Josh Duggar charged with Receipt/Possession Child Sexual Abuse Material, 29 April 2021 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the odds that the feds just happened to be watching his computer on the days he decided to download the images?

I think that it might have been the particular files that JJD downloaded, that got the ICAC's attention. I'm not sure though, so take it as MOO, and I guess we will discover more if it goes to trial.

What are the odds that the feds just happened to be watching his computer on the days he decided to download the images?

I might have misread or be misremembering, but iirc downloading the file alerted the FBI immediately. It seemed as if they had flagged the file and that a download automatically triggered LE. If that's not right, could somebody explain it to me, please? TIA

Yes, my understanding is the particular file caught federal attention, so my assumption has been that what he is being charged with is what they can prove, not the only instances of it that existed. In fact, them finding evidence of deleted files rather suggests that he downloaded at other times.

This is a local source (the NWA NBC affiliate) that talks a little more about the timeline but not on how the file was flagged:
Josh Duggar's child *advertiser censored* arrest brings interest to the photographed victims

And according to People, the file initially triggered attention from Little Rock cops. I assume they are the ones who bounced it over to the feds, though my understanding is the FBI was never involved. It was always Homeland Security, as far as I know.

Josh Duggar Hearing: Homeland Security Agent Details Timeline of Child *advertiser censored* Case

I know a sex offender, who never interacted, only viewed CSAM. He was watched by the feds for 2 years, they monitored his viewing. The minute he downloaded one file they swooped. From what I understand the downloading is considered intent to distribute, which is a bigger concern than the viewing, to the feds at least.
I think Josh had allegedly downloaded a very large collection, so IMOO he would have had plenty of backlog to view over the 2 years since the download. Perhaps he decided to share one of his downloads, and that distribution triggered the arrest.

I know a sex offender, who never interacted, only viewed CSAM. He was watched by the feds for 2 years, they monitored his viewing. The minute he downloaded one file they swooped. From what I understand the downloading is considered intent to distribute, which is a bigger concern than the viewing, to the feds at least.
I think Josh had allegedly downloaded a very large collection, so IMOO he would have had plenty of backlog to view over the 2 years since the download. Perhaps he decided to share one of his downloads, and that distribution triggered the arrest.

Ah, that makes sense. I was lumping viewing and downloading together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member