Jose Baez

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what you are saying. Isn't the sentencing of a client a pretty serious matter. I still don't understand him putting Casey ahead of this situation. :waitasec:
What makes it even worse to me is not that he was meeting with another client or in a different court, but he was just following Casey home!!!!! Not exactly doing anything legal in that. Being her "protector" and "hero" is not in the job description of a lawyer. His duty is to represent his clients in court, not on the raods of Florida.

I see some of the same arrogance in him that I see in the Anthony family...in other words he obviously felt there was no need to apologize because he had not done anything wrong. Not!! Seems like a good way to tick off some judges to me which is the last thing a lawyer wants to do.

After watching the video on his site, personally I think that Baez attempts to put on a front of being a big shot, high paid attorney when he really isn't. Compared to many seasoned criminal defense attorneys he is still a rookie and may well be way over his head on this case IMO. Eight years after law school to take the bar huh. Anyone know if that was his first attempt at passing the bar exam? Oh and if he really wants to look like a professional, I really think he needs to ditch the crystal liquor decanters and glasses that are highly visible on the credenzas directly behind the desks of each of the attorneys in his firm in the video. I wonder if he has to lock up the booze when CA is in the office. The other guy's office looks kind of pitiful when you look at the arrangement of books on his bookcase. Three measley little law books centered on each shelf but the crystal decanters are sure there for all to see. Seems to me that the money would have been better spent on a larger reference library. I have to admit that is the first time I have ever seen something like that in an ad for a law firm. After a day of dealing with CA he just might need a good stiff drink but I think it would be more appropriate and professional if he kept it in a closed cabinet out of site. JMO

http://www.baezlawfirm.com/fondo-videos.html
I have an accountaqnt who has more law books in his office than they have!!! A defen's attorneys job is to get his client off - it's not about justice. Alan Dershowitz even says that most defense clients are guilty - it's the defense attorney's job to make sure they get a fair trial. I feel dirty just watching him.

Hope it's ok to add this to thread, I find it interesting since Casey has that new Zanny,Sammy and kids script story that Rob and LP have talked about.

Baez: Aug 23rd video
"The corporation of the promoters at the Fusian night club which Tony L is tied into so on and so forth. If you pull up their corporate records the addresses that some of the officers belong to are at the Sawgrass apartments. I mean it's a phenomenal coincidence."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O83FuykGbs8 5:08 into video

I keep puzzling on what he's implying, if anything. Is he suspicious of Tony L? Just the officers? Both Tony L and the officers? Or is he just commenting that it's interesting odds?

As of July 27nd, according to Casey (if she can be believed) she had not told Baez a different story than her original.

* jail tape of her brothers visit July 28*
CASEY ANTHONY: My gut feeling? As mom asked me yesterday and even Jose asked me last night, the psychologist asked me this morning that I meet with through the court -- in my gut, she's still OK. And it still feels like she's close to home.
He's trying to take the focus off Casey and onto ANYONE else.

Mr. Baez is trying to create reasonable doubt. Creating reasonable doubt is done by giving a believable scenario, other than the suspected one, that,may have occurred. The forensics that we know so far make this unbelievable. Mr. Baez wasted his and everyone elses time with this appearance.

Or maybe his time was not wasted. I assume these were billable hours.

REASONABLE, Not FANTASY

It made me laugh as well. The ENTIRE press release made me laugh. Of course they are not going to release DNA or Chloroform reports. They are saving that for a GJ.

"The Baez law firm is, nevertheless, examining each line for accuracy." How are they going to verify the accuracy? According to what his client tells him? :floorlaugh:

ROFLMAO. Anyone with an ounce of intelligence KNOWS you can't get discovery for a charge that hasn't been made yet. He must think everyone is as stupid as he is.

I love hearing defense attorneys whine about not getting discovery when they already have it.

Had a friend who went back to school to be a lawyer late in life. She started out wanted to be a criminal defense attorney. She never did. She now takes on falsely accused child neglect cases. Since all it takes is an anonymous accusation in any child abuse, neglect case, the standard of proof is much lower than in a criminal court. Almost every child custody argument includes claims of abuse, neglect by the opposite parent. Once in this system, they do not let go without a lawyer representing them.

in all the high profile cases i have never seen a client spend that many hours at there lawyers office that many times!! Can anyone else recall any?

