Jose Baez

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for answering my question. So, if he hasn't asked her what occurred, how does he start to build a defense? Or is it that his main thrust is to find out what the prosecution knows, and try to find some way to discredit that?
I do believe that everyone deserves a good defense, but, man, I could not go to sleep at night or look at myself in the mirror if I knew in my heart that someone had done something terrible and could potentially get away with it. I guess that is why I am a nurse and not a defense attorney.
Thanks again for your response:)
I should have been more specific, sorry. It's not so much that they don't ask what occurred. Rather, they will not say "I need you to tell me the truth" or "tell me exactly what happened" etc. Remember, it's not a lawyer's job to determine if someone is guilty or innocent of a crime charged-that's for a judge or jury. The way they prepare their cases depends on the crime charged, the evidence gathered by LE etc. Here, in my opinion, the only viable way to defend this case is to hit hard on reasonable doubt; and the way to do this is to contend that Caylee is still alive; and the way to do that is to show (1) searches and no recovery of a body; and (2) numerous sitings that LE did not follow up on. All they need to do is to convince one juror.

The misleading info (win/loss record etc.) is posted on his new bio as well:
1020jbbio.jpg

Re: 1995 with the PD office:
A law student in good standing can be certified to represent a public agency or indigent clients before they have graduated and/or passed the bar exam. I had friends who were certified 2nd year of law school and they would do things like appear for bail hearings or other non-critical administrative proceedings. I imagine this is what Jose was doing-- or working under an actual attorney in a legal defense clinic or something. It's interesting that he's kept the win/loss record on the revamped site.

That part was particularly awesome. CLE's are just a bunch of little workshops and classes lawyers have to attend to remain in good standing. Baez giving time to the CLE issue during a press conference is tantamount to making a public statement about one's flossing habits.
I always left my CLE's to the last minute, so I felt Baez's silly pain on that one. :dance:

You slay me! I'm a CLE Provider and I can attest to the fact that 99% of attorneys leave their CLE to the last minute! Ha!

He can not go before the bench and try anything without having been admitted to the Bar. He may function as a law clerk or a paralegal in which case HE did not win anything.
Yes, continuing education is a PIA, however as we all know it is a requirement of our professions and in my opinion it is important as one can always learn something or at the very least take something positive back from it. No I do not wait until the last minute and squeeze my CME in. One would think given that Mr. Baez was only in his first 3 years he would have at least taken CLE seriously. Mr. Baez does not even know the proper use of the English language (we have all witnessed that) do you really think he knows everything he needs to know about the law?
I would also like a link to the "new revamped" web page as it has been disabled from his web page per the Bar. If it has not been I will reopen my complaint.
Mr Baez is not qualified to represent Casey and I personally do not want her to have any justifiable reason to file an appeal. I do of course realize IF she were to get the death penalty the appeal is automatic, however with competent representation it is less likely her sentence would be overturned.
I would not hire Baez to get my dog out of the dog pound. I have spent a great deal of time so far searching and have only been able to find one case Mr. Baez actually tried before the bench to completion and he lost that one.
Is that the one where he was too busy with Casey to show up for the sentencing? I believe his excuse was that he didn't want the media following him - the media isn't interested in him, they are interested in the case.

Thanks for the links, it's appreciated. I am a lawyer who also owns a business that teaches lawyers in CA, NY and Florida so I'm pretty familiar with Florida laws re practicing law. The only way JB could have worked on cases without having passed the Florida Bar is, if after his second year of law school, he worked under the "constant" supervision of a lawyer--ie sort of like a glorified paralegal. The supervising attorney would have to have been present at all court proceedings and there is no way JB could have referred to the cases "as his". Also, once he graduated law school he would have been out of such a program since it's only for students. He claims to have two cases (while not a member of the bar) and that one was reversed on appeal. I did a Lexis search and can't come up with any such case that he was listed as the attorney of record.

Yet he has his own law firm. Hmmmm. How is he paying for his rent, staff, etc.? Sounds like he's as big a fraud as his client. moo

I should have been more specific, sorry. It's not so much that they don't ask what occurred. Rather, they will not say "I need you to tell me the truth" or "tell me exactly what happened" etc. Remember, it's not a lawyer's job to determine if someone is guilty or innocent of a crime charged-that's for a judge or jury. The way they prepare their cases depends on the crime charged, the evidence gathered by LE etc. Here, in my opinion, the only viable way to defend this case is to hit hard on reasonable doubt; and the way to do this is to contend that Caylee is still alive; and the way to do that is to show (1) searches and no recovery of a body; and (2) numerous sitings that LE did not follow up on. All they need to do is to convince one juror.

