Jose Baez - Today Show - Dec. 19, 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted on the Rant thread that this is just the chaos that JB and team wanted. Just remember 31 days to report Caylee missing, lies by KC, lies by the A's, LE looking for an alive Caylee per A's vocal and media attention, tips of a deceased Caylee in the thousands, reward money plastered across not only the US but the world, people calling in theories just in case they might get it right, all the while LE dealing with this in addition to protecting Orlando residents and there day to day jobs. LE is human, if you live in FL you know the swampy areas, palmetto bushes, and ground cover could easily hide a garbage bag, (Unless it was bright pink). I would hold LE to a different standard if they were given accurate information about Caylee's disappearance from the start but coming in 31 days later and no credible information as where to start the search per the families outrageous stories. JB will not change my mind that LE is incompetent, they did everything that they could with the info that they had at the time.

you know Baez can gloat all he wants, but least he forget that whether this was properly followed up or not in August, it still gives the state a witness of something being there in August.....blowing his, "move the bag" theory out of the water.

Geraldo was Just on Fox & Friends

He is calling for the OCSD to hire an independent Prosecutor to handle this case. He stopped short of calling the OCSD incompetent but he did say that they are "screwing up a slam dunk case "

Geraldo also said that the County has hired a lawyer for the Meter Reader & that something is "Bogus"

ROFL - So the ever so competent Mr. Baez is admitting his client's guilt on national TV?

I read on WFTV this morning (sorry - closed the link - just go to WFTV.com) that the Deputy that responded the 3rd time went in and saw "a big snake" and backed off. In Florida we have Diamondback Rattlers that are very deadly and grow quite large but we also have Water Moccasions (sp?) or "Cotton Mouths" which also grow very large, are very aggressive and VERY VERY DEADLY. If that Deputy ran across a large Cotton Mouth - he would have backed off quick - I know I would have run for the hills. Cotton Mouths are known to inhabit swampy areas as a rule.

I can't wait for the 2 PM presser and I believe the MR was just a concerned citizen. It does not detract that this poor child is deceased and her remains have now been found.

Hubby said last night that he's wondering with "all these bones" they keep finding did they actually find someone else as well? Possibly a cold case from way back. I know LE said yesterday that the bones found on the outside perimeter were consistent with a small child but they have not made that statement with any of the other "discovery of bones" all week long.

I would like to hear back from that neighbor about the snake population in that area (what kind, how many, etc.)

That's the thing about searching in swampland, which is all over Florida, in the middle of residendial areas too. There are some pretty scary critters in those swamps, some very dangerous wildlife. People could literally die walking around in some of these places. Once these areas got wet, they became potentially very dangerous. I think that retention pond beyond the Ants that borders on the body area was searched at least once. After the swampy area around it got wet though, there may have been a conscious decision to wait for better weather. That seems to be what both Tim and the police have said. Still, there appears to have been a window between July 16ish and August 16ish with these tips through Aug 11-13ish when the area in question was dry enough for a body to be deposited and someone to notice a smell before the real rains came between July 16ish and August 16ish with these tips through Aug 13ish. That would give the police some time to check around. With the deputy actually out with a guy who smelled something, just seeing a snake, as big as it might be, doesn't seem like a good reason to completely abandon looking altogether. I mean, he was already there just seconds away from the home where a missing baby had lived whose mother was under suspicion for killing her with a guy who had called in three tips about that area. I know they were busy, working the Caylee case as well as conducting nomal operations, but what about calling Animal control or someone else and/or having someone suit up protectively to go back there so they could actually have a look around. I don't want the policeman to die doing his job, but don't they have protective wear, or guns? Kind of reminds me when the police at Columbine didn't go into the library because there were people in there shooting. We sort of pay the police to do these things. I have had and still do have LE in my family, so I'm aware of the difficulties, but they need to do the job. Sounds like this guy might fallen a bit short.

I have seen Fox News the last several days, show photos of the exact location in beginning of August and the ground was dry. If LE had dogs in there and were searching at the time why wouldn't they have found the body. I don't believe the body was there then. I think it was moved and KCwas in jail then. How do you explain that ?
The first report from the meter reader was the bag was grey. The bag with Caylee's remains in it was black?????

I agree with you, Stardust.
The whole meter reader fiasco is suspect. I don't believe it was a coincidence at all. This is way out there , but I have a strong feeling that
Mr. meter reader is somehow in cahoots with the defense.

Geraldo was Just on Fox & Friends

He is calling for the OCSD to hire an independent Prosecutor to handle this case. He stopped short of calling the OCSD incompetent but he did say that they are "screwing up a slam dunk case "

Geraldo also said that the County has hired a lawyer for the Meter Reader & that something is "Bogus"

The County "hiring" a lawyer is nothing out of the ordinary. I work for the State and if anything happens to me on State time, then the State provides legal services to me.

As a matter of fact, years ago, I had an auto accident on State business. The lawyer for the "others" let time lapse and couldn't get the rental car insurance to pay for anything so he started threatening me. The State jumped in and told the guy to go kiss himself... and protected me. That's all part of being a Gov't worker.

The whole meter reader fiasco is suspect. I don't believe it was a coincidence at all. This is way out there , but I have a strong feeling that
WOW - good sleuthing. Could Team Casey have had "confidential info" about this site and then when reviewing the "tips" in the doc dump found that this reported back in August and then approached him? I don't know - that would make this poor MR just as sleazy as the rest of them.

All I know is that even Stephen King couldn't have written this better. I would like to know if he has been following this case and what his thoughts are. The twists and turns and strange coincidences are truly bizarre.

Finding this child's remains, I thought, would (should) have brought this case a lot of closure - but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - instead we now have even more questions and suspicions.

Can't wait for the presser this afternoon.

i cant believe jose thinks this meter man is a suspect
nobody who dumps her body in the woods is then going to place 4 calls to the tip
line . and stay and meet police afterwards
im sure all this week that meter man has had to go through fbi polygraphs, testing voice stress testing and he must have passed with flying colors or police wouldnt say he was credible

jose is a little like his client

what he says may or may not be true

WOW - good sleuthing. Could Team Casey have had "confidential info" about this site and then when reviewing the "tips" in the doc dump found that this reported back in August and then approached him? I don't know - that would make this poor MR just as sleazy as the rest of them.

All I know is that even Stephen King couldn't have written this better. I would like to know if he has been following this case and what his thoughts are. The twists and turns and strange coincidences are truly bizarre.

Finding this child's remains, I thought, would (should) have brought this case a lot of closure - but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - instead we now have even more questions and suspicions.

Can't wait for the presser this afternoon.

'some of us have more questions and suspicions.."..but most are still focused on the one and only killer, rather than going gaga over UNEVEN BUT normal events that occur with humans not on TV.

agreed but surely If he was obsessed (like I am) then he knew about the $50,000 reward. No way he would sit on that kind of money just to tamper with the evidence. Rarely do you have a crime sceen in pristine condition. you have at least the elements and animals to contend with.

I understand this can be explained away in many ways but it will still add resonable doubt - it doesn't have to be proven to be true it just has to exist.

'some of us have more questions and suspicions.."..but most are still focused on the one and only killer, rather than going gaga over UNEVEN BUT normal events that occur with humans not on TV.

Bolded - just "HUH?"

I truly believe the KC is "the one and only" however - there have been so many unexplained events that just DEFY common sense that it makes one's head spin.

I cannot even imagine how many "coffee break", "lunch conversation", "water cooler talks" that have taken place over the last six months concerning this case. I know just the "ideas" that have been thrown around in this house have been amazing.

ALL WE WANT IS JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE AND A PEACEFUL FINAL RESTING PLACE. In order to achieve that goal this case must be solved and solved honestly and with integrity.

That's all I'm saying.................................

I will suspend my opinion until I hear more about what happened in regards to the three calls in August. It may turn out that LE did follow up.
I see nothing wrong with checking into the meter reader just to make sure he had no ties to KC or the A's (which I am sure they will find he didn't). It is also not difficult for me to believe that a man who works in that area, came across something suspicious, whether it be a smell or a sixth sense feeling or a bag and was persistant about it, I can see myself doing exactly the same thing if I were him.
This doesn't negate all the facts that point to KC's guilt. I just want to know that there isn't an accomplice(whether that be the A's or someone else). I think it is remarkable that considering how large this case became, the amount of players involved and scrutany it's been under that this is really the first we've heard of a POSSIBLE blunder on the part of LE. I mean come on, look at all the mis-steps JB has taken. As far as blunders go, I'd tell JB people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. MOO

ITA - good post. :clap: I also need to hear more about the circumstances surrounding the tips before I will state my opinion.

I would also like to add that at least we know the remains have been there since Aug.

I read on WFTV this morning (sorry - closed the link - just go to WFTV.com) that the Deputy that responded the 3rd time went in and saw "a big snake" and backed off. In Florida we have Diamondback Rattlers that are very deadly and grow quite large but we also have Water Moccasions (sp?) or "Cotton Mouths" which also grow very large, are very aggressive and VERY VERY DEADLY. If that Deputy ran across a large Cotton Mouth - he would have backed off quick - I know I would have run for the hills. Cotton Mouths are known to inhabit swampy areas as a rule.

I can't wait for the 2 PM presser and I believe the MR was just a concerned citizen. It does not detract that this poor child is deceased and her remains have now been found.

Hubby said last night that he's wondering with "all these bones" they keep finding did they actually find someone else as well? Possibly a cold case from way back. I know LE said yesterday that the bones found on the outside perimeter were consistent with a small child but they have not made that statement with any of the other "discovery of bones" all week long.

I would like to hear back from that neighbor about the snake population in that area (what kind, how many, etc.)

TY for that insight into the snake population down there. :clap:
That makes a difference!

OK- then I don't have to remind everyone that Caylee's body was decomposing in her mother's car. Regardless of what happened after that. I mean, Geraldo is paid by the word and Jose is going to exploit anything that shakes the underpinnings of this case, but the bottom line is that the case was solid prior to CAylee being found. The fact that she was found simply ensures that justice will occur, IMO.

I wish, I wish that every hiccup did not get server blowing coverage-I still believe that the fastest way to get Casey to cough up the goods will be to ignore her....let someone else move front and center...then we will see she and her family and her dream team scramble to get their 15 minutes of fame back.

OCSO released the info on the meter reader's tips on their own terms-great strategy and punctures the balloon that Baez was blowing up regarding transparency.

If OCSO is reading here, you guys are amazing. Just keep swimmin' and it will all work out. Thanks for being the voice of Caylee.

I just don't understand how this would give reasonable doubt as to who killed Caylee???? All it show is that LE didnt follow up on a tip. If tehy had followed up on the tip, they would have found her REMAINS sooner, it wouldnt have changed the circumstances surrounding her death OR who is responsible.

but don't you get it? the ENTIRE investigation is now suspect! per JB. :rolleyes:

That's the thing about searching in swampland, which is all over Florida, in the middle of residendial areas too. There are some pretty scary critters in those swamps, some very dangerous wildlife. People could literally die walking around in some of these places. Once these areas got wet, they became potentially very dangerous. I think that retention pond beyond the Ants that borders on the body area was searched at least once. After the swampy area around it got wet though, there may have been a conscious decision to wait for better weather. That seems to be what both Tim and the police have said. Still, there appears to have been a window between July 16ish and August 16ish with these tips through Aug 11-13ish when the area in question was dry enough for a body to be deposited and someone to notice a smell before the real rains came between July 16ish and August 16ish with these tips through Aug 13ish. That would give the police some time to check around. With the deputy actually out with a guy who smelled something, just seeing a snake, as big as it might be, doesn't seem like a good reason to completely abandon looking altogether. I mean, he was already there just seconds away from the home where a missing baby had lived whose mother was under suspicion for killing her with a guy who had called in three tips about that area. I know they were busy, working the Caylee case as well as conducting nomal operations, but what about calling Animal control or someone else and/or having someone suit up protectively to go back there so they could actually have a look around. I don't want the policeman to die doing his job, but don't they have protective wear, or guns? Kind of reminds me when the police at Columbine didn't go into the library because there were people in there shooting. We sort of pay the police to do these things. I have had and still do have LE in my family, so I'm aware of the difficulties, but they need to do the job. Sounds like this guy might fallen a bit short.
ITA - that is why I want to know the ID of the deputy that finally responded on the last (13th) call. The MR met with him so he can ID him as well. It was also reported that this deputy had a "back-up" unit respond that was a female deputy and he "waved her off saying I have this covered". To run from a snake is a "questionable excuse" for a LE responder. Plus, it was reported that the deputy "went back there and saw the snake, came out and told the MR not to go back in there". Things that make you go hhhhmmmmm.........

With the info we have on KC and "other deputies" that lends one to think. AR (LE deputy) was fired the very next week - Aug 20th.

Just want to know the ID of the deputy.

I don't think Cayce is the only one involved in this case. There are others.
1. Did someone take this child to get back at her for something ?
2. Did she steal drugs or money from the wrong person ?
3.Who had it in for Cayce ?
4. Can we prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Cayce was the person who abandoned her car at Amscot ?
5. I have always felt the boyfriend, Tony was somehow involved.
6. Fox News has shown photos of the spot and area Caylee's body was found last summer. It was ssearched by dogs and LE. Nothing was there.
7. Was the body moved and if so, by who ?

I understand this can be explained away in many ways but it will still add resonable doubt - it doesn't have to be proven to be true it just has to exist.

You are so right. It certainly clouds the issue. Still, he found our Caylee so no matter the methods, thanks meter reader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hurt911official