It is my opinion that IF KC at anytime was going to crack all hope of that was diminished once JB came into the picture. Because of him she doesn't have to be accountable for her actions or lies to anyone INCLUDING HER PARENTS which I find ridiculous! He is her "great protector" and for Cindy to fall for his BS saying oh well she can't talk to you because it would put you at risk for disrupting justice.... or whatever it was he said. PUUULEEEEEZE! Not to mention he drives me nuts with his little smirks. He says he wants to find Caylee, well I call BS on that one because now that he's around KC will NEVER tell!

It is my opinion that IF KC at anytime was going to crack all hope of that was diminished once JB came into the picture. Because of him she doesn't have to be accountable for her actions or lies to anyone INCLUDING HER PARENTS which I find ridiculous! He is her "great protector" and for Cindy to fall for his BS saying oh well she can't talk to you because it would put you at risk for disrupting justice.... or whatever it was he said. PUUULEEEEEZE! Not to mention he drives me nuts with his little smirks. He says he wants to find Caylee, well I call BS on that one because now that he's around KC will NEVER tell!
There is nothing that Baez has done since the beginning of this that would make me believe he is trying to find Caylee.
Just as one of the above posters said, "his job is to get his client off":boohoo:
I wish this man had enough morals though, to put a child above his client..In my opinion, he would be more noted for doing the right thing, than focusing on getting Casey off..
I understand his job, yet don't understand why he hasn't backed out of it..He knows she is fried..why try to come up with more BS?:confused:
Maybe he will turn to the good side when all this is over? :dance:

I feel for the guy, truthfully.

I don't know how in the world an attorney can fairly represent a client that lies with every breath .... and with so much detailed bs....

I don't know how he got sucked into this case but I'm sure he's been wondering himself about the negative effect it's having on his life and his family's lives.

Most of us have lived our whole lives and never ran across a true sociopath much less had to defend one in a court of law.

How do you select a jury of their peers?

Select only liars, thieves, and murderers?

:(

Hi Drum and everyone else!

I think he has $$$$ signs in his eyes--LOL. I just can't feel sorry him. He has complete control over what he says and does but he acts like an :butthead:. KWIM? Doesn't the defense choose to have a trial by jury? They can also choose to have a trial with just the Judge being able to decide. But I could be wrong. I'd ask him but since he took his bar exam 8 years after law school, I can see why he has such trouble. He is totally one of the rings in this three ring circus.

I feel for the guy, truthfully.

I don't know how in the world an attorney can fairly represent a client that lies with every breath .... and with so much detailed bs....

I don't know how he got sucked into this case but I'm sure he's been wondering himself about the negative effect it's having on his life and his family's lives.

Most of us have lived our whole lives and never ran across a true sociopath much less had to defend one in a court of law.

How do you select a jury of their peers?

Select only liars, thieves, and murderers?

:(

I don't feel for him at all! I don't know about in FL but here attorney's can file a motion to withdraw as counsel at anytime. If he has any care for the justice of CAYLEE he would withdraw from this case. But just as gigi stated I think he has fame and $$$$ in his eyes. IMHO

Hi Drum and everyone else!

I think he has $$$$ signs in his eyes--LOL. I just can't feel sorry him. He has complete control over what he says and does but he acts like an :butthead:. KWIM? Doesn't the defense choose to have a trial by jury? They can also choose to have a trial with just the Judge being able to decide. But I could be wrong. I'd ask him but since he took his bar exam 8 years after law school, I can see why he has such trouble. He is totally one of the rings in this three ring circus.

Hi Gorgeous! Glad to see you! :)

Yeah .... you're probably right. I know the money involved is staggering
and a great motivator to push on.... :(

I keep thinking about other attorneys in high profile cases who got sucked in before the facts were out there and possibly believed in their client's innocence until it was obvious they had been played.
And then it was too late and they had no choice but to go down with the ship.

Our country is learning (once again) the consequences of greed.

I'm thinking of the OJ case right now where the "dream team" has suffered tremendous personal loss and life after the "not guilty" verdict.
If one believes in Karma...their examples alone would weigh on a heart very heavily.

