Josh Duggar charged with Receipt/Possession Child Sexual Abuse Material, 29 April 2021 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see where the defense is going now, wanting to know why DHS focused on Josh Duggar, and did not confiscate the phones of every single person who worked at the car lot. Or correlate the time other people were at the car lot when CSAM was downloaded.

Josh Duggar Trial: Experts Testify About Alleged Internet Use

There may be ways around this but in my experience, you have to manually select which partition you want to boot into when you first boot up the computer. I have a Linux partition on one of my computers that I use for tinkering with Raspberry Pi devices (tiny computers) and if I want to get into the Linux partition, I reboot my computer and select Linux when the screen comes up asking which partition I want to boot into.
Josh Duggar Trial: Experts Testify About Alleged Internet Use

There may be ways around this but in my experience, you have to manually select which partition you want to boot into when you first boot up the computer. I have a Linux partition on one of my computers that I use for tinkering with Raspberry Pi devices (tiny computers) and if I want to get into the Linux partition, I reboot my computer and select Linux when the screen comes up asking which partition I want to boot into.

You can alter the Linux GRUB to force the computer to boot into Linux versus the native Windows OS — however this would be antithetical since the whole point of Duggar having the Linux partition was for it to exist secretly, or as secretly as possible. With Windows OS being the native OS the BIOS will default to boot to Windows OS unless during the boot up the user interacts with the firmware and chooses the Linux OS. The firmware (BIOS) options appear before a computer connects to the internet therefore the theory of a user accessing via remote tools is nullified.

Last edited:
Post was duplicated and deleted. Sorry.

Last edited:
“Fottrell said "Daisy's Destruction" was notorious: It includes an infant being tortured and was among the "most offensive" he had seen in his career. (At the request of the defense, the judge ordered the jury to disregard that characterization because it was a subjective opinion, not a fact.)”
Prosecution: Password Josh Duggar Used for Child *advertiser censored* Previously Used for Duggar Family Instagram
Even the name of the video makes my stomach turn queasy. I understand that commenting on the video could be inflammatory but seriously, how is any video involving the sexual torture of an infant NOT inflammatory by it's very nature?

I would even argue that it's self-explanatory rather than inflammatory. In any case I'll bet dollars to donuts the jury will not be able to disregard that characterization. Who the heck could? MOO.

Even the name of the video makes my stomach turn queasy. I understand that commenting on the video could be inflammatory but seriously, how is any video involving the sexual torture of an infant NOT inflammatory by it's very nature?

I would even argue that it's self-explanatory rather than inflammatory. In any case I'll bet dollars to donuts the jury will not be able to disregard that characterization. Who the heck could? MOO.

Isn’t the jury required to view the evidence?

Right, federal court allows people to go home after conviction, and arranges when the convict will go to prison. I hate that. I wish it was like state court, conviction, straight to prison.

I do see Josh as a huge potential flight risk.

Along that line — I’ve followed this family for more years than I care to admit, and knowing Josh’s normal demeanor I would not think he would be a suicide risk, however, this trial and his likely conviction are outside the norm. Do you think he would ever consider suicide over serving time in a federal facility? I think he’d rather go to prison claiming his innocence, but I’d love to hear other opinions.

You can alter the Linux GRUB to force the computer to boot into Linux versus the native Windows OS — however this would be antithetical since the whole point of Duggar having the Linux partition was for it to exist secretly, or as secretly as possible. With Windows OS being the native OS the BIOS will default to boot to Windows OS unless during the boot up the user interacts with the firmware and chooses the Linux OS. The firmware (BIOS) options appear before a computer connects to the internet therefore the theory of a user accessing via remote tools is nullified.

I understood seven words of that and all of them were 'the'.

Is that like hitting one of the F keys during boot up - to choose Linux rather than Windows?

I don't think Josh is going to skate on charges this time, Daddy can't save him IMO.

“Fottrell said "Daisy's Destruction" was notorious: It includes an infant being tortured and was among the "most offensive" he had seen in his career. (At the request of the defense, the judge ordered the jury to disregard that characterization because it was a subjective opinion, not a fact.)”
Prosecution: Password Josh Duggar Used for Child *advertiser censored* Previously Used for Duggar Family Instagram

It's totally a fact and the defense knows it.
The video known as "DD" has been referenced in many, many cases as one of, if not the most brutal videos of CSA openly available on the DW.
I don't have links to back this but all it takes is a simple search to see TONS references to it.

jmo (but seriously, NOT jmo)

The video known as "DD" has been referenced in many, many cases as one of, if not the most brutal videos of CSA openly available on the DW.
I don't have links to back this but all it takes is a simple search to see TONS references to it.

Gross and very alarming!! I'll take your word for it.

