Jose Baez Press Conference - Wed., 1/21/09

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree!! And I apologize if you think I am lumping anyone! I know from dating a Mexican-American that he would be furious to be called a PR, and Cubans don't want to be lumped with Mexicans, etc. They might be "Latino" but that's it!

No not at all Chicagofa13! I was just adding to what you said:)

Sorry I got off on a tangent...:blowkiss:

I am the proud wife of a Puerto Rican (NYC born) and the proud Mom to three children (my three youngest) that are half PR :D

Well then he has all the experts (his fellow defense atty's!) fooled. They are not being kind.

I thought he meant NG and those types. But I could be wrong!!

well, the people he kicked out of a presser one time, he called them "tabloid tv". It was a local station, so I just assumed he was referring to the same people.

I know.

A Hispanic audience knows if the evidence doesn't fit the crime, the man makes the evidence fit the crime!!!

Let's not forget that
his client blames the disappearance of her child on a Hispanic woman.

I'm thinking in lue of our first afo anerican president being sworn in made JB feel a since of entitlement as the first hispanic lawyer to work on such an important case. JB just buried himself in a sandbox, what a pickle he put himself in.

Ok, well it doesn't repeat here in Chicago, it's going right into another hour. Then Issues with JVM, then NG.
It's not repeating here on the west coast today either. Usually it is 1 hour , then repeated. Anyway, Some things were said that raised my eyebrows. If you have any opportunity to type up some from what you TVO'd, that would be great. Especially the part where Mark claims to be certain that Baez is holding photos to sell. I think the judge might want to call him in to chambers and question him.

Didn't Jose' say that he was going to court next week about the change of venue?

Let's not forget that
his client blames the disappearance of her child on a Hispanic woman.

NO! Casey has never said a Hispanic woman kidnapped or caused the disappearance of her child. She left the child with a Hispanic woman ... who may well have been knocked off herself and the pOlice won't even try to find her -- instead found a Hispanic woman that did not fit the description and ruined her life!!!

Way to go JB!! Play the race card and then while you are at it -- play the victim too --- why not alienate everyone.

You are not seeking 'justice', doh!!, justice is for Caylee -- you are seeking to defend your client and get her off on a technicality for a despicable act. That's not justice.

The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round,......

I'm thinking in lue of our first afo anerican president being sworn in made JB feel a since of entitlement as the first hispanic lawyer to work on such an important case. JB just buried himself in a sandbox, what a pickle he put himself in.

Yup, he sure is trying to capitalize on that. Makes me sick, and if I were apart of the Hispanic community I would be offended....but that's just me.

:clap: I think you know what is up.

Not sure why the talking heads are not as onto him.

But, bingo, bingo, bingo!!!!

IMO
joy...just moo but I just think Baez doesn't have any experience or professional restraint. He is very defensive and not ready to take on a case of this magnitude. At this point, with all the mistakes he has already made...simple ones like how to file things....I don't see him having some grand plan. I just think he is a hot headed idiot (just my opinion of course and if he throws a JC I will the first to buy you a beer, friend :-)

And you know who baez can thank for the privilege? kc, for being more evil than any woman of any race ever.

the beginning of many grounds for appeal - as in "ineffective counsel" to seek her a new trial down the road?

I think he did the presser to counter the doc dump. He did this at 5PM so all the sows will have to talk about his presser, leaving less time for them to discuss the horrendous items in the doc dump.

NO! Casey has never said a Hispanic woman kidnapped or caused the disappearance of her child. She left the child with a Hispanic woman ... who may well have been knocked off herself and the pOlice won't even try to find her -- instead found a Hispanic woman that did not fit the description and ruined her life!!!

blaming a Hispanic woman would not sit well with some hispanic jurors.

I am Hispanic. It does bother me a little.

Way to go JB!! Play the race card and then while you are at it -- play the victim too --- why not alienate everyone.

You are not seeking 'justice', doh!!, justice is for Caylee -- you are seeking to defend your client and get her off on a technicality for a despicable act. That's not justice.

The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round,......

I agree, this part of our justice system sickens me.

joy...just moo but I just think Baez doesn't have any experience or professional restraint. He is very defensive and not ready to take on a case of this magnitude. At this point, with all the mistakes he has already made...simple ones like how to file things....I don't see him having some grand plan. I just think he is a hot headed idiot (just my opinion of course and if he throws a JC I will the first to buy you a beer, friend :-)

If there is money for forensic experts and there is ... there is money for Baez' counsel.... he is most likely getting advice. He is not driving or flying alone here.

well, the people he kicked out of a presser one time, he called them "tabloid tv". It was a local station, so I just assumed he was referring to the same people.

Ahhhh, I don't know all about JB's pressers. I've only allowed myself to get back into this case since Caylee was found. So "tabloid" is a smarty pants comment directed to them, not at a "real" tabloid show. Got it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required
Back