In other words, he isn't get paid in money - maybe in services?

I thought I would try to piece together what I could about Baez getting paid, a defense fund and where some of the money is purportedly being spent.

Baez is not doing this case Pro Bono.
Casey's lawyer says he's being paid, but won't say by whom
Snipped from:
http://www.wftv.com/news/17451650/detail.html (9/11/08)
Baez has set up a defense fund for Casey and would consider funding it from a media offer.
So far, spokesman Todd Black said all they're doing is listening to those offers and filing them away.
However, he said, a defense fund for Casey Anthony has been established. A Web site is being put together and might consider taking one of those offers to fund Casey Anthony's defense, depending how expensive that defense effort will be.
Snipped from:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26645555/ (9/10/08)

The money paid by ABC (reportedly $200,000) to license the videos seen on GMA and 20/20 did not go to Cindy or George Anthony.
Through their Orlando attorney, Mark NeJame, Cindy and George strongly deny having anything to do with the release and/or sale of the videos.
"Absolutely not. And anybody that would suggest such a thing is a damnable liar. They did not receive one penny. They did not negotiate or utter one syllable towards that," NeJame said.
Snipped from:
http://www.wftv.com/news/17451650/detail.html (9/10/08)

The money paid by ABC likely went into the defense fund. Since the family did not receive any money, Casey must be the rights holder who received the money, although Baez probably set up it up so it would go straight into the defense fund, under his control. Black confirms that the family did not receive any money.
The Orlando Sentinel's Hal Boedecker was first to report, "ABC News did not pay for interviews or the home video...but ABC News told me that it did license the home videos and photographs."
An ABC News insider tells TVNewser the network paid $200,000 to license "several hours worth of home videos."
But even if the figure was $200,000, still far short of the bond amount, Black is adamant the Anthony family did not receive any money.
An ABC News spokesperson would only tell TVNewser the network licensed the footage from "rights holders," and did not specify if they went through the family or the family's attorneys.
Snipped from:
http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/court_cases/ (9/10/08)

Also, there was a donation by a third party to hire an investigative team to check out leads regarding Caylee, according to Black. I don’t see if he said how much this donation was and whether it went into the defense fund or was paid directly to the investigators.
Black also said a third party has provided the funds to hire an independent investigative team to chase down leads regarding Caylee's whereabouts. Black said due to confidentiality agreements, he would not reveal the identities of the members of the investigative team or the location they're operating out of. He said the team will focus on looking into leads he believes the Sheriff's office has ignored.
Snipped from:
http://www.wesh.com/news/17537985/detail.html (09/23/08)
Interestingly, according to Black today, the investigative team is working a sighting lead right now.
The defense team has an investigative movement going on, on their own. They’ve had it for several weeks and as we speak right now, there is an interview going on in another part of the United States regarding sightings of this child.
Snipped from:
http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video...//www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,404422,00.html (about 4:00 into video)

I thought I would try to piece together what I could about Baez getting paid, a defense fund and where some of the money is purportedly being spent.

Baez is not doing this case Pro Bono.

Baez has set up a defense fund for Casey and would consider funding it from a media offer.

The money paid by ABC (reportedly $200,000) to license the videos seen on GMA and 20/20 did not go to Cindy or George Anthony.

The money paid by ABC likely went into the defense fund. Since the family did not receive any money, Casey must be the rights holder who received the money, although Baez probably set up it up so it would go straight into the defense fund, under his control. Black confirms that the family did not receive any money.

Also, there was a donation by a third party to hire an investigative team to check out leads regarding Caylee, according to Black. I don’t see if he said how much this donation was and whether it went into the defense fund or was paid directly to the investigators.

Interestingly, according to Black today, the investigative team is working a sighting lead right now.

I posted the last link in the media thread, since it happened today, and it wasn't there yet. Thanks for posting it.

Some of the best ones I've read about have been , (allegedly) as thick as a chip.

Between him and his client and a thick judge and a inexperienced prosecutor ,we could be waiting a very long time for justice in this case.

Never under estimate the lawyer!

Or indeed KC the sly one .she knows the legal system is stacked on her side.

:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member