Interesting question. How would the court handle the jury viewing CSAM? Maybe just using still shots? I really can't see the prosecutor showing an entire clip. Hmm...
Is that like hitting one of the F keys during boot up - to choose Linux rather than Windows?

I don't think Josh is going to skate on charges this time, Daddy can't save him IMO.

Exactly. Is that non-graphical screen where your mouse won’t work and instead uses keyboard inputs like the F-keys and up/down arrows etc. Usually your computer will boot up and rush you past this, and most will require you to press F1 or similar during the boot up to even see the BIOS. Depending on Duggar’s installation of Linux, it’s more likely that a screen will populate on bootup for 10 sec where he could choose 1. Windows or 2. Linux. If he doesn’t press 2 it will default to Windows. The 10 seconds is a guess based on my own experience but this is also configurable. But not to get lost in the weeds - the important takeaway - there isn’t a way for a remote user to interact with computer during the bootup process and it’s during the boot up process when the user selects to boot to Windows or Linux. Therefore you must be physically in front of the computer to choose to boot into Linux.

Last edited:
Interesting question. How would the court handle the jury viewing CSAM? Maybe just using still shots? I really can't see the prosecutor showing an entire clip. Hmm...

My semi-educated guess is that how much, what format (stills, video), and at what volume was all handled pre-trial.

ETA: whoever is showing the graphic material has to be careful. Some of the graphic stuff makes a solid impact with juries. But it’s possible to go overboard and actually have some jurors get angry with whatever party is showing it. It’s a balance - an art form, really. JMO.

Here's one brief article: How much child *advertiser censored* evidence is too much? | Texas District & County Attorneys Association

Here's one example of jurors being offered some kind of counseling: Judge offers counseling to jurors after child *advertiser censored* verdict

Boy, just doing a little bit of research on jurors viewing CSAM makes me want to set up a partition on my computer.

Last edited:
I understood seven words of that and all of them were 'the'.

Peter Scully, the creator of this most deplorable content is arrested and serving a life sentence abroad in a Southern Asian country. He has to be the most treacherous villains alive today. I listened to a podcast called “Objections” from Law and Crime Network that featured one of the journalists who covered the Scully trial and who was given access to locations where these videos were filmed. There are YouTube docs on Scully as well.

Peter Scully, the creator of this most deplorable content is arrested and serving a life sentence abroad in a Southern Asian country. He has to be the most treacherous villains alive today. I listened to a podcast called “Objections” from Law and Crime Network that featured one of the journalists who covered the Scully trial and who was given access to locations where these videos were filmed. There are YouTube docs on Scully as well.

I somewhat regret that I ever googled "DD" or "Peter Scully." However, I do think it is important to have a general idea of the evil that is out there, in order to recognize the gravity of what JJD is charged with, and to fight that evil, and protect children EVERYWHERE. JMO.

I somewhat regret that I ever googled "DD" or "Peter Scully." However, I do think it is important to have a general idea of the evil that is out there, in order to recognize the gravity of what JJD is charged with, and to fight that evil, and protect children EVERYWHERE. JMO.

Agreed. I did a "deep dive" in the beginning. And it was TMI. Which made me respect LEO who go after purveyors of this CSAM.

And, I believe that anyone who searches for this material, is a danger to children in our society.

I hadn’t considered this. Curious, anyone know how much it would cost to partition the computer, if anything? If it does cost $$$, does the prosecution have a money trail on the partition? Or, did I read Josh admitted to doing this? MOO

This argument that the defense presented — Why wouldn’t Josh just have a second device to get around the software that would alert his wife is frivolous. The whole point of Duggar’s scheme. was to have one device, not two, because one device draws zero suspicion from his accountability team. One device that he could manipulate to serve as both legitimate work computer and his *advertiser censored* computer.

It would cost JD zero dollars to create a partition and zero dollars to download install Linux OS. Linux OS is the epitome of freeware. There are many distributions of Linux OS — like “flavors” — some are geared for normal office type work, while another is more geared for people who work with multimedia. There are 100s of distributions. But all are free. Some request a donation. But I think it’s fair to say that all remain free. As for installing it — There are multitudes of step by step guides and videos on how to do this. It takes nothing more than an average reading level and a desire or need to have one device that can run either Windows OS or Linux OS.

Last edited:
Agreed. I did a "deep dive" in the beginning. And it was TMI. Which made me respect LEO who go after purveyors of this CSAM.

And, I believe that anyone who searches for this material, is a danger to children in our society.

Yes, I agree also. I had never even heard of the term "hurt *advertiser censored*" before this case. The concept had never entered my brain. I have mentioned the "Hunting Warhead" podcast, hosted by Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, on YouTube before, and I do think that it is painful, but important to gain a greater understanding of these crimes. All JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxmia2020