

Veronica10 said:

Thanks for the info. Now that's the good stuff I love! Too bad it didn't catch anything.

Again, thanks for answering my questions...I am new to the case. I was 25 when JBR was murdered. I did not pay much attention to it at the time. Now, after Karr re-surfacing the case, I am so, so intrigued and trying to read everything I can. I am now married with three daughters of my own (five and under). I now get it...how could this miscarriage of justice happen for an innocent girl?
Welcome,I'm fairly new as well.Lots of great posters here with a lot of insight and intelligence.
I was 31 when this happened 10 yrs ago.My daughter was born about a month after JB.She's 16 now,driving, doing lots of teenage things,like JB should be doing now.It's so sad.
From the very first time I read that ridiculously insane RN,I felt the R's were involved somehow.It sounds too much like something a only a woman would think to write.I can't even see a man thinking to 'stage' a note like that to where it looks like PR wrote it.For me,I think it was a gut instinct feeling, along with the fact they didn't seem too awful angry about it.With all the other evidence,it just all adds up to it being one of them commiting this crime, or at the very least, they covered for whoever did it for some reason.

Thank you!

I did do something special! (I settled an old score!)

It's been a long (and in my case, painful) haul for all of us.

SuperDave - An old score...so mysterious. Elaborate if you are able.

Patsy's headstone will be near JonBenet's...will Patsy's epitaph coordinate with JBR's (look, message, etc.) I'm sure Patsy had her headstone/service extremely well-planned since she knew she was terminally ill. I'm sure Patsy's headstone will truly allow her to have the final word.

Someday I would like to pay my respects at JBR's grave.

An old score with a business that cheated me. I decided to let the BBB handle it.

I plan to pay my respects someday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710
Back