Thank you!:)

The misleading info (win/loss record etc.) is posted on his new bio as well:
1020jbbio.jpg

Re: 1995 with the PD office:
A law student in good standing can be certified to represent a public agency or indigent clients before they have graduated and/or passed the bar exam. I had friends who were certified 2nd year of law school and they would do things like appear for bail hearings or other non-critical administrative proceedings. I imagine this is what Jose was doing-- or working under an actual attorney in a legal defense clinic or something. It's interesting that he's kept the win/loss record on the revamped site.

That part was particularly awesome. CLE's are just a bunch of little workshops and classes lawyers have to attend to remain in good standing. Baez giving time to the CLE issue during a press conference is tantamount to making a public statement about one's flossing habits.
I always left my CLE's to the last minute, so I felt Baez's silly pain on that one. :dance:

Now he's a former criminologist too? Notice how he doesn't say where or with what agency. Someone needs to do some serious investigating on this man. There hasn't been time enough in his history to do all he claims to have done. Don't forget he dropped out of school in the 9th grade so somewhere along the line he had to have gotten a GED or he couldn't go to college. He also spent time in the navy I believe.

Criminology requires some college or JC work - or technical school. Then usually a term in law enforcement. Any serious criminology work (other than collection of evidence) usually requires a college degree.

Could the man LIE any more? jmo

has anyone thought of trying the background check that we advertize here to see what's up with JB?

I think Baez is only in this for the money he is going to make off the movie

has anyone thought of trying the background check that we advertize here to see what's up with JB?
I'm looking at the advertisement at the top of the screen and I see that Websluth bloggers can get a free criminal report. Maybe someone will get a background check on him.
I have found the change in his website very interesting. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

He can not go before the bench and try anything without having been admitted to the Bar. He may function as a law clerk or a paralegal in which case HE did not win anything.
Yes, continuing education is a PIA, however as we all know it is a requirement of our professions and in my opinion it is important as one can always learn something or at the very least take something positive back from it. No I do not wait until the last minute and squeeze my CME in. One would think given that Mr. Baez was only in his first 3 years he would have at least taken CLE seriously. Mr. Baez does not even know the proper use of the English language (we have all witnessed that) do you really think he knows everything he needs to know about the law?
I would also like a link to the "new revamped" web page as it has been disabled from his web page per the Bar. If it has not been I will reopen my complaint.
Mr Baez is not qualified to represent Casey and I personally do not want her to have any justifiable reason to file an appeal. I do of course realize IF she were to get the death penalty the appeal is automatic, however with competent representation it is less likely her sentence would be overturned.
I would not hire Baez to get my dog out of the dog pound. I have spent a great deal of time so far searching and have only been able to find one case Mr. Baez actually tried before the bench to completion and he lost that one.
I agree that the info is still misleading-- I was just talking thru the info in an attempt to understand how he even thought he could make such claims.
I can access the screencapped page right now:
http://www.baezlawfirm.com/Jose/AboutUs_Jose_English.html
You slay me! I'm a CLE Provider and I can attest to the fact that 99% of attorneys leave their CLE to the last minute! Ha!
It's true-- I'm not proud of my bad habits, I was just admitting it :)
Now he's a former criminologist too? Notice how he doesn't say where or with what agency. Someone needs to do some serious investigating on this man. There hasn't been time enough in his history to do all he claims to have done. Don't forget he dropped out of school in the 9th grade so somewhere along the line he had to have gotten a GED or he couldn't go to college. He also spent time in the navy I believe.

Criminology requires some college or JC work - or technical school. Then usually a term in law enforcement. Any serious criminology work (other than collection of evidence) usually requires a college degree.

Could the man LIE any more? jmo
According to the new bio page http://www.baezlawfirm.com/Jose/AboutUs_Jose_English.html he got his Bachelors in Criminology from FSU. I agree, "Criminologist" should denote a graduate degree in the field, not an undergraduate major.

Goodness, I must be beyond tired. I thought the topic of this thread was: JOAN BAEZ..

I was all like, "Oh wow, there ARE some older posters on here!"

Are you guys and gals playing Wack-A-Mole with poor Mr. Baez now?

HAHAHAH!

[I know the compassionate poster who mentioned Wack-A-Mole said it with disgust but it was my amusement for the day! I would so love to see one of those comedic pictures of Wack-A-Mole with the pictures of the players in this saga instead of the moles.]

Are you guys and gals playing Wack-A-Mole with poor Mr. Baez now?

HAHAHAH!

[I know the compassionate poster who mentioned Wack-A-Mole said it with disgust but it was my amusement for the day! I would so love to see one of those comedic pictures of Wack-A-Mole with the pictures of the players in this saga instead of the moles.]

ooh! I'm the poster who brought out the Whack-A-Mole visualization exercise. hahah. I loved that you found it so exciting!! I think this would be an excellent photoshopping exercise! I hope it happens!

Wftv was reporting at noon that Jose Baez will begin questioning witnesses next week

Those witnesses will include the manager from Amscot, the tow yard people, and Tony L.

The daily updates had a link which has poofed.:confused:

Because the article at the wftv website said these witnesses would be on the stand,

I called wftv and spoke to the nice man who is running the internet website.

He said they would take the story down, fix it , and put it back as I did question the "taking the stand" part because that just would not be the case at this early stage.

He told me that Jose will be questioning the witnesses next week and agreed it would be most likely in a private office somewhere unknown at this time.:)

Okay I hope this clears that up. I had no clue where to put this...:blowkiss:

Wftv was reporting at noon that Jose Baez will begin questioning witnesses next week

Those witnesses will include the manager from Amscot, the tow yard people, and Tony L.

The daily updates had a link which has poofed.:confused:

Because the article at the wftv website said these witnesses would be on the stand,

I called wftv and spoke to the nice man who is running the internet website.

He said they would take the story down, fix it , and put it back as I did question the "taking the stand" part because that just would not be the case at this early stage.

He told me that Jose will be questioning the witnesses next week and agreed it would be most likely in a private office somewhere unknown at this time.:)

Okay I hope this clears that up. I had no clue where to put this...:blowkiss:

Good job. Thank you!

I must say, Jose Baez would be ridiculous to think that anyone would throw out the evidence it looks like he is trying to have banned from the trial. Casey texted numerous friends, kept people from the car (ie. dad and tony l.), told various stories (car being towed by family, dead squirrel etc), all in an active effort to explain the "terrible smell" in her car.

it can’t be taken away from the case when she acknowledged the smell was in the car while she was in possession of it, or that she searched a chemical compound on her "personal" computer... I mean jose, do you think anyone will believe that the "amscot" or "johnsons wrecker service" employee hacked casey's computer to search missing childrens websites three months prior to Caylees disappearance? or chloroform? what about accusing tony l who didnt even meet casey until late may?

nice try.

and for the record -- living in central fla. wftv, may have got that wrong, but i wouldnt believe any other stations reports on this case until they are confirmed by wftv. their sources have been solid from the get go.

I must say, Jose Baez would be ridiculous to think that anyone would throw out the evidence it looks like he is trying to have banned from the trial. Casey texted numerous friends, kept people from the car (ie. dad and tony l.), told various stories (car being towed by family, dead squirrel etc), all in an active effort to explain the "terrible smell" in her car.

it can’t be taken away from the case when she acknowledged the smell was in the car while she was in possession of it, or that she searched a chemical compound on her "personal" computer... I mean jose, do you think anyone will believe that the "amscot" or "johnsons wrecker service" employee hacked casey's computer to search missing childrens websites three months prior to Caylees disappearance? or chloroform? what about accusing tony l who didnt even meet casey until late may?

nice try.

and for the record -- living in central fla. wftv, may have got that wrong, but i wouldnt believe any other stations reports on this case until they are confirmed by wftv. their sources have been solid from the get go.

sorry -- didnt put this in. baez cant say someone planted the chemical compound in her trunk, when those searches are on her computer. all signs point to yes. a jury will have a hard time saying otherwise.

Why would she use someone like him when she is charged with something so HUGE !! Its odd to me. I know hes bringing in some other people to help but still. You would expect the anthonys to get casey a better lawyer than they have but it seem they have a better one than she does and I dont even know why they ned one for themselves but apparently they know why and want one in place so no one can question them if anything comes